Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 10:05:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducati Freestyle Team  (Read 4239 times)
causeofkaos

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 12:15:37 PM »

i wonder why my 696 never sounded like that? ?

Favorite convo i read on this board
"PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN"
"F**K U IT HAPPENED"

Suzuki Blvd M109R " Sliver " = assassinated by cager
PW 696 " Pearl " = traded in
M1100 " Loki " = Viking God of mischief ( Goddess in this case )
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty pristine body, but rather to come in sliding sideways all used up screaming F*CK YEAH WHAT A RDIE!!
Triple J
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 01:17:35 PM »

It's kind of sad that people can't enjoy the skill of other riders when they're doing something that's pretty cool.

+1
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 01:24:52 PM »

Anyone else want to punch the reporter in the throat?

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Ducati Freestyle Team

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 05:55:11 PM »

Hi guys, first off I would like to say that no, freestyle is not about having fun on the street.  I believe having fun on the street is called motorcycling, saying what was mentioned in the newscast is why people have a negative attitude about what we do with motorcycles before we have a chance to showcase our sport.  Now, all that said it's never a good idea to have someone speak on your behalf that you don't know.

Our program is not to encourage acting like an ass on your bike.  It's more to showcase what's possible on a close to stock Ducati 696.  We did solve the oiling issue, albeit ghetto, we've simply adapted the oil fill to be the crankcase breather, routing it to the airbox.  Not our first choice, but a good working one.

Both Ernie and I have been riding for Ducati for the last year, mostly on the Hyper.  The 696 is very new to us and in all honesty that newscast was the first time we rode the bike setup, and the second time we both rode it at all.  In fact we didn't know if it was going to function with our mods until our early AM (read 5 minuets before broadcast of that news clip).  So please don't consider that poor riding as what we're capable of, nor what we hope to showcase.  We're both competitors in the national points series XDL and have well rounded resumes.  Anyway, I wont ramble more.  Just know that we're not some idiots who think acting a damn fool on the street is a good time, we do indeed enjoy motorcycling in it's purest forms, both race, and above all both like to have fun and ride for a living.  Freestyle riding is perhaps the best venue for doing just that, my job is fun and I can't complain.

I'm literally working on this website now, and through google I found mention of us on here.  This is far from done but a start of our website.

http://www.ducatifreestyle.com/

Raux
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 08:10:01 PM »

well let me be the first to say welcome again. since i was one of those who answered your oiling issue earlier.

how about sealing the oil fill with an O ring and a solid billet cap that you can torque down a bit without breaking, use a TPO that can be safety wired.
Ducati Freestyle Team

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 10:41:02 PM »

well let me be the first to say welcome again. since i was one of those who answered your oiling issue earlier.

how about sealing the oil fill with an O ring and a solid billet cap that you can torque down a bit without breaking, use a TPO that can be safety wired.

Thanks for helping out!  You must have spoke with Ernie (the other rider) while we were looking for information.  I believe I understand what you're talking about, but I'm not familiar with the TPO acronym.  What am I to understand?  Thanks!
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 10:52:48 PM »

Thanks for helping out!  You must have spoke with Ernie (the other rider) while we were looking for information.  I believe I understand what you're talking about, but I'm not familiar with the TPO acronym.  What am I to understand?  Thanks!

http://www.tpoparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=129&osCsid=cb9rfongeejqdrgn8elqa8vfl1

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Ducati Freestyle Team

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 11:11:39 PM »

Got it, we actually had to replace the original cap with that of a custom hollow unit that we can attach a breather hose to.  As it sits we have a solid metal vent that routs to the air box in the stay of the stock plastic cap.  It's interesting to say the least, but working!
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 02:07:16 AM »

Hi guys, first off I would like to say that no, freestyle is not about having fun on the street.  I believe having fun on the street is called motorcycling, saying what was mentioned in the newscast is why people have a negative attitude about what we do with motorcycles before we have a chance to showcase our sport.  Now, all that said it's never a good idea to have someone speak on your behalf that you don't know.

indeed. Worst part of that set up is that the dude talking to the reporter, who should know better said that thng about 'fun on the street'. Dumbass

You're right that comments like that don't help your image nor the general image of riders with the public.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
EvilSteve
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 04:59:36 AM »

Well, technically, they were having fun on the street. The street happened to be closed and (I presume) they had permits. Wink

Welcome to the board, nice to see people out doing amusing stuff on monsters again. waytogo
sbrguy

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 05:43:05 AM »

remember guys freestyle does require talent, you do need very good balance and body awareness and such and now you are doing all of that on a 400lb bike to top it off.

i know i can't do any of that stuff, and i think if you have some skill to do that it would probably help you in ways on the street and cornering as you would know your body position in space and balance and feel of the bike more than probably you do now.

it may not be your thing but you have to respect what some people are able to do.

afterall you may not like half pipe skateboarding but to say that the top guys do not have talent is just ignorant.
DucofWestwood
NOT tweeting photos of my

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 07:52:50 PM »

i saw these guys perform today at the show down in long beach.  my jaw was pretty much on the ground the whole time, as was my wife's and 2-yr old son's.  these guys are impressive and seeing burn-outs, 90-degree wheelies, and head-stands in-person just a few feet away from you is very cool.  definitely made me like the 696 a lot more. 

their show was worth the $15 price of admisson alone and was by far the highlight of the day.  check it out when the show comes to your city.

'06 S2R1k - black - SOLD
'03 620 - red - SOLD
----
yeah
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2009, 05:35:43 AM »

I live in the ghetto and am offended by your comment regarding the oil breather issue. whats next...a comment about the repair was soooo easy a caveman could do it?  Angry
cuz I just so happen to be a ghetto live'n caveman

Grin

welcome to the board waytogo

a DMF link on your website would be cooooool Cool

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: