Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:43:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666620 times)
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #255 on: November 21, 2009, 03:20:30 PM »

that would be funny if it happened to someone else. lol

We all know it's going to happen to you. Your dealer is probably closing their doors right now, with your replacement tank listed on ebay.  Kiss

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Charlief

« Reply #256 on: November 22, 2009, 05:00:57 AM »

Picked up my bike yesterday with my new shiney tank installed. 

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #257 on: November 22, 2009, 01:28:20 PM »

10 days. wtf.

i emailed DNA. they said they will look into it. Im not holding my breath. I alreayd have a steel tank replacement i bought 2 months ago.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ghosthound

« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2009, 10:31:16 AM »

ahhhh... i bought my monster used and its an 05 model... i have a feeling the purchase date is past 5 years now... i guess im SOL.  bang head
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #259 on: November 24, 2009, 10:38:29 AM »

ahhhh... i bought my monster used and its an 05 model... i have a feeling the purchase date is past 5 years now... i guess im SOL.  bang head

My bike was an '05 and I just got a warranty last month.  I would still contact your dealer.

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
ghosthound

« Reply #260 on: November 24, 2009, 10:59:37 AM »

...hmmm. Im gonna head to the dealer right after work! I gotta check the paperwork to see when it was purchased anyway.. haha hope it works!!  bow down
Charlief

« Reply #261 on: November 24, 2009, 11:24:15 AM »

Mine is an 05

ghosthound

« Reply #262 on: November 25, 2009, 06:37:50 AM »

went to the dealer yesterday, service manage looked at the tank, took some pix, and sent the request in for the new tank.

While there, i saw a tricolor monster tank that was just replaced as well...
memonstro

« Reply #263 on: November 28, 2009, 06:46:14 AM »

I have a 2007 Sport Classic. My dealer just ordered my second replacement tank yesterday.(11-28-09). My first tank was replaced in April of 09. That tank was shimmed this summer. Nothing offical from Ducati about if they've solved the problem or not yet. My dealer tells me that the tanks are covered for at least 5 years through the emmisions warranty. I haven't had any problems yet getting mine replaced.
There is a group going through PAKBIKES.net that are going to have their tanks sealed using Caswell Tank Seal. I waiting to see how this turns out.
Charlief

« Reply #264 on: November 29, 2009, 03:22:24 AM »

There is a group going through PAKBIKES.net that are going to have their tanks sealed using Caswell Tank Seal. I waiting to see how this turns out.

I was just thinking of this the other day.  Like when you repair a rusted tank with POR 15 or something like that....  I just don't know if the product sticks to the plastic/nylon interior.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #265 on: November 29, 2009, 03:32:39 AM »

I was just thinking of this the other day.  Like when you repair a rusted tank with POR 15 or something like that....  I just don't know if the product sticks to the plastic/nylon interior.
I don't believe either product will in the long run.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

cduarte

« Reply #266 on: November 29, 2009, 01:25:24 PM »

10 days. wtf.

i emailed DNA. they said they will look into it. Im not holding my breath. I alreayd have a steel tank replacement i bought 2 months ago.

emailing is a waste of time. Use the telephone and start calling regularly...

build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #267 on: November 29, 2009, 01:52:22 PM »

Who has had an 05 "acid yellow" tank replaced?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
J.P.

« Reply #268 on: November 29, 2009, 02:22:25 PM »

I have a 2007 Sport Classic. My dealer just ordered my second replacement tank yesterday.(11-28-09). My first tank was replaced in April of 09. That tank was shimmed this summer. Nothing offical from Ducati about if they've solved the problem or not yet. My dealer tells me that the tanks are covered for at least 5 years through the emmisions warranty. I haven't had any problems yet getting mine replaced.

So after 5 years, everybody is screwed?

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #269 on: November 30, 2009, 03:22:36 AM »

So after 5 years, everybody is screwed?

Not necessarily. 

The emissions warranty only goes to 5 years or 18,xxx miles, whichever happens first anyhow, and plenty of folks with much more than 18k miles are getting replacements.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: