Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 02, 2024, 06:20:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally Done...for now!!!!  (Read 2445 times)
rockaduc

« on: May 15, 2009, 01:08:11 PM »

Over the past 2 years, I have done afew things to my s2r 800.  Just finished my mods for this season and thought I would share w/ yous guys...
I really focused on the front end.  I installed LSL clip ons, Radial MC for the front brake and clutch, SPeedy moto top triple and frame sliders, 320mm rotors and SBK 4 piston calipers.  I also lowered the headlight and gauges and installed new front/rear sprockets and chain w/ an AFAM quick change carrier.  I bought some of these parts from fellow DMFers and everyone was excellent.  I also received tech support from several of you on more than one occasion.  A BIG thanks to everyone involved!!!!! waytogo

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
Bun-bun

2002 M620 Dark ie

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 02:36:26 PM »

Nice work. Looks good.

It's a beauttiful bike, so don't take this the wrong way, but they do make red zip ties now.

Just sayin'

"A fanatic is a man who does what he knows God would do, if only god had all the facts of the matter" S.M. Stirling
SikDuc
07 S4Rs

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 02:41:59 PM »

Damn ,white wheels look good when they're that clean!  Nice bike waytogo
Mash

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 04:23:18 PM »

man, that really looks nice.  you've got a beautiful bike.  I can't believe how sparkly the wheels are.  I'd have to get the toothbrush out to get mine to look that good.

I love the hi-mount termis on your scoot.  the plumbing looks nice and fat, and I bet it flows like crazy.  i think that's the best exhaust you could possibly run on that bike.  i have the s2r1k and i don't think termi makes them for my bike.

oh, and by the way...  a little metal polish and some elbow grease on those headers and it'll get rid of the brown color. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 04:27:45 PM by Mash » Logged

'06 S2R1000
rockaduc

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 04:03:07 AM »

Nice work. Looks good.

It's a beauttiful bike, so don't take this the wrong way, but they do make red zip ties now.

Just sayin'

Yes, red zip ties are on my list...thanks for the constructive criticism and positive comments.
Those stupid white wheels are such a PITA to keep clean, but thanks guys.  My next bike will not have white wheels!!!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 04:04:56 AM by rockaduc » Logged

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
Celli

Ducati Codatronca

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 05:22:01 AM »

Nice bike! Like the clip ons and top triple a lot!!! Matte black wheels also would look great, I think.

Ducati Codatronca: Concerto Molto Vivante!
rockaduc

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 06:45:18 AM »

Thanks Celli, matte black wheels eh? hmmmm.......me thinks me might have to look into that...

red baron

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 07:01:20 AM »

Super nice.

Why do you have the preload backed out so far on the forks?

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
rockaduc

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 08:44:39 AM »

Super nice.

Why do you have the preload backed out so far on the forks?

I put those on near the end of last season and am still fiddling w/ them.  They are from a 998, so the springs are pretty stiff.  When all set up, they will probably be only a little less backed out than they are now.

Grug

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 09:20:34 AM »

Holy clean Batman! Those wheels are amazing, shame about the need for daily washing!  laughingdp Gorgeous bike man, consider me jealous!
yotogi

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 10:49:28 AM »

Bike looks great. I know the white wheels are a PITA, but don't give up on 'em! I spent half an hour on mine last night so I know the pain.

muskrat

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 08:18:35 PM »

I put those on near the end of last season and am still fiddling w/ them.  They are from a 998, so the springs are pretty stiff.  When all set up, they will probably be only a little less backed out than they are now.

my termis hang lower on the underside of the bike.  where did you buy those?  Thanks

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
rockaduc

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 04:04:32 AM »

my termis hang lower on the underside of the bike.  where did you buy those?  Thanks

I got them from my dealer, Jack Trebor in Ledgewood, NJ.  Hatar Moto also sells 'em.

geoffduc

18 till i die

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 11:13:15 AM »

White wheels might be a PITA but for me they are the "DOG'S"  bow down

Don't give up on them, after all it's only elbow grease  waytogo

coffee

2015 scrambler FT
2009 monster 1100s
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: