Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 27, 2024, 08:39:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 695258 times)
CrashVR

« Reply #2340 on: March 10, 2012, 03:15:13 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Harley own Ducati once before?
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #2341 on: March 10, 2012, 04:27:37 AM »

nope.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #2342 on: March 10, 2012, 08:04:46 AM »

HD owned MV Agusta... Not Ducati.

anderson10

« Reply #2343 on: March 28, 2012, 07:46:00 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Harley own Ducati once before?

I found another mechanic he said he will do my bike for $120, he said hes done it before to a bike, but he said he broke only one light out of all of them, so i might have faith in him in handling my sexy beast. etsnet, unless if u can come nearby my house and do it for me and i pay you $50, or i will just let the guy do it for $120, im gonna try and haggle the price down from the guy too. Thnx
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #2344 on: March 28, 2012, 12:30:01 PM »

I found another mechanic he said he will do my bike for $120, he said hes done it before to a bike, but he said he broke only one light out of all of them, so i might have faith in him in handling my sexy beast. etsnet, unless if u can come nearby my house and do it for me and i pay you $50, or i will just let the guy do it for $120, im gonna try and haggle the price down from the guy too. Thnx
WTF?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #2345 on: March 28, 2012, 12:54:15 PM »

WTF?

You beat me to it.

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #2346 on: March 28, 2012, 01:04:25 PM »

pretty sure he's a spammer

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #2347 on: March 28, 2012, 01:07:42 PM »

pretty sure he's a spammer
I'd think so, but there are no links in his posts, or in his profile.

He's made the same basic post 3 times.

I'm thinking some sort of scraper bot.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #2348 on: March 28, 2012, 01:37:44 PM »

It's JuDDdDdDDDddddD's revenge!!

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #2349 on: March 29, 2012, 09:14:06 AM »

It's JuDDdDdDDDddddD's revenge!!

Nah, his revenge would be explaining how a friend of a friend has a dog that owns 20 guns.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #2350 on: March 29, 2012, 12:21:17 PM »

laughingdp

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
justinrhenry
Super

weeeeee!!!

« Reply #2351 on: March 29, 2012, 03:54:39 PM »

i'll do it for $75

_____
2013 Honda CB1100D
2006 Honda ST1300
2003 Ducati Monster 620ie
K3V1N

« Reply #2352 on: April 03, 2012, 09:43:44 AM »

I figured I would try and bring this thread back on topic with a tank update.javascript:void(0);

I had photos taken of my S2R in January and after bugging the dealer with some phone calls they told me last week that they called Ducati NA and got approval to order a new tank.

They said to check in with them in 2 weeks to see if they got it yet. So I have my fingers crossed hoping this works out.

I plan on coating the tank before it's installed. My question is does the dealer have to install it? Could I pull the pump off the old tank change my fuel filter and just bring the 2 tanks?

Thanks!
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #2353 on: April 03, 2012, 09:46:13 AM »

I figured I would try and bring this thread back on topic with a tank update.javascript:void(0);

I had photos taken of my S2R in January and after bugging the dealer with some phone calls they told me last week that they called Ducati NA and got approval to order a new tank.

They said to check in with them in 2 weeks to see if they got it yet. So I have my fingers crossed hoping this works out.

I plan on coating the tank before it's installed. My question is does the dealer have to install it? Could I pull the pump off the old tank change my fuel filter and just bring the 2 tanks?

Thanks!

All of the dealers I've spoken to are required to do the work themselves.  If you have a relationaship with that dealer, they might let you take the new tank and get it coated while they hold your bike (they can't let you have both tanks without approval from DNA).

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
The Bearded Duc
a.k.a. duc750

« Reply #2354 on: April 03, 2012, 10:39:16 AM »

All of the dealers I've spoken to are required to do the work themselves.  If you have a relationaship with that dealer, they might let you take the new tank and get it coated while they hold your bike (they can't let you have both tanks without approval from DNA).

This is what I was told as well.

2001 M750 - Sold
2006 S2R 800 - She's just darling
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: