Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:21:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666628 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2009, 11:22:45 AM »

Same search interface.  Click vehicle button and the search button under

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
rockaduc

« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2009, 01:55:51 PM »

I just heard back from my dealer today, looks like I will be getting a new tank also.  I have also filed a complaint online w/ the NHTSA about 2 weeks ago.

I am wondering if my 5 year emissions warranty clock "resets", so that when this happens in another 4 years or so, I can get another new tank.  Of course it would be nice if Ducati just fixed the issue correctly and gave us all metal tanks as replacements.

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2009, 02:21:44 PM »

Nope.  Neither warranty resets that I know of.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2009, 09:55:43 AM »

Just got back from Ducpond.  They think I will get it warrantied.  He was a bit concerned because the tank had been repainted, which was news to me.  I'll know by Friday.  I'll file my NHTSA complaint soon.

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
Rufus120

« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2009, 05:51:52 PM »

Ok so I shot you off an email at this address as I don't have a yahoo account.

ducatiplastictanks-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I would guess my tank is only starting to bubble and isn't as bad as some of the pics here, but I'd like to try and best one step ahead.  I'll make an appointment to have it looked at by Moto Corsa here in Portland. I'm the second owner of my bike.  Is that going to matter? The original owner bought in there.  If that doesn't matter than and they turn me down I'll file my complaint.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2009, 06:01:38 PM »

Ok so I shot you off an email at this address as I don't have a yahoo account.

ducatiplastictanks-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I would guess my tank is only starting to bubble and isn't as bad as some of the pics here, but I'd like to try and best one step ahead.  I'll make an appointment to have it looked at by Moto Corsa here in Portland. I'm the second owner of my bike.  Is that going to matter? The original owner bought in there.  If that doesn't matter than and they turn me down I'll file my complaint.

it doesn't matter, and you should file the incident report with NHTSA no matter what.

the NHTSA report is not a complaint, it is a report of a DEFECT.  it has no bearing on the dealer's reporting back to Ducati, it is to give the Feds a heads-up that Ducati sold a defective (and possibly dangerous) gas tank on multiple models. 

DO THE REPORT no matter what the result of your visit to the dealer.

scduc

« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2009, 12:14:48 PM »

I took my S2R in today for the 7500 mile check-up, and notified the tech that i had some deformation with the tank. He took a look and siad he will file a claim with Ducati. He sounded very confident that they would simply replace the tank. Now I am a wait and see. So do I file a report with the NHTSA now, or do I wait until I hear what the verdict will be?

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
rockaduc

« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2009, 01:15:57 PM »

I took my S2R in today for the 7500 mile check-up, and notified the tech that i had some deformation with the tank. He took a look and siad he will file a claim with Ducati. He sounded very confident that they would simply replace the tank. Now I am a wait and see. So do I file a report with the NHTSA now, or do I wait until I hear what the verdict will be?
it doesn't matter, and you should file the incident report with NHTSA no matter what.

the NHTSA report is not a complaint, it is a report of a DEFECT.  it has no bearing on the dealer's reporting back to Ducati, it is to give the Feds a heads-up that Ducati sold a defective (and possibly dangerous) gas tank on multiple models. 

DO THE REPORT no matter what the result of your visit to the dealer.
scduc, you were kidding with that question right? The answer was literally posted right above your post.  You must have read it before you posted.

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
scduc

« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2009, 04:29:22 PM »

scduc, you were kidding with that question right? The answer was literally posted right above your post.  You must have read it before you posted.
Yeah, I know. my brain must of farted. It's only been a couple of hours, but I think I may be going through withdrawal's. Any way, I fill out th eforms the best I could, cuz there was no report for 08' S2R. I do however have an ODI #. So all is good, yes?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 05:10:32 PM by scduc » Logged

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
Qwack

« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2009, 05:23:16 PM »

ducatiz , send an email to that subscribe address you gave, and got no reply email....so I signed up on yahoo, and I must be doing something wrong as I have not received any email back to send my info to...what on earth am I doing wrong... bang head

BTE my new tank is in at dealership will have installed next week  waytogo

thanks

J.P.

« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2009, 05:02:22 AM »

NHTSA monster tank report talley

'05  4 filed
'06  3 filed
'07  6 filed
'08  1 filed

Still haven't heard from an instector, and I filed well over a month ago. Must not have enough on file to make this issue very important.

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2009, 08:17:04 AM »

NHTSA monster tank report talley

'05  4 filed
'06  3 filed
'07  6 filed
'08  1 filed

Still haven't heard from an instector, and I filed well over a month ago. Must not have enough on file to make this issue very important.

thanks for posting this.

people need to get off their asses.

angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2009, 08:37:45 AM »

Officially off my ass - complaint has been submitted.

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
Nekkid Tim

« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2009, 05:51:58 AM »

Filed my report with the NHTSA today.  Interestingly enough, I noted another 2007 S4RS complaint about failed TPS sensors causing stalling.  I have already had my throttle bodies replaced TWICE on my bike for this very problem.  Looks like I'll be filing a second complaint after I get home and have access to my service records!

Oh, and it's been several weeks and I have not heard back from DucPond about my Warranty claim with Ducati.  <sigh>  Guess I'll have to call them and find out what's going on (or what's not going on, more likely.)

Ducati DS1000SS track bike crashed 9/19/16, Ducati DS1000SS Roadster conversion street bike, 2000 Harley FXDX Super Glide Sport, 2006 Harley FLHXI Street Glide, 1967 Honda CL-90 Scrambler
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2009, 11:44:21 AM »

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I just got word from Nathan over at DucPond - DNA is going to replace my tank!!!

Unfortunately, they have one dark tank on back order in front of me so it may take 2-3 weeks (or more is my guess) to get it done.  That is A-OK by me.......

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: