Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 03:57:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666685 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #735 on: August 08, 2010, 06:50:41 AM »

I thought the discussion on plastic tanks in the sticky thread was pretty comprehensive.

Silly me. Roll Eyes

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #736 on: August 08, 2010, 06:54:28 AM »

<snip> i shouldda just stayed working with Goldcoast, atleast they are only 20 miles away and there are no $11 toolbooths between me and them. I would of gone through the same shit anyway.

well anyway, they said NOW i can email them photos.
Pretty sure that was suggested when you went on a rant about Goldcoast.

Have you ever considered the possibility that it's you...

and not the multiple dealers that others have good experiences with?

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #737 on: August 08, 2010, 12:49:25 PM »

Have you ever considered the possibility that it's you...

and you say I dont read  Grin, seriously though, i did, 2 pages back.

Just to get more detailed, i chatted with him for a good 30 mins about various stuff, and he was super chill. We were mostly talking about the 1098 he was workign on, and the oil spill in the gulf since it was kinda fresh in the news. I even spoke to the secretary for a bit and joked with her. I'm pretty sure she would remember me purely because of my last name. Also bought some stuff from the parts guy who did not have a nice attitude, just kina "in at 9 out at 5" kinda guy.

Thats why I had just a positive post about rockwell when i submitted my claim with them.

maybe it is me, and if it is, they shouuld tell me wats wrong casue i dont have a clue.

<joke hat>
my last resort is to show up with my friends platnium AMEX and wave it around, buy a new pair of gloves and shwo interest in buying a new bike.
</joke hat>

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #738 on: August 08, 2010, 01:57:29 PM »

maybe it is me, and if it is, they shouuld tell me wats wrong casue i dont have a clue.

Easy
You probably show up looking like a kid to them (aka not a customer).
You have a bike that's been down like-6, 7 times, and want a shiny new tank.
Probably an attitude of being tired of all this, as well as one that you're actually owed a new tank.
And after chasing one of these for months, I'm sure your first reaction is t9 be extra patient, no?

No one else has had this much trouble. No one else has had the same issues with the dealers you've gone to (least, not all of 'em).

It's you dude. Drop whatever attitude you're bringing, put on some nice clothes, see how much better life can be.

Wash the bike, too.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
DRKWNG
« Reply #739 on: August 08, 2010, 02:08:36 PM »

Wash the bike, too.

Dave?
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #740 on: August 08, 2010, 02:14:19 PM »

Dave's not here, man

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #741 on: August 08, 2010, 07:35:52 PM »

Mr. I thanks for telling me i dress like shit. Maybe i should show up in some Bannana Republic dress shirts, pants and shoes instead of my cheap Underamor and Teknic gear and off brand AXO boots.

I got a thick skin to shurg off offensive shit and I'll take constructive critisism to heart and work on it. As much as DP thinks im a douchebag, he will atleast PM me and tell me why he doenst like my attitude. No one likes being told that they need an attitude adjustment and you cant please everyone. but for you to tell me i dress like  a poor make the beast with two backs and ontop of that, that i cant afford nicer gear.....Sorry, I dont have money like you. heres me being 22, not 18 and walking away from this. Theres a bunch of people I actually like on this forum, and I dont feel like getting banned.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #742 on: August 09, 2010, 01:47:52 AM »

Everybody lighten up and put their feelings and off-topic opinions back into their purses.

Tanks are explodin' and pregnant dogin' about other stuff won't help.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #743 on: August 09, 2010, 03:30:50 AM »

I thought the discussion on plastic tanks in the sticky thread was pretty comprehensive.

Silly me. Roll Eyes

Except that it's 50 feakin' pages long!

I spent some time reading through it but I didn't see anything mentioned regarding sealing the tank. Thats why I started the new thread. Thanks for combining it though. That was a great help.  Roll Eyes

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #744 on: August 09, 2010, 03:38:48 AM »

I spent some time reading through it but I didn't see anything mentioned regarding sealing the tank. Thats why I started the new thread. Thanks for combining it though. That was a great help.  Roll Eyes

There is plenty about sealing the tank, the general consensus is that Caswell will work.  Sorry it's so long, maybe I'll update the first post with some general info soon.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #745 on: August 09, 2010, 03:50:53 AM »

I didn't...

evidently another admin agreed with me.

I'm really sorry you don't have the time to read everyone else input.

Maybe everyone with a plastic tank problem should start their own thread. Kiss

perspective

Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #746 on: August 09, 2010, 03:56:53 AM »

I didn't...

evidently another admin agreed with me.

I'm really sorry you don't have the time to read everyone else input.

Maybe everyone with a plastic tank problem should start their own thread. Kiss

HA!  laughingdp

I was relating my own experience. Sorry, what was I thinking.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:08:27 AM by Monstermash » Logged

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #747 on: August 09, 2010, 04:21:45 AM »

Back on subject. To discuss the additives, I've been using Star Tron every time I park the bike. I only need to use a cap full per tank if it's going to sit for more than a day, so it's not that expensive. If thr EU wil start using E-10 soon, then we'll probably see Acerbis forced to coat their tanks, since the European manufacturers will most likely put pressure on them.

For the time being, I only see 3 solutions:

1) Buy a none plastic tank
2) Use the additives
3) Coat the tanks

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Bill in OKC

S4Rs

« Reply #748 on: August 09, 2010, 07:55:53 AM »

It is too bad that

4. Tell the ethanol cartel/gas companies/gubmint to FIX their F'n fuel.

is not an option.

'07 S4Rs  '02 RSVR  '75 GT550  '13 FXSB  '74 H1E  '71 CB750
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #749 on: August 09, 2010, 08:19:40 AM »

Please no political content. It wouldn't do to have this thread locked when it's one of the most important issues affecting our bikes today.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: