Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 15, 2024, 02:14:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monthly Ducati Ride  (Read 115676 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2010, 09:58:28 PM »

Rode with the group up until the incident at Norfolk...after the damaged bike was picked up I was hungry so I went to Cholo's via snake road for lunch...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2010, 10:00:08 PM »

I went to Cholo's via snake road for lunch...

Dood!!  That sounds like it would have hit the spot!!  Should have gone there after Tantalus.
Brutale
Have you seen my Titianium member?

« Reply #182 on: May 16, 2010, 10:00:47 PM »

Who went down?  It wasnt that purty Nicky Hayden bike was it??

'07 Sport 1000, Black, slightly modded
DRKWNG
« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2010, 10:02:01 PM »

No, but it was a purdy brand make the beast with two backsing new 1198S.  It was a new guy (squid-lite) who works for Tim (Hayden bike).  Poor thing had something like 300 miles on it and down it went.
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2010, 10:18:42 PM »

i was going to take more pics but felt i would have been in bad taste. i really wanted some of the bike when it was pinned between the road sign and the wood fence but figured it was better if i just help get it up and out before someone called the cops.

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2010, 10:19:49 PM »

Yea, sorry I never called you back.  We went out, one guy went down and the ride pretty much fizzled from there.  Ended up at Varsity for a few beers then everyone went home.

No problem.  I went around 13 turns, norfolk, and tech park in the late afternoon.  A much needed quick spin to recharge myself and my bike.
whackie

« Reply #186 on: May 16, 2010, 10:25:12 PM »

Rode with the group up until the incident at Norfolk...after the damaged bike was picked up I was hungry so I went to Cholo's via snake road for lunch...

you shoulda said something. we had some good grinds at my house. bbq ribs, chicken, and stake. after we dropped off the bike at SS, we started up the grill. we have lots of left overs too.
DRKWNG
« Reply #187 on: May 16, 2010, 10:30:24 PM »

Poor me.  Missed out on tasty ribs due to my need for beer and a demanding dog.  lol
elasticjoe

2010 848 Dark

« Reply #188 on: May 16, 2010, 10:47:17 PM »

We apparantly also missed a very eventful Monaco Gran Prix
whackie

« Reply #189 on: May 16, 2010, 11:08:02 PM »

Poor me.  Missed out on tasty ribs due to my need for beer and a demanding dog.  lol

that's why i thought a thursday night would be better. but oh well, i learned my lesson. nvr offer to do a bbq for anyone. best anyone will get at my place is gatorade  waytogo

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2010, 05:40:10 AM »

We apparantly also missed a very eventful Monaco Gran Prix

watched it yesterday afternoon after the ride, a good one!...also watched race 1 of the WSBK at Kyalami, that was pretty good also...

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2010, 05:43:48 AM »

you shoulda said something. we had some good grinds at my house. bbq ribs, chicken, and stake. after we dropped off the bike at SS, we started up the grill. we have lots of left overs too.

that would have been nice...and I kinda thought that was the plan from last weeks postings, but no one mentioned it and being kinda new to the group, I didn't want to invite myself...

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2010, 05:57:52 AM »

+1 on the "invite myself" thing

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2010, 06:36:54 AM »

that's why i thought a thursday night would be better. but oh well, i learned my lesson. nvr offer to do a bbq for anyone. best anyone will get at my place is gatorade  waytogo

Timing is everything! Sounds like you guys had a good time though. I just had to be at other places in the afternoon. They say balance is the key to life. I dunno.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2010, 06:42:23 AM »

i was going to take more pics but felt i would have been in bad taste. i really wanted some of the bike when it was pinned between the road sign and the wood fence but figured it was better if i just help get it up and out before someone called the cops.

No harm, no foul. You should have gotten a picture of the wedged bike.  If there is no serious blood, broken bones or other vehicles involved we keep it to ourselves. We don't need no stinking badges! (No offense Laughn ---- hey, we could have used you up at the H3 lookout when we were being threatened  laughingdp)

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: