Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 02, 2024, 10:14:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anybody done any 695 engine work???  (Read 1522 times)
woodyracing

« on: May 16, 2009, 11:16:19 PM »

I'm playing with the possibility of squeezing some HP out of my 695 after I get done getting the suspension up to par.  I've been doing a bit of research online, but does anyone have suggestions?  My only limitation is that I've decided not to split the cases so creating a "stroker" with a different crankshaft is out.  Are there options for boring it out more (changing cylinders or boring the stock ones).  I'm relatively familiar with the normal options for other 2 valve engines but the 695 is a bit of an odd-ball with the 88mm bore and shorter 57.2mm stroke. 
Is there enough meat left in the cylinders for the 91mm bore intended for the 800 or am I limited to high comp pistons?

Suggestions are welcome as always!

Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 02:49:14 PM »

Ill be waiting on info on this thread in interest.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 04:13:11 AM by dezmonster695 » Logged
woodyracing

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 03:36:34 PM »

after doing some more research I'm fairly certain I'm going to just rebuild my SV650 and go back to racing that.  I was just playing with the idea of track prepping the monster but unless I've missed something there isn't an even remotely economical way of building a 695 to compete with an 800SS.  The cost of simple things like rearsets, clip-ons, bodywork, suspension work, etc are too much for a bike that probably would never compete in the class I'd want it to if I did try to race it. 

Still wouldn't mind a few extra HP if anybody knows about any applicable bore kits/high comp pistons that will fit the 695.  The 750/800 88mm pistons are out there but I don't know if they'd work for the 695. 
I'm still working on suspension.  My SV650 needs an engine, forks, shock, gas tank, bodywork, rearsets, clip-ons, and a few other odds and ends so if I go that route money will be very tight.  I was planning on a Traxxion dynamics AK20 cartridge kit and Penske shock for the monster, but if it does remain street only, I'll probably have to settle for new springs and call it a day.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 03:38:56 PM by woodyracing » Logged

fasterblkduc

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 07:10:17 PM »

What club are you racing in? Are you wanting to prep it for Lightweight and race against SVs? If so, that motor will not be competitive. Some clubs allow the 900 to race against SVs, so you could bolt up a 900 motor. But if your bike is all stock, it will take a lot of work to get it track ready as you said. The attached photo is my Monster. From stock, I've done all the work and put in approx. $3500-$4000 to get it where it is. If you want pointers on setting one up, pm me but be prepared to do a lot of work.

Atomic Racing
Zalusky Advanced Riding School Lead instructor
2010 partners:
Komodo Gear, Motorex, Studio299, Moto Primo, Caztek, Chickenhawk
woodyracing

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 07:31:01 PM »

It would be WERA D-SBK and Clubman definitely not Lightweight twins.  I started ordering parts for the SV today though, might as well just put that thing back together and get back to racing rather than waste time on converting my street bike.  Cheaper, easier, faster, more competitive for its class, and I've already got a LOT of track time on it.  I'm hoping to get the SV back to a rolling chassis within 2 weeks and planning to get new springs for the monster while I'm ordering the suspension bits for the SV.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: