Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 02, 2024, 08:19:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1098 Showa rear shock on a '01 m600  (Read 1311 times)
tankerbutt

« on: May 17, 2009, 07:17:11 PM »

Would a 1098 showa rear shock fit on my m600 or am i opening up a can of worms here?  My current stock shock only has adjustable pre-load and I'm constantly bottoming out in any moderate turn (i have a full length belly pan that i really don't want to lose)  should i go for the 1098 shock (since its fully adjustable would i need to respring this to get it to work properly) or would getting my current shock rebuilt and resprung be the better option??  BTW i'm 220 with gear

Thanks for any advice,
Cody
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 04:03:07 AM »

Anything can be made to fit with enough fabrication and knowledge, but it sure wouldn't be plug and play.  Your first step should be confirming what the problem is.  At 220 lbs, the rear is quite undersprung, your biggest problem.  Before putting money into your OEM unit inspect the shock.  If the chrome on the rod is worn or pitted the shock is not worth fixing.  It would be easier and cheaper to buy an Ohlins, Penske or whatever sprung for your weight than to try and fit the 1098 shock.  You also might want to post in the "Local Clubs"  section for a local suspension Guru. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: