Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 10:54:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: heading up to halliburton july 19th  (Read 2907 times)
donzo
T-Dot DUC

DUC Dreams

« on: July 11, 2009, 08:37:57 AM »

Is there anyone out there that knows the sweet routes that wants to come for a nice Sunday ride?  I'm heading out from downtown Toronto next Sunday early morning hoping to get back to beat the cottage return traffic.

I met this girl named Virginia.  She said "nice bike, you can call me Virgin for short, but not for long"

'07 S2R 800 Gloss Black - Cookie1 Tailchop - Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors - Rizoma Barends - Speedymoto Framesliders - Stebel Nautilus Horn - 14T Sprocket - Full ZARDS exhaust - Open Airbox - K&N Filter - Monza Belly Pan - Nichols flywheel - bitubo rearshock - resprung S2R1000 forks
Mountfort

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 07:13:35 PM »

Take mostly back roads - but make sure you take Haliburton Hwy No.1 between Kinmount and Minden. Goes through little villages of Gelert and Lochlin with some nice twisties and plenty of vertical. Not much traveled - I have never seen a police car there.

There is also a nice stretch along Hwy 8 called Glenarm road. Can be pretty fast. Also not a major road, so less likely to get a ticket.

My usual route is up the DVP to Newmarket and then out the 31 and jogging North and East to get up to Argyle and Hwy 8. Glenarm road to Fenelon Falls, up to Kinmount, then Hwy 1 to Haliburton. A good ride. Maybe 2.5 hours going strong.   

Have fun.

'07 S2R 800:
14T; DP collectors; Gubellini damper; bar end mirrors ... appetite for more.
donzo
T-Dot DUC

DUC Dreams

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 02:51:36 PM »

sweet dude, thanks.

I met this girl named Virginia.  She said "nice bike, you can call me Virgin for short, but not for long"

'07 S2R 800 Gloss Black - Cookie1 Tailchop - Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors - Rizoma Barends - Speedymoto Framesliders - Stebel Nautilus Horn - 14T Sprocket - Full ZARDS exhaust - Open Airbox - K&N Filter - Monza Belly Pan - Nichols flywheel - bitubo rearshock - resprung S2R1000 forks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: