Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 27, 2024, 10:16:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 695282 times)
Desert Dust
Ten Most Popular Uses for a

"There's no glamour in Nirvana, no glamour at all"

« Reply #1365 on: February 20, 2011, 06:54:22 PM »

They are not the same material.  There have been some tank problems with the new generation Monsters, not as common and maybe not related.

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=25074.msg809084#msg809084
Does that mean my replacement tank won't expand like the oroginal? That's what the dealer told me. (07 S2R 1K)

07 S2R 1K:  "You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #1366 on: February 20, 2011, 07:20:35 PM »

They are not the same material.  There have been some tank problems with the new generation Monsters, not as common and maybe not related.

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=25074.msg809084#msg809084

US M1100s are the same material (PA).  Euro and Oz tanks are not (XLPE)

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DucNaked
I'm not just the owner, I'm also a

« Reply #1367 on: February 20, 2011, 07:24:48 PM »

Does that mean my replacement tank won't expand like the oroginal? That's what the dealer told me. (07 S2R 1K)
Your dealer lied to you or doesn't know what he's talking about. Your replacement is the same tank as your original.

"If your bike is quiter than mine your a pussy, if it's louder you're an asshole." Monster 1100S
Desert Dust

« Reply #1368 on: February 20, 2011, 07:30:26 PM »

I've only used about three tanks of gas in the replacement tank. Is it too late to coat it?

07 S2R 1K:  "You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”
DucNaked

« Reply #1369 on: February 20, 2011, 07:57:35 PM »

I've only used about three tanks of gas in the replacement tank. Is it too late to coat it?
No it's not to late. I'd pull it off and coat it now.

"If your bike is quiter than mine your a pussy, if it's louder you're an asshole." Monster 1100S
jwoconnor

« Reply #1370 on: February 20, 2011, 08:38:34 PM »

Checked my tank yesterday and I have ripples on both sides. Damn. Mine seems to be purely a cosmetic issue at this point so I suppose I'll have to live with it until it affects the mounting points or leaks?

2007 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2006 S2R1000
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #1371 on: February 20, 2011, 08:39:26 PM »

if it shows no evidence of expansion/deformation, then drain it, wash it out and let it sit for a while to dry (long time) and then coat it.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Desert Dust

« Reply #1372 on: February 20, 2011, 08:49:06 PM »

No it's not to late. I'd pull it off and coat it now.
Thanks  waytogo

DucNaked

« Reply #1373 on: February 21, 2011, 04:53:56 AM »

Thanks  waytogo
Clean it like ducatiz suggests.

thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #1374 on: February 21, 2011, 12:39:32 PM »

just ordered my caswell kit, a friend of mine is letting me borrow his garage for a while to take care of it...

be putting in cf termi's, sending the headers out to be ceramic coated, and putting in a evotech at the same time... i figured since i was doing so much already, might as well just spend a bit more time and take care of the tank too.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
Scissors

« Reply #1375 on: February 22, 2011, 09:23:06 AM »

Initial case management conference rescheduled for March 3rd.
http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/california/candce/5:2010cv05246/234359/36/
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #1376 on: February 22, 2011, 09:29:38 AM »

those are just procedural, there could be a dozen before any actual testimony.

Scissors

« Reply #1377 on: February 22, 2011, 10:39:05 AM »

those are just procedural, there could be a dozen before any actual testimony.

Thus the reason I said "Initial case management conference rescheduled for March 3rd" rather than "OMG!  On March 3rd we're going to get some answerzzz!!!!1!"  lol
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #1378 on: February 22, 2011, 10:46:39 AM »

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:06:36 AM by ducatiz » Logged

factorPlayer

« Reply #1379 on: March 03, 2011, 09:00:11 PM »

Well my replacement tank that is all of 3 months old is swollen up just like the old one - wtf!?

I knew they were the same tanks, but 3 months? come on... 

Oh and I've barely read any of this thread... I guess I should have been more on top of things. 

I took it by the dealer and they took some pics - do you think it will be replaced by Ducati again?

Sucks but that may mean selling the bike if there's no resolution... and the multistrada I was looking at has the same issue too - nice.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: