Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 07:30:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New and a little lost...  (Read 13611 times)
RichD

« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2008, 11:30:46 AM »

Oh, that RichD, he's a funny one...

cdc is one of our's- he lives near Ft. Worth & has 3 very nice Ducs waytogo

Oh, THAT  "cdc"...

Yeah, that one is different!  Grin

DFW-MFer!
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2008, 11:35:08 AM »

I know you have the phone number handy for the Center for Disease Control if necessary  waytogo

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
RichD

« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2008, 11:43:17 AM »

I know you have the phone number handy for the Center for Disease Control if necessary  waytogo

Actually... I don't... but  do have this blister here...

Could you forward it to me?

THANKS!...

Grin

DFW-MFer!
cdc

my superbike. nutts someone copied my avatar.

« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2008, 11:55:37 AM »

cdc was formerly know as *** in TOB.

Charles de Castro to you Ryan.  Welcome to the group.  Sport Classics are beautiful bikes for sure but to get you started on a Duc you can use for two up riding, it is not the only Duc out there.  Trying to get a good deal on them will take awhile since other than the '06 GT 1000 which may be available on the used market these days, there will be more biposto SCs in the '07 and '08 which in many cases are still considered "current" models.  I know that definition is stretching it for the '07s.  

To get you started soon on a Ducati with good two up capabilities, like Steve (sdlrodeo) has suggested, a used ST (ST2, ST4, or ST4S) are great bikes for two up riding and touring.  They are sleeper bikes.  They might look frumpy and not "sportbike" enough but if ridden right they will more than hang with the superbikes.  Now I just need to ride mine right and I too will be able to hang with the hotshoes.  You know who you are. Grin

Another way to go is to show up this afternoon and out-drink Rich.  If you can get him so drunk that we can steal his 900SS,  you can use it and I can use it as long as Rich doesn't know where his bike went to we will be good.  Seriously, an older 900SS is now "old school" classic and is a neat bike to own.  I'd consider doing that to RichD's 900 SS/CR but he needs it to build a side bike for his dog and it just wouldn't be right to take that away from "duke".  Anyway, newer Supersports with fuel injected 800cc and 1000cc engine might also be good.  They no longer make them and maybe out there in the used bike market.  They are air cooled, fuel injected and with more modern electonics.  I would consider them if you are tall enough and have a long reach because they tend to have a high seat height and a longer reach to the bars.  They have a more decent seat than the Monster and are fully faired.  Some older ones were half faired.

From the high priest of the Cult of the Dead Cows (ie non vegetarian meat lovers)
previously know as ***
aka cdc (small caps peeps, not large caps)
fastwin
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2008, 11:59:34 AM »

RichD I like that Slap Maxwell mission statement. waytogo My wife just wouldn't understand. To paraphrase a great line: The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways at full speed, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride!!!" I have that written on a piece of paper taped to a cabinet in my garage... right next to the note I left my wife before last year's Arkansas trip promising her that I would be safe. laughingdp
sdlrodeo

« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2008, 12:23:03 PM »

Steve I had a YSR80 with I lived in Japan and I loved riding that little bike. Rather than just picking a gear and going, like a larger bike, I had to work on proper gear selection, braking points and good lines to keep up with full sized bikes.

Yeah, Suposedly, the YSR I'm on used to race against and occasionally beat Hayden, Spies, and a few others. It is not running the same as it did 7 years ago. The tires were that old too! That first run wasn't fun with 7 year old tires in the rain. Good times!

Wrist is to throttle as finger is to trigger.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: