Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 05:02:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Throttle Cable Adjustment  (Read 2160 times)
MotoCreations

Imagination + Engineering = Imagineering

« on: May 18, 2008, 08:14:54 PM »

Mentioned in another thread but figured I'd post here for others also.

I've measured throttle play at 8mm in worse-case scenarios.  Typically @4mm via factory.  Friends Hypermotard was over 4mm.  My Multi was 7.2mm before adjusted.  Spec is 1.5-2.0mm.

Typically I usually adjust them to near zero.

link to adjust --> Throttle Cable Play

Just curious -- what did your measurement of throttle play display?  And after adjustment?  Did it make much difference to the rideability from your perspective?

scott_araujo

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 10:45:21 PM »

I find it makes the bike more ridable with near zero play, they throttle is more predictable and going from off throttle to on is smoother.  I like it near zero but make sure that once you have it adjusted you swing the bars from side to side while the engine is idling.  If you have a tight spot the idle will rise when you turn the bars.

Scott
64duc

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 07:30:26 AM »

I find it makes the bike more ridable with near zero play, they throttle is more predictable and going from off throttle to on is smoother.  I like it near zero but make sure that once you have it adjusted you swing the bars from side to side while the engine is idling.  If you have a tight spot the idle will rise when you turn the bars.

Scott

+1 

I agree. As near zero as possible with no binding. I've never measured the play, wasn't aware there was a spec for it.

94 M900, 64 Diana 250
Juan

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 08:03:36 AM »

hu..!  I will be checking it tonight..!!  Thanks..!  waytogo

eyeboy

some say, he eats raw bacon for breakfast...

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 07:34:44 AM »

+1 

I agree. As near zero as possible with no binding. I've never measured the play, wasn't aware there was a spec for it.

i likewise have taken the play to near zero. it's much smoother on/off, and the only thing i have to watch out for with steering play (I have adjusted to lock to lock out as much as i can without the bars connecting with the tank, i have the 3" rise city bars on my bike) is the fast-idle cable gets a bit tight at full left steering lock, not really a problem but you have to watch for it

Obfuscate! Obfuscate!

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the War Room.

There is nothing noble in being superior to some other man.  The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self. And in bacon. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: