Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 14, 2024, 06:17:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monthly Ducati Ride  (Read 115419 times)
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #495 on: May 15, 2011, 10:53:19 PM »

The second half of the ride was definitely better. I just don't know why Jose seems to like routes like Kam Hwy out to Chinaman's Hat. I went along with it because I thought Bobby was going to grab his Mv but he got the Aprilia motard instead. Four of us left the beachpark and headed for Tantalus.  Evil

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:56:04 PM by hadesducati848 » Logged

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #496 on: May 15, 2011, 11:22:15 PM »

Amazing picture for a phone that was bounced down the H3.   laughingdp

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #497 on: May 15, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »

Amazing picture for a phone that was bounced down the H3.   laughingdp

bounced off at 90+ mph then slid for maybe 200 feet and then hit the divider.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #498 on: May 16, 2011, 02:25:53 AM »

Any chance that is Emile's old 1198?  Anyone heard from him lately?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #499 on: May 16, 2011, 08:52:01 AM »

Any chance that is Emile's old 1198?  Anyone heard from him lately?

That's an almost new 1198 that belongs to guy named Allejandro (hope I spelled that right). Yesterday might have been his first time riding with us and was his first time over Tantalus.

Haven't heard or seen Emile since the opening round of MotoGP at Qatar. That is, he was over here for a short visit at that time.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #500 on: May 16, 2011, 02:25:13 PM »

That's an almost new 1198 that belongs to guy named Allejandro (hope I spelled that right). Yesterday was his first time over Tantalus.

Evil

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #501 on: May 16, 2011, 10:11:20 PM »

At the lookout break Ken was telling Al that he was doing good for the first time on the road.  I was leading and took about 5 slowdown "ease offs" so the group could reform from time to time so I can't really comment. I can easily imagine that a rider's first time over that road isn't going to be super on any bike let alone trying to wrestle an 1198 through there.  laughingdp [moto]

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #502 on: May 17, 2011, 10:42:11 PM »

Lol, I am in no way quick on that road. But the dude didnt make me want to kick him over. And he at least leaned into the hairpins rather then going so slow as to steer with th handle bars *cough cough* busa *caugh* so I cant complain much haha

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #503 on: May 18, 2011, 09:51:08 PM »

Are you referring to Brandon's friend on the 'Busa that went along with us on one of the Sunday Rides?

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #504 on: May 18, 2011, 11:46:36 PM »

Lol maybe, and I do understand he was on almost 500 lbs of bike and it was stretched out a bit more then stock. but he was not the only one. The last few times I went up there with a group I have been behind guys who are very conservative and eventually let me pass. Always at the top after  we pass my favorite parts. But its all good, and one day I will be able to keep up with the cool kids.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #505 on: May 19, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »

Here's a couple of hints for Tantalus. If you don't want to be behind someone you have to establish yourself in front of them at the bottom. No shame, but then you should be sure enough of yourself that you don't hold them back either or be ready to move over, no shame either.  Hint #2 --- the downhill is it's own special half and can be just as much fun as going up. The downhill gives you lots of opportunities to practice smoothness.  waytogo   [moto]

canes

High number of post, Does not = a high IQ

« Reply #506 on: May 26, 2011, 01:29:02 PM »

Whens the next monthly ducati ride? (date time) I'm ready to go  [moto]

CANES

NEVER GIVE UP !!!!!!!
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #507 on: May 26, 2011, 10:49:24 PM »

Whens the next monthly ducati ride? (date time) I'm ready to go  [moto]

CANES

Should be the second Sunday in June. 11am ride out.

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #508 on: June 06, 2011, 11:30:21 PM »

I can't wait...anyone know what the proposed route will be?

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #509 on: June 07, 2011, 02:46:24 AM »

I can't wait...anyone know what the proposed route will be?

Through a lot of neighborhoods then up the backside of Kam Hwy to Sharks Cove. 

Grin

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: