Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:50:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666453 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #690 on: July 15, 2010, 01:31:15 PM »

I wonder who the fellow on .ms talked to at NHTSA ie which Office? 

Plus the FTC would not handle an automotive product defect where there is a possible safety issue.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
kansascity

« Reply #691 on: July 15, 2010, 01:33:38 PM »

FYI - on the Ethanol as a cause, I've got a 07 that just started bulging this summer.    And I've been running a special high test no ethanol specialty fuel that I buy 5 gallons at a time.   As far as I know my bike hasn't had any ethanol gas in it.  

CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #692 on: July 16, 2010, 03:30:11 AM »

My replacement tank is in!
I'm going to test dummy for Rockwell Cycle and try the Caswell coating.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #693 on: July 16, 2010, 12:35:12 PM »

Cdawg when did u file the claim? i havent heard anything yet and its been over a month and a half.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #694 on: July 16, 2010, 01:25:09 PM »

Cdawg when did u file the claim? i havent heard anything yet and its been over a month and a half.

and what color?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #695 on: July 16, 2010, 02:03:22 PM »

i dont know. my Vin number gives it a silver with black stripe. but they visually saw its black. and my friend got his approved for full black on a 620....but i never got anything.... not sure whats going on. going to call tomorrow.

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Bill in OKC

S4Rs

« Reply #696 on: July 18, 2010, 08:38:28 AM »

An interesting post on the Aprilia forum.  One guy said he filled up with AV gas and his (aprilia) tank shrunk overnight...Huh?

'07 S4Rs  '02 RSVR  '75 GT550  '13 FXSB  '74 H1E  '71 CB750
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #697 on: July 18, 2010, 10:23:35 AM »

AV?

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #698 on: July 18, 2010, 10:38:22 AM »

AV?

aviation

problem with that is that it is leaded, or most of it is..

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #699 on: July 18, 2010, 10:45:26 AM »

aviation

problem with that is that it is leaded, or most of it is..
You concerned about cats or legalities regarding leaded fuel in on road vehicles?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #700 on: July 18, 2010, 11:10:25 AM »

You concerned about cats or legalities regarding leaded fuel in on road vehicles?

Well, mainly the cat but if I were a manufacturer and were planning to fight a lawsuit regarding a problem with a gas tank, and I knew people were putting leaded gas into a vehicle which states "UNLEADED" only, I might bring that up and have the lawsuit thrown out.

Wonked

« Reply #701 on: July 19, 2010, 03:01:12 AM »

Got my new tank installed on Saturday from Atlanta BMW/Ducati. Amazing to see what the tank is supposed to look like. I plan on adding stabil with every fill up.
vaclav

« Reply #702 on: July 19, 2010, 12:13:26 PM »

I just filed with NHTSA and subscribed to  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ducatiplastictanks/join  Thanks for the links. Also, I took mine in to the dealer two weeks ago. He had a surprised look on his face but he got his digcam out right away and took pictures of the hinge slots and latch area. I called a week later and he said they were backordered. I called again today (two weeks later) - still backordered. And don't call him, he'll call me. Did anybody get any paperwork given to them when they made their complaint? I have no documentation whatsoever.

I wanted to let you folks know that I have a new tank now. The tank took about five or six weeks to come in. Dealer swapped them the next day. I was given a receipt for service (no charge to me). I had decided to give it six weeks based on what I had read here. I'm glad I was able to be patient (my bike is not my primary transportation). I asked my dealer if he knew of any changes in the structure or composition of the new tanks. He said he had no knowledge of that. I also asked if he recommended coating the inside of the tank. He said no because he was concerned the coating could potentially clog the fuel system. I am not discrediting anyone's research or experiences here; just reporting what he said. For what its worth, my dealer has a good reputation around here from what little I know. Also for what its worth, I have hardly been in there except for buying the bike and the free service I negotiated at the time of purchase so its not like we have the type of relationship where he would give me any inside info.
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« Reply #703 on: July 20, 2010, 03:31:04 AM »

2nd tank is growing.

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #704 on: July 20, 2010, 06:11:34 AM »

this is a rant, you dont want to hear it, or your going to complain to me about how i rant blah then dont read it.

background story:

Went with beancounter, erichchang87 to rockwell. Ericchang did NOT bring his 620, but submitted photos via email of his tank. Rockwell cycles took pictures of my tank.

my friends 620 got approved for replacement.

ME ON THE OTHER make the beast with two backsING HAND... for SOME GOD DAMN REASON have to travel my ass 80 miles back there and they want to take more pictures and break out a measuring tool. And they have no explanation for it. I asked why they needed more photos they said, thats just the way it is. I asked why someone else got approved but mine needs to be measured they said, its standard procedure and they dont know why they have to measure mine. I asked if i could just email photos to them. they said no. Suck my balls dude, i dont give a make the beast with two backs ill just ride my shit till the tank starts leaking gas and blows up. Im tired of this shit.

3 make the beast with two backsing dealers and no one can give me a straight answer except goldcoast which was flat out no. Its swollen i cant remove my tank without a screw driver and the damn thing holds 3.5 gallons of gas and half of the tank is so bad the frame doenst even support it.

make the beast with two backs you ducati.

edit: I just called back after pacing around the absurdity of this. I asked that he speak with Nick again to make sure there was no misunderstanding cause id loose about 5 hours of my day to just go there wait for someone to take pics and then come back...anyway, nick told the phone dude that for some reason the photos did not come out....the same camera that was used at the same time to take pictures of beancounters bike did not come out...even though i looked at them on the camera and at the same time after i emailed them, they never got back to me.That just means the warranty issue was never filed since they never had evidence of it.

Before i start badmouthing them, im just going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they have a large workload right now and over looked this cause as far as im concerned, i shouldda just stayed working with Goldcoast, atleast they are only 20 miles away and there are no $11 toolbooths between me and them. I would of gone through the same shit anyway.

well anyway, they said NOW i can email them photos.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:37:29 AM by He Man » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: