Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 10:27:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666742 times)
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #195 on: October 07, 2009, 05:30:41 PM »

Took a while to show up, but my tank is now definitely showing signs of expansion. Sad Sad

Just submitted my request to join the email list.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #196 on: October 07, 2009, 05:55:15 PM »

Took a while to show up, but my tank is now definitely showing signs of expansion. Sad Sad

Just submitted my request to join the email list.

how many miles do you have on the bike and year?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #197 on: October 07, 2009, 05:57:55 PM »

how many miles do you have on the bike and year?

2007 M695

21,500 miles

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
wbeck257

Porkchop Sandwhiches!

« Reply #198 on: October 09, 2009, 03:23:05 AM »

Well, mine start to swell up.

Took it to Atlanta Motorworld, and they emailed Ducati.
Got word yesterday that a new tank is on the way and should be here in 9 - 20 days.

So that turned out a lot better than I thought it would.

2006 S2R1000
13,000 miles.

2006 Ducati S2R1000, 1974 Honda MT125, 1974 Penton Jackpiner 175, 1972 Yamaha R5
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #199 on: October 09, 2009, 05:42:10 AM »

Just heard back from Nathan at DucPond.  My tank should be in today, only 36 days from ordering.  I should have it installed in the next couple of weeks.

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #200 on: October 09, 2009, 06:41:23 AM »

Pics of my tank expansion (click for bigger images)

Latch will not close at all.  The latch should be approximately 10-15mm from the keyswitch when closed.

These are the rubber U bumpers.  They are supposed to sit directly on the frame.

Side Rippling:

Full view -- doesn't look like any problem at all from a distance.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #201 on: October 09, 2009, 06:49:48 AM »

Can you guys post up what color tanks you are receiving?

I know someone who has  personal relationship with the dealer since hes bought 2 bikes from them, and im going to ask him to re-ask for me. I already emailed the guy about getting a red tank, and he wont respond, cant seem to get through on the phone, and i dont feel like showing up and having some random lady give me a parking ticket.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
J.P.

« Reply #202 on: October 09, 2009, 08:26:46 AM »

Latest tally on complaints filed:
(for plastic tank monsters)

'05- 6
'06- 6
'07- 12
'08- 1

The only difference from my last tally on Sept 10, one month ago, was only 3 additional files for '07 guys.
Nobody else has a problem.

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #203 on: October 09, 2009, 09:49:56 AM »

Latest tally on complaints filed:
(for plastic tank monsters)

'05- 6
'06- 6
'07- 12
'08- 1

The only difference from my last tally on Sept 10, one month ago, was only 3 additional files for '07 guys.
Nobody else has a problem.

i have 82 ppl on the mailing list, it's kind of silly.   i think ppl are afraid that the NHTSA will tell on them to Ducati and they won't get their tank replaced -- that's all I can figure..

Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #204 on: October 09, 2009, 09:53:46 AM »

I filed, enlisted Wink complained and got my tank replaced.
 People file your complaint with the NHTSA or in two years we'll be screwed again...

2007 red S4Rs
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #205 on: October 09, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »

Can you guys post up what color tanks you are receiving?

I know someone who has  personal relationship with the dealer since hes bought 2 bikes from them, and im going to ask him to re-ask for me. I already emailed the guy about getting a red tank, and he wont respond, cant seem to get through on the phone, and i dont feel like showing up and having some random lady give me a parking ticket.

Dark - DucPond those were backordered but could have got me a different color sooner.

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2009, 07:43:40 AM »

I reemailed my dealer about getting a red tank since i got no response.

My first email (which was the pics and vin #) were sent on July 16.

A response was given July 18th
"I sent in the form with your info and am waiting on hearing back from DNA regarding your issue, once I do I will inform you of what we can do"

after two emails asking for an update on August 8th...
"the tank is on order but unfortunately its not available and its coming to be august when Ducati Motor Holdings almost completely close for the month except for a skeleton crew, but let me see if I can get some sort of eta"

Another two emails on Sept 26.
"Im sorry I havent been able to get back to you I've been out for a bit, unfortunately, the tank is still not in and its been over 2 months, everytime I process an availability for the tank it comes up as not available and will give a a backorder date, when I've contacted DNA they cannot give me a eta for the tank, I will stay on top of it for you and the minute I get any news I'll get back in contact with you."

So depending on how you look at it, its been 3-4 months. Still no tank.

I think I'm the only one who is taking this long. Part of the reason why I think they are just blowing smoke up my ass. Maybe they are reading this. But even then, I kept quiet for 2 months waiting patiently. This is just getting ridiculous. Sad
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 07:46:12 AM by He Man » Logged

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #207 on: October 11, 2009, 08:58:57 AM »

Did they say your new tank has been approved?  if so, I would just sit back.  Everything in those emails sounds about right and recently there have been more people getting tanks replaced. 

scduc

« Reply #208 on: October 11, 2009, 11:21:30 AM »

He Man,  Sounds to me like they are hosing you. My dealer knew the ETA after one week. Now I received mine in extra short time, due to some unforeseen circumstances. I would think that they would be able to give you some sort of realistic date.

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2009, 03:33:17 PM »

Did they say your new tank has been approved?  if so, I would just sit back.  Everything in those emails sounds about right and recently there have been more people getting tanks replaced. 

whatever is in that email is what they sent me. It sounds like they did when he said the tank is on order.

i dont get why a dealer would do this. wouldnt it be easier to just lie and say no we wont?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: