Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 06:23:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I HATE IT when...........  (Read 13774 times)
Gator

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2009, 11:42:56 AM »

I hate it when people post 1,000,001 rant threads when we have a perfectly good (and funny) "I hate it when..." threat going unused.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2009, 01:00:56 PM »

When I get an e-mail, and it says.....

sent from my iPhone

As if I give a make the beast with two backs where it came from.

Oh yeah, and when people use the word "twisties".

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
superjohn

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2009, 01:06:29 PM »

When I get an e-mail, and it says.....

sent from my iPhone

As if I give a make the beast with two backs where it came from.

Oh yeah, and when people use the word "twisties".

It's some default setting on the phone. I'd turn it off if I knew how.

I hate it when people use 'loose' instead of 'lose'. What? You didn't win, so now you're not tight? If that's the case, I do not want to hear about it.
Rev. Millertime

Professional Asshole and all around creepy guy.

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2009, 01:19:06 PM »

Broken tail bone... It hurt like hell, or so i thought until later that day.

Try taking a dump with a broken tail bone!

17 years old working in a full service gas station.  -40 outside and pumping gas.  Didn't realize that when the tank was full it sprayed back on me. 

Walked inside the station to warm up by the propane sunflower heater we had by the front desk.  What i didn't know was the gas that sprayed back on me had soaked thru the gloves and into my hand since my hand was so flippin cold from the weather.  Not to mention, when you are around gasoline all day, you get used to the smell.  Put my hand in front of previously mentioned heater and my left arm of my carhartt jacket was engulfed in flames. 

Fingers were 3 times normal size from blisters and had a blister on the palm of my hand the size of a racquetball.  Just enough skin left on my left thumb to avoid a skin graft, but thin enough I could watch the blood pumping thru the vein just below the skin.

Probably the most disgusting thing of the whole ordeal... waking up with a soaked t-shirt and bandages when the blister on my palm let go.  vomit

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night.
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2009, 01:32:58 PM »

When you're using a screwdriver to crack a seized/tight screw loose on some some small device that you're holding in your other hand - knowing full well you shouldn't - and then having said screwdriver skewer your palm when it finally slips, causing you to throw everything onto the bench as you proceed to do the Oweee Dance.

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
Rev. Millertime

Professional Asshole and all around creepy guy.

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2009, 01:46:55 PM »

When you're using a screwdriver to crack a seized/tight screw loose on some some small device that you're holding in your other hand - knowing full well you shouldn't - and then having said screwdriver skewer your palm when it finally slips, causing you to throw everything onto the bench as you proceed to do the Oweee Dance.

Did that at work today except instead of doing the Oweee Dance, I let out a few four letter words... and then realized I was working at a religious college. 

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night.
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2009, 02:03:10 PM »

I hate the screw driver through the finger/palm/leg thing too. almost always gets infected...

OTOH, they say it is a good release of pain/frustration to swear when you hurt yourself. helps to calm you down.

MOTHER FU@KER THAT HURT!

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
erkishhorde

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2009, 02:23:52 PM »

When you close the car door on your hand and the door locks. bang head Then when your parents try to band-aid you up and you're crying from the pain so bad that they don't understand that you're bleeding from the front and back of your finger. So when they realize this they of course have to pull off the band-aids.

ErkZ NOT in SLO w/ his '95 m900!
The end is in sight! Gotta buckle down and get to work!
Porsche Monkey
JuddDdd likes my

The DMFer formerly known as Ducaholic

« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2009, 02:39:18 PM »

Ooh ooh!! I know that one too well.

I also hate it when I have to explain to my wife why I need a new tire every 3000 miles.

if I had a vagina...I'd never leave the house

Rufus120

« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2009, 09:27:55 PM »

people are too lazy to use their blinkers.  That might not hurt, but is sure pisses me off.
Big Troubled Bear
The wrong side of normal

98 m900 sold, Red 696

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2009, 09:44:34 PM »

I hate it when thieves come at night and steal my monster bang head

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
GAAN
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2009, 09:57:19 PM »

...I can't decide which color gatorade to get so I have to get the rainbow
faolan01

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2009, 07:06:22 AM »

...as a child no one could ever quite make it to the end of the slip-and-slide. I got the bright idea of climbing onto the neighbor's fence and using the rope swing to get some real speed up. let go just past the bottom of the swing and landed mostly on the slip-and-slide. remember back when they had metal pins to hold down the corners? well one thigh landed right on top of one of those. The pin stayed where it was and gashed my leg. I not only made it all the way to the end of the slip-and-slide, I shot right off of it into the mud and rocks we had moved out from under where we set it up.
redxblack

« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2009, 07:26:33 AM »

This thread reminds me of the scene from Jaws where they're comparing scars.

I broke my ankle in several places when I was 15. It was obviously broken, swelling and turning purple very quickly. My mom made me wait on the front stoop for 45 minutes before taking me to the doctor because she was busy w/ the laundry. The doctor was an hour away.

I once went to the hospital in an ambulance. I had a seizure/passed out at home and my wife called 911. They held me for observation for a few hours and sent me home. It was 4am and I didn't want to wake my wife because she'd have to bundle up our 18 month old son, so I walked home. It was 20 degrees f and I didn't have my shoes w/ me. That was a brisk walk.
Gator

« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2009, 07:57:54 AM »

This thread reminds me of the scene from Jaws where they're comparing scars.

I broke my ankle in several places when I was 15. It was obviously broken, swelling and turning purple very quickly. My mom made me wait on the front stoop for 45 minutes before taking me to the doctor because she was busy w/ the laundry. The doctor was an hour away.

Or even better in the scene in Strange Wilderness...

The laundry thing though, she was waiting for her pants to dry because she didnt want to go to the ER in sweat pants incase she saw a cute doctor and started sporting wood...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: