Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 01, 2024, 11:05:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crankcase Breather Filter  (Read 1523 times)
erik822

« on: May 20, 2009, 06:46:37 AM »

Anyone here have any personal experience with the TPO Crankcase breather filter? I seem to remember seeing one on Ulf's bike  Vino!.

I'm curious about in theory vs. in practice.
In theory the bike runs better with the stock crankcase stuff in place. In practice does it make any real difference?
In theory you can get oil sprayed on your rear wheel. Has anyone found that to be an issue or not really?

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
atomic410

steel horse i ride

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 10:00:11 AM »

I have one on my 620 race bike.  I can't really say that the bike runs better but yes it will emit a small amount of oil that can be wiped off.  in theory it is safer than the stock deal because the oil will never escape in any quanity, i really don't think it could happen with the stock system though either.  it does cut a little weight and look better than the ugly stock parts, imo.  is it worth it?  it's only like $25 so i think so, simply because it gets rid of all the crap under the seat.  ideally i would like to put an stm oil breather valve on my bike so it would leak less oil, but is that worth $200, i'm not sure.  hope that helps bacon

Team Atomic Racing  Check us out @  www.teamatomicracing.com
Thanks to my 2011 sponsors;
Motorex, Vortex Racing, Sidi Racing, Studio 299, Dunlop, Motoprimo, Caztek, On Track 4 Him, Fix Studio
2009 Framstad Cup winner
2009, 10, & 11 CRA 5 hour endurance race winner
CRA Expert #2
ZARS track school instructor
erik822

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 12:21:50 PM »

I was mostly concerned about the "leaking oil" being slippery. But if you're racing with one, then that's probably not the case or else I'd be willing to bet you would have found out by now. Grin

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
atomic410

steel horse i ride

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 01:24:43 PM »

yeah it is a really small amount nothing to worry about.  hell all of my ducs have leaked oil anyways, at least this is expected lol bacon

Team Atomic Racing  Check us out @  www.teamatomicracing.com
Thanks to my 2011 sponsors;
Motorex, Vortex Racing, Sidi Racing, Studio 299, Dunlop, Motoprimo, Caztek, On Track 4 Him, Fix Studio
2009 Framstad Cup winner
2009, 10, & 11 CRA 5 hour endurance race winner
CRA Expert #2
ZARS track school instructor
Vino900

In Vino Veritas

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 01:05:51 PM »

Mine had some slight oil spray after my last BIR trackday but that was running WFO down the straight.  Initially I thought my rear shock was leaking but it was only mist from the breather filter.  I added a red anodized breather under the K&N filter for bling effect this year.  No change in performance.
 Vino!

1999 900 SS i.e Track modified (right side)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: