Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:11:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666725 times)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #705 on: July 20, 2010, 08:40:57 AM »

That's the problem with dealer with a dealer that is so far away. Thankfully they see me pretty regularly, so my claim was not put on the backburner, plus it helps that the service guy is on the ball.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
DRKWNG
« Reply #706 on: July 23, 2010, 09:56:42 AM »

I was a member here and the DML for many years before selling my S4Rs and jumping ship to KTM. Just to let you guys know, Superdukes also have this expanding gas tank problem. Two days ago I had to hammer a flathead screwdriver between my tank and the steering stem and had to pry that bastard into position in order to get it screwed on. Plastic tanks suck ass....

Ah.  Now I see why you mentioned this to me at dinner Isaac.  The tanks on the SD's are not actually known for swelling; they are just a STUPID tight fit from the factory.  Every SD's tank is like that, and they have been documented as being incredibly difficult to fit at the factory, before there has ever been fuel in tank. 
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #707 on: August 06, 2010, 11:29:29 AM »

Just more uselesss news and updates.

emailed Rockwell twice after they took pics. no response. I called, they said they lost the pics. so i emailed them new pics. no reply. emailed them again. no reply. called, left msg, called again, spoke to someone and they said someone would call me back 2 days ago.

no word on what the situation is. Really i could care less if the gas spills everywhere and it catches on fire. so as long as im not on the bike. more reason for me to go after DNA for money to buy a new bike. this is just ridiculous.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #708 on: August 06, 2010, 12:37:39 PM »

DNA has nothing to do with Rockwell's issues. If anything you should be contacting the BBB.

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #709 on: August 06, 2010, 12:46:49 PM »

ofcourse, the issue here is i cant find a dealer whos even willingly to submit the claim.

What blows is, i went with a group of 3.  One of the guys didnt even have the bike with him, and he just emailed the photos and got it approved.

The other 2 (including myself) cant even get a call back and we were there with our bikes, they snapped the photos and lost them, never contacted us until months later when we inquried about the issue.

And theres many other members on this very forum that said rockwell helped them out. so what gives? I'm courteous to them, i gave them all the time they needed and we spoke for a good 30 minutes just chatting and hanging out. its not like i rubbed them the wrong way.

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #710 on: August 06, 2010, 01:05:19 PM »

Sorry to say that you might want to go there again and camp out until they snap the photos and put in the claim right there.

poseur

« Reply #711 on: August 06, 2010, 06:26:42 PM »

I suggest you craft a detailed letter explaining everything that happened (and also what it is exactly that you'd like them to do) and send it to Ducati North America, as well as Ducati in Italy.  Also send a copy to whomever it is that owns/manages Rockwell.

If that doesn't work, there must be other legal avenues.

I can't believe you've been treated so poorly by the chumps at Rockwell though. They seem to be as shady as Pro-Italia in Glendale California: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=92958
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 06:29:39 PM by poseur » Logged
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #712 on: August 07, 2010, 04:03:27 AM »

9 month old tank starting to swell again..... bang head

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #713 on: August 07, 2010, 04:44:16 AM »

Have you used any treatment like Stabil or Startron?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #714 on: August 07, 2010, 04:51:04 AM »

Have you used any treatment like Stabil or Startron?

Nope.

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #715 on: August 07, 2010, 08:48:15 AM »

When I bought my S4Rt a few weeks ago I brought it in to the dealer to get an inspection sticker. While I was there I mentioned that the tank looked a little suspicious so they took a few photos and submitted the claim. My new tank is in route now.

FYI-The dealer told me that the problems we are experiencing with the tanks is because of the ethanol in the fuel and not likely to stop any time soon. So my question is, why is Ducati responsible for replacing tanks because of the shitty fuel our government is making us use.
 Additionally they told me the problem is not just with Ducati tanks. They have seen it on Aprilia, Guzzi, and every other brand with plastic tanks.

I have to be honest, if I was DNA I would be looking into a lawsuit with the U.S. government. Why should they have to shell out thousands and thousands of dollars in replacment tanks because of the fuel they make us use?

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #716 on: August 07, 2010, 08:51:02 AM »

Who knows whats going on over at ducati.

Once i get my tank, im throwing it on the shelf, and installing a metal tank.

Old-Duckman

« Reply #717 on: August 07, 2010, 08:51:33 AM »

Just picked up my bike with new tank today.

Don't want to read through 48 pages of posts but saw the Caswell tank sealer mentioned on page 47. I was considering that for my new tank. Caswell says it will not stick to polyethelyne...Is that what the Monster tanks are made of??

Any success or failures on the list with the Caswell?

TIA
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #718 on: August 07, 2010, 08:57:24 AM »

So I just posted my experience with my expanding fuel tank in the other thread.

My dealer has been more than helpful and my new tank is on the way. They explained the problem is caused by the ethanol in the fuel and not likely to stop anytime soon. They also mentioned that it is a recurring problem with any plastic fuel tank. So, whats going to happen when all the cars/trucks on the road start having the same problem because of the ethanol? I'd be willing to bet it already happening but because the fuel tanks on cars and trucks are underneath it goes un-noticed.

I'm curious, isn't there anything we can seal our tanks with that will help us avoid this problem? The distributer I get my paint from sells POR 15 and I asked them about it. They actually called the manufacturer and asked and they said it "may work, but they can't guarantee it"

I don't want to have the same problem with my new tank so anyone have any ideas?

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #719 on: August 07, 2010, 09:00:07 AM »

I don't think POR 15 will help with expansion.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: