Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 02:55:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMS Track Day this Thurs. MSR  (Read 1742 times)
Duc L'Smart

« on: May 15, 2009, 01:26:22 PM »

I signed up, as well as Cher. Who else?

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
cm
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 10:16:52 PM »

I might show up. Haven't run my 748 in a while but I'll  probably run one of the SVs more...

Will decide around Tue depending on weather and how much work I need to get done.
webspoke

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 08:22:58 AM »

can't make this one as we are heading out of town Fri.  Have fun, looks like decent (dry weather) [moto]

Streetfighter 1098S
cm
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 12:11:58 PM »

What time are you guys getting there?
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 01:58:04 PM »

8:30 - 9
cm
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 06:59:14 AM »

I hope to see you guys there!  Things just got busy but I'm still confident I can get things handled so I can play on Thursday!
cm
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 12:08:28 PM »

Confirming that I will be there.  However, I am not part of the AMS deal - I'm going as a MSR member so I'm going to be running both my Duc and my SV (mostly my SV).  I normally would bring both my SVs but one of them is having some dash issues so I thought I'd give the Duc some exercise!
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 02:12:12 PM »

Cool.  See y'all there  [moto]
Cyclone
DAS BOOT!

CHAT & SCAT !

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 04:09:49 PM »

[moto] Huh? So trackday participants, what news  Huh?  [moto]

'96 BMW R11 Gs - '72 Honda CT 90
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Frank Zappa
cm
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 06:36:56 PM »

[moto] Huh? So trackday participants, what news  Huh?  [moto]

Short track report: The day was perfect - sunny, with very little wind and wasn't too hot in the shade.  Got 6 sessions in though one was cut short (more later).  There were probably 9-12 bikes during the day.  Since this was also a MSR member day, several members (including me) joined in on the AMS Ducati party...It would've been a  perfect day, but I'll let Scott explain the excitiing moment. 

Since I wasn't a AMS trackday participant, I just hung out with Scott and Lisa in between sessions.  I did find the student/instructor ratio to be interesting - especially since Jeff Nash left after the first couple of sessions.  Personally, I didn't need instruction since I'm still working on stuff from my previous Ty Howard class as well as some of the trackday instruction that I got a couple of weeks ago.

Bill did a quick stop-over right around lunch.

Overall,  a good day but I have some stuff to lookover and replace/repair now  Sad
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 07:07:23 PM »

Phew, what an awesome day!  Thanks very much to Scott for helping me out today (and yesterday) with getting my bike to and from the track  waytogo  And it was great to finally meet "cm" - always nice to find someone else with a similar track day affliction  bang head  laughingdp  Great to see Bill again too.

This was the first track day I've used video feedback and critique.  All I can say is it's not for the faint of heart... Day-uum, I really suck!  Oh well, after discussing my "situation" with Derrick and Jeff I was able to use the rest of my day just concentrating on a few key areas like, body positioning, trail braking, throttle control, rev matching, weight shift front to rear, tire pressure adjustments, looking further down the track, foot-to-foot peg optimization, shoulder placement, suspension compression and rebound, and what else am I forgetting... Ah yes,

PACE!

bang head

(Reminds me of Damien's tagline, "Draggin' knees since 1988" only mine is, "Being a moving chicane since 2005."  D-OH!)

Hats off to the AMS track day crew - Jeff, Derrick, Mike, and Marty.  First class all the way  waytogo

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 07:12:28 PM by lisaboyd » Logged
cm
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 07:25:11 PM »

Phew, what an awesome day!  Thanks very much to Scott for helping me out today (and yesterday) with getting my bike to and from the track  waytogo  And it was great to finally meet "cm" - always nice to find someone else with a similar track day affliction  bang head  laughingdp  Great to see Bill again too.

This was the first track day I've used video feedback and critique.  All I can say is it's not for the faint of heart... Day-uum, I really suck!  Oh well, after discussing my "situation" with Derrick and Jeff I was able to use the rest of my day just concentrating on a few key areas like, body positioning, trail braking, throttle control, rev matching, weight shift front to rear, tire pressure adjustments, looking further down the track, foot-to-foot peg optimization, shoulder placement, suspension compression and rebound, and what else am I forgetting... Ah yes,

PACE!

bang head

(Reminds me of Damien's tagline, "Draggin' knees since 1988" only mine is, "Being a moving chicane since 2005."  D-OH!)

Hats off to the AMS track day crew - Jeff, Derrick, Mike, and Marty.  First class all the way  waytogo

Lisa was not a moving chicane...she kept a good pace up but just needs to get used to new bodyh positions, and skills.  Hard to take in everything at once... I kept telling her she was about 1 degree of lean short of dragging knee (and in some places, if her body position was correct, she could've stuck out a knee right to the ground.   
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 04:34:19 AM »

so what exciting stuff are you talking about?  and what did you end up damaging?

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: