Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 09:11:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gripe about Monster 696's Ambient Temperature Reading  (Read 12438 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2009, 03:20:38 PM »

This thread makes me crazy...er

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2009, 03:29:26 PM »

The purpose of this thread has been achieved Grin

Guys, isn't this easy? It's not ambient temp, it's intake temp, which is affected by engine temp - not helpful for the rider as much as for the ECU. That's probably why Ducati disabled instrument reading on the M1100, it's just confusing.
If the OP's (wife's?) bike reads extremely high while riding - just a faulty sensor? Or Celsius readings?

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
DarkStaR

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2009, 03:47:27 PM »

I think this whole forum make me crazy...er

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2009, 03:56:32 PM »

I think this whole forum make me crazy...er
catch-22

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

dtsduc

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »

OP here. I thought my question was simple enough but it grew into a life of it's own and got more entertaining but less helpful.. applause

All I can say is "you get what you've paid for"...  The same function works perfectly on my 1098 (and previous 848) within no more than 5 seconds after I turned on the ignition key so I can confirm that there is one such function in the newer Ducatis' dash. I do not care to know that there are other ways to tell ambient temperature or whether such function is needed or not needed on this bike or any bike.

My gripe is that one such function IS on this 696, it has not worked from Day One, and the dealer tech I spoke to said it is normal that it doesn't give out correct reading.  This is not some new, high-tech function that Ducati just invented--it is a fairly low tech thing that's on ALL of my cars (oldest one being a 2002 Mercedes ML)! I would not have missed it if the 696 didn't come with that function but I'm annoyed that it has that function but it doesn't work. If Ducati put a function on the bike, it should expect that the majority of its customers would expect that function to work properly; otherwise Ducati should have just disabled that function completely. I suppose I should just keep telling myself that the 696 is the lowest in the Ducati lineup and that I should be glad most of the things on it still works, for now.  Lips Sealed

BTW, it's not in celsius.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 09:58:59 PM by dtsduc » Logged

2009 Ducati Monster 696 (Hers)
2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910S (His)
Raux
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2009, 11:15:45 PM »

going back all the way to the beginning. the temp sensor always worked for me. never indicated an incorrect temp. the dealer telling you it's normal is bullshit.

the temp indicates F or C depending on the country setting you are using. USA=F EU=C

Bladecutter

« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2009, 12:00:24 PM »

Here's a follow up question for you, since your bike works perfectly:

When you start your bike, does the temp sensor display show the exact temp right away, or does it start at a low temp, and then slowly climb up to the real temp?

My gf's bike starts at a low temp, and slowly climbs up to a real temp.

BC.
Raux
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2009, 12:15:39 PM »

WHEN my bike was working... always showed the air temp the same or very close to the same as it was on the weather sites. also very good even when riding. never had issues.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: