Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 08:50:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 669749 times)
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #240 on: November 08, 2009, 04:52:29 PM »

NOT GOOD!

Im fine with that. if my tank blows up ill just sue Ducati for a new bike because they are taking so long to get me a new tank. ( i still havent gotten one)

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
J.P.

« Reply #241 on: November 09, 2009, 04:16:57 AM »

Im fine with that. if my tank blows up ill just sue Ducati for a new bike because they are taking so long to get me a new tank. ( i still havent gotten one)

If it blows while you're on it... we'll have to sue them for you.

Someone on the sport classic board mentioned a recall by Duc for those who have problems- this isn't a recall. Anyone hear reassurances that the problem is fixed?

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #242 on: November 09, 2009, 04:21:46 AM »

If it blows while you're on it... we'll have to sue them for you.

Someone on the sport classic board mentioned a recall by Duc for those who have problems- this isn't a recall. Anyone hear reassurances that the problem is fixed?

I got my new tank over the weekend.  No reassurances.

I can't believe how small the new tank is.....I can see so much more frame around ignition key area.

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
J.P.

« Reply #243 on: November 09, 2009, 08:17:03 AM »

Guess I gotta pull the trigger too. Would like to be able to lock the steering again. Or see my battery.

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
Charlief

« Reply #244 on: November 11, 2009, 07:14:49 AM »

UPDATE

I went to the dealer on October 23rd to have pics taken.  I got an email today saying my tank is in!!!!  Less than 2.5 weeks!!!

My dealer rocks!!

Eastern Cycle in Beverly, MA

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #245 on: November 11, 2009, 09:48:45 AM »

alright this is pretty make the beast with two backsed up. I emailed the dealer 1 last time. If they dont want to cooperate, ill just contact DNA and ask them who i can go to because thats 2/4 local dealers who arent willing to change my tank out for me.

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
cduarte

« Reply #246 on: November 12, 2009, 04:56:37 AM »

alright this is pretty make the beast with two backsed up. I emailed the dealer 1 last time. If they dont want to cooperate, ill just contact DNA and ask them who i can go to because thats 2/4 local dealers who arent willing to change my tank out for me.

I think you just like being a victim... want my spare tank?

build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #247 on: November 12, 2009, 05:04:31 AM »

My dealer is still waiting to hear from Ducati, he says he's been bugging them. Undecided

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2009, 07:37:05 AM »

My dealer is still waiting to hear from Ducati, he says he's been bugging them. Undecided

thats the same thing mine said.

Charlief

« Reply #249 on: November 12, 2009, 02:57:08 PM »

I dropped my bike off today.

My tank was sitting in a box waiting for me!  There was another tank with mine waiting install for a S2R1000.... I was told.

I'm having my 12K service done also...so come spring I'll be ready to roll.

I'm not sure why others are having problems getting tanks.  What kind of relationship do you have with your dealer?  Get services done there?  I do all the easy stuff myself (oil changes, mods, and some other things) but leave the valve adjustments/belt changes for the dealer.  I also buy my oil/filter from the dealer.  ya I know I pay a little more but what $10 more?  They know me and when problems arise they get handled promptly.

Just my .02

angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #250 on: November 13, 2009, 03:13:32 AM »

I had two very different experiences.  I called Speed's, which is closer to me than DucPond, and they couldn't be bothered.  Acted like they never heard of the problem the first time I called and then the second told me I had to contact Ducati first.  That didn't work as Ducati told me it was something the dealer had to do. 

I called DucPond and they immediately told me to take pictures and email them to their parts mgr.  I did that and within a day or two he called me and said I had a good case but would need to see the bike in person.  One look and 4 weeks +/- later I had a new tank.  Would have been faster except for a backorder on dark tanks.

To that point I had spent roughly equal amounts at both shops. 

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
red baron

« Reply #251 on: November 14, 2009, 06:49:02 PM »

I guess I'll chime in here now.

So today I stop at the dealer (GP in San Diego), and the service mgr is talking to me while the tech is sorting out some front suspension issues. He mentions the tank thing and we're looking at mine and I show him a few minor issues and he orders a new one for me. Grin

We'll see how long before it shows up.

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
aaronb

« Reply #252 on: November 20, 2009, 05:11:57 PM »

looks like i am going to have to do this soon, my tank is now rubbing the ignition on the right side.  if only this would have happened sooner, my local dealer closed their doors three weeks ago.  Sad

Milwaukee, WI
'07 s2r1k, '81 honda cb400t
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #253 on: November 21, 2009, 06:41:24 AM »

looks like i am going to have to do this soon, my tank is now rubbing the ignition on the right side.  if only this would have happened sooner, my local dealer closed their doors three weeks ago.  Sad

Look at it the other horrible way.

Say you went in and got them to order you a new tank.

Then they closed.

So you go to another shop, which gets their request from DNA denied, as one has already been ordered for you.

You know it could happen.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #254 on: November 21, 2009, 09:58:34 AM »

Look at it the other horrible way.

Say you went in and got them to order you a new tank.

Then they closed.

So you go to another shop, which gets their request from DNA denied, as one has already been ordered for you.

You know it could happen.

that would be funny if it happened to someone else. lol

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: