Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 27, 2024, 08:40:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 695258 times)
hillbillypolack

« Reply #2295 on: March 04, 2012, 07:23:46 PM »

Sanguine.  I couldn't have gotten through the evening without hearing that word.  You showing off your superior vocabulary, Iz?   laughingdp
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #2296 on: March 04, 2012, 07:28:15 PM »

Sanguine.  I couldn't have gotten through the evening without hearing that word.  You showing off your superior vocabulary, Iz?   laughingdp

i was just trying to oblige.. maybe i'm watching too many zombie flicks, you know?  capisco?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
uclabiker06

"The time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted"

« Reply #2297 on: March 05, 2012, 10:17:01 PM »

How in the hex do they decide who gets the bs "kit" and who gets a new tank?  Clearly you should get a new tank IMHO.  I'll be going to peppboys in the morning to get some K100 (until I have the time to go through with the whole casewell thing)

Life is never ours to keep, we borrow it and then we have to give it back.
2006 S2R
2009 Smart
The Bearded Duc
a.k.a. duc750

« Reply #2298 on: March 06, 2012, 01:14:25 AM »

How in the hex do they decide who gets the bs "kit" and who gets a new tank?  Clearly you should get a new tank IMHO.  I'll be going to peppboys in the morning to get some K100 (until I have the time to go through with the whole casewell thing)

I think it's the cosmetic deformation that gets the kit (ripples, tank latch, or bumpers).

The tanks that are leaking, or something of the like, get the new tank. Don't quote me on that, it's just the impression I got from my dealer.

2001 M750 - Sold
2006 S2R 800 - She's just darling
xsephirot

« Reply #2299 on: March 06, 2012, 06:51:59 AM »

I think it's the cosmetic deformation that gets the kit (ripples, tank latch, or bumpers).

The tanks that are leaking, or something of the like, get the new tank. Don't quote me on that, it's just the impression I got from my dealer.

The question I have is if you get the BS tank kit does it count as the "replacement" and henceforth you only have 6 months of warranty left? According to the settlement it is 5 years of 18 months whichever is longer. Most of us with older monsters will probably be going by the 18 month rule. And then there is 6 months of additional warranty after the replacement. So say 2 months in you had the BS tank put on then would they say you only have 6 more months left instead of 16?
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #2300 on: March 06, 2012, 07:17:20 AM »

It seems like you'd get the longer of the two, but I would have to reread the terms.

uclabiker06

« Reply #2301 on: March 06, 2012, 08:05:40 AM »

That kit thing is such BS  laughingdp  I'm going to refer to it as the bs kit from now on... what a two backs beasting joke.  Going to be real interesting to see how this whole thing plays out.  Duc750 that doesn't make any sense b/c if there are tanks that are leaking then a bs kit is not goint to prevent leaking!!! 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:52:43 AM by uclabiker06 » Logged

2006 S2R
2009 Smart
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #2302 on: March 06, 2012, 08:49:41 AM »

That kit thing is such BS  laughingdp  I'm going to refer to it as the bs kit from now on... what a two backs beasting joke.  Going to be real interesting to see how this whole thing plays out.

I think the ramifications of the "BS Kit" will be played out for years.  Just think of what it will do (has done) for re-sale values of the bikes involved.  This event will sow alot of bad blood for years (please forgive the mixed metaphor).

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

uclabiker06

« Reply #2303 on: March 06, 2012, 08:53:47 AM »

Nordog, my point exactly...if the tanks expand to the point where they leak then the bs kit is not going to prevent that outcome. boo  Look, when a guy goes to buy a new Ducati all he is going to care about is that the bike looks beautiful and that Ducati is winning races and on the cutting edge.  All eyes of the world are on the Panigale not our old bikes.  However I do think their reputation has been tarnished because of this.  To what extent?

If they start using the ethonal gas Europe I think this will turn into a real big stinker for them.  Either way that whole bs kit thing is unacceptable; a joke really.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:45:33 AM by uclabiker06 » Logged

2006 S2R
2009 Smart
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #2304 on: March 06, 2012, 09:41:02 AM »

For the painted tanks, deformation over a certain amount (I think it's 3 or 4 mm in any direction) gets a new tank.

I don't believe there is any option for replacement for unpainted tanks.

Warranty modification is 5 years from purchase or 18 months additional FROM the date of the settlement, whichever is longer.

6 months applies when you have a replacement tank.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
uclabiker06

« Reply #2305 on: March 06, 2012, 09:48:20 AM »

Clearly Gadgetechs' tank was painted.  Gadgetech, did you request to just get the tank and then instal it yourself? FYI the dealership gets paid for the labor to instal the tank on your bike.  Perhaps if you requested to instal it yourself there is nothing in it for them and they are just giving you a hard time in return.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:51:17 AM by uclabiker06 » Logged

2006 S2R
2009 Smart
Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #2306 on: March 06, 2012, 10:29:24 AM »

I'll start saving for a steel tank..
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:35:24 AM by Grifo » Logged

2007 red S4Rs
The Bearded Duc
a.k.a. duc750

« Reply #2307 on: March 06, 2012, 11:03:33 AM »

Duc750 that doesn't make any sense b/c if there are tanks that are leaking then a bs kit is not goint to prevent leaking!!! 

That's why I said if the old tanks are leaking then they will get a replacement.

If the cosmetic deformation isn't that bad, yet, DNA wants to go the cheaper route and give the owner the "kit". I think the idea is to avoid giving out new tanks left and right like they were doing before the lawsuit.

2001 M750 - Sold
2006 S2R 800 - She's just darling
CrashVR

« Reply #2308 on: March 06, 2012, 12:34:26 PM »

I'll start saving for a steel tank..
You should be saving for one of those aluminum tanks Ducatiz is having made up.  My plan is to get one and wait to put it on until I get a new one from Ducati so I can coat it and have a backup.  I don't ever want the tank to be an issue for me again.  That said, if it does really end up hurting the resale value and these tanks from Ducatiz become readily available, then these bikes will become a steal on the used market!
Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #2309 on: March 06, 2012, 12:43:09 PM »

^^  That's what I meant  Vino!

2007 red S4Rs
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: