Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 02:30:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Old Canadian Apathy  (Read 3510 times)
donzo
T-Dot DUC

DUC Dreams

« on: June 03, 2009, 01:55:17 PM »

Where is everybody on this local board?  I know there's Monsters out there, I'm seeing many more these days around downtown TO and I know people lurk around here.  You're all too busy riding I hope.  Lemme know you're out there people!  What's your route for a pleasure ride?  Donzo.

I met this girl named Virginia.  She said "nice bike, you can call me Virgin for short, but not for long"

'07 S2R 800 Gloss Black - Cookie1 Tailchop - Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors - Rizoma Barends - Speedymoto Framesliders - Stebel Nautilus Horn - 14T Sprocket - Full ZARDS exhaust - Open Airbox - K&N Filter - Monza Belly Pan - Nichols flywheel - bitubo rearshock - resprung S2R1000 forks
burt69er
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 06:50:58 AM »

Well I've got a story....

Wife came to me a couple of weeks back saying "I don't think the Ducati is a very family oriented activity"  (ie. shes not a fan of riding and our kids are small) plus she's worried that I may end of dead or something.

So she proposes that if I sell the bike, I can buy any sportscar I want/afford.  Now I respect my wife and was rather proud that she came up with this plan on her own and provided a compromise.  I could have just said "Its paid for, I love my bike and riding so make the beast with two backs off this shit".  However I gave it some thought, and as I said I respect her decisions and support so agreed.

It was interesting searching through what I wanted out of a car, I looked at late model Porsche 911's, Vettes, muscle cars.  I decided on a Mustang convertible.  So I was lucky to snatch up a 2007 with a bunch or Roush performance parts and has low KM and is in immaculate condition.

The new owner of my S2R1000 is a nice guy from Toronto and he has sent me many messages telling me how much he is enjoying it.  I was really sad to see the bike go.  I loved that bike and put a lot time finding it and modding it to make it want I wanted.

So everytime I see a Monster I will think of you guys, and the best of times I had with mine.

Stay safe riding out there, and hope you guys won't mind if I still lurk around this community.

Brett
donzo
T-Dot DUC

DUC Dreams

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 09:03:54 AM »

Wow, that's quick moves in a couple of weeks time.  Sorry to hear you're monsterless.  I was looking forward to hearing those zards at Rev on the 13th.  Well, your loss is some lucky guy's gain.  Now just don't go flying out the open top in your stang.  Cheers.

I met this girl named Virginia.  She said "nice bike, you can call me Virgin for short, but not for long"

'07 S2R 800 Gloss Black - Cookie1 Tailchop - Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors - Rizoma Barends - Speedymoto Framesliders - Stebel Nautilus Horn - 14T Sprocket - Full ZARDS exhaust - Open Airbox - K&N Filter - Monza Belly Pan - Nichols flywheel - bitubo rearshock - resprung S2R1000 forks
Africaboy

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 11:18:03 AM »

Hey Guys
I also see a lot of Ducs out on the road,  including a SCHWACK of Monsters. I am perplexed as well, to the lack of people active on this board. I gave up trying to find Ducati's to ride with, so I ride with a bunch of Rice Rockets. I will be at Rev on the 13th and hope we get a decent turnout. Sorry to hear about the loss of the Duc, Burt. Gets my vote for the best excuse.
See you dudes on the 13th
Cheers
Mark
burt69er
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 12:26:57 PM »

I tried to hold off until after the 13th to let this all go down.  Its always a pleasure meeting up with fellow Duc riders and shootin the shit.

Donzo youtube Zards pipes and you can pull up a few that are pretty good and realistic for the sound.  They do sound great in person.  I don't know if the guy who bought the bike off me will show up on this site.  Told him about, he works for GASP Honda.

Have a good one at Rev's

Cheers,

Brett
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: