Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 27, 2024, 10:15:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 695280 times)
GLantern

08 Red 1098, 07 DRZ400S

« Reply #1500 on: June 01, 2011, 01:18:53 PM »

Go ahead and make the claim.  There is no reason they'll deny it at this point.  If it was my bike, I'd wait to see if it leaks as well.  The plaintiff in the lawsuit has a 1098.

Thanks for the info.  Figured I would actually wait since it isnt leaking or harming anything and do it when it gets cold again.

"Just ride and never ever look back"

www.suspectsunlimited.com
Mojo S2R
Wearing a cape offline so that others know I am a

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #1501 on: June 03, 2011, 05:23:34 PM »

Just went in today to have the tank looked at.  The latch wasn't working and I noticed the tank was off the frame on the right side by about half an inch.  I think mine only lasted this long because of the tank cover.  It's a 2007 Black S2R800 which I bought December 2006.  The service department at the dealer took a look at it then had me remove the cover, take some pictures, and fill out some paperwork.  They will call me when it comes in.  I'll let you guys know how long it takes to get it replaced.

calscrazy

« Reply #1502 on: June 03, 2011, 06:33:54 PM »

i was in an accident and my 695 was totalled. i was going to look at an 05 s2r but before i do i have two questions.

1) do they have plastic tanks?
2) how far back will ducati replace them? is it five years and screw you? if so i feel a new yamaha coming on!

home will always be between the red and rio!!!
2007 m695 errr recently passed away
muskrat

« Reply #1503 on: June 03, 2011, 06:57:22 PM »

look for an 06 or older S4 of M900, they have metal tanks. 

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Heath

« Reply #1504 on: June 03, 2011, 11:38:28 PM »

Just went in today to have the tank looked at.  The latch wasn't working and I noticed the tank was off the frame on the right side by about half an inch.  I think mine only lasted this long because of the tank cover.  It's a 2007 Black S2R800 which I bought December 2006.  The service department at the dealer took a look at it then had me remove the cover, take some pictures, and fill out some paperwork.  They will call me when it comes in.  I'll let you guys know how long it takes to get it replaced.
Which dealer?

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
Mojo S2R
Wearing a cape offline so that others know I am a

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #1505 on: June 04, 2011, 12:48:24 PM »

Which dealer?

Good Times Motorsports on Auburn.

WhiteStripe

Monster Addiction

« Reply #1506 on: June 08, 2011, 07:57:28 AM »

My tank has been expanding, but until now has been annoying, but not cosmetic.  This morning i walked into the garage to see two large deformations/bumps.  So bummed out.

Getting to a dealer is going to be a major PITA for me.

I am based in the Waltham, MA area.

Any suggestions on the nearest / most helpful dealer to contact to get in line?

Thanks.
Tim

2006 S2R 1000, Arrow CF exhaust, FatDuc 02, CF open cc with stock pp
Tekneek

« Reply #1507 on: June 09, 2011, 06:08:03 AM »

My '06 S2R800 fell victim to the dreaded expansion issue. I finally got around to getting my tank replaced under warranty last fall right before the bike went into storage. It was a no hassle process with my local shop up here in northeast Ohio. I drained the gas after getting it home and let the bike sit over the winter. Rode it for the month of May but have since removed my new warrantied Ducati tank and have replaced it with a CA Cycleworks track tank which I will soon post some photos/feedback on. Hopefully no more worrying about this crap for me and I have the new, mint Duc tank in case I ever decide to sell my baby (or the tank).
Desert Dust
Ten Most Popular Uses for a

"There's no glamour in Nirvana, no glamour at all"

« Reply #1508 on: June 09, 2011, 09:16:27 AM »

I'm also planning to purchase the CA Cycleworks tank for my S2R when my tank (now the 2nd) gets pregnant. I'm curious to know how you like the Cycleworks tank?

07 S2R 1K:  "You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1509 on: June 09, 2011, 02:13:42 PM »

I'm thinking ETI fuel cell for mine...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1510 on: June 09, 2011, 03:08:08 PM »

My tank has been expanding, but until now has been annoying, but not cosmetic.  This morning i walked into the garage to see two large deformations/bumps.  So bummed out.

Getting to a dealer is going to be a major PITA for me.

I am based in the Waltham, MA area.

Any suggestions on the nearest / most helpful dealer to contact to get in line?

Thanks.
Tim
Nearest is probably Riverside.

Don't know if they'll be helpful or not.

There is always Cycles 128...they took the Eastern Cycles franchise.

Don't know if they'll be helpful either.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Desert Dust

« Reply #1511 on: June 09, 2011, 03:31:04 PM »

I'm thinking ETI fuel cell for mine...
I haven't heard of ETI fuel cells. Where can I find info.?

07 S2R 1K:  "You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1512 on: June 09, 2011, 03:34:52 PM »

I haven't heard of ETI fuel cells. Where can I find info.?

http://www.eti-fuelcel.com/index.html

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #1513 on: June 09, 2011, 05:50:44 PM »

101 page thread on what is likely the single most active ducati web community, and still there is no issue? pff.

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
Desert Dust

« Reply #1514 on: June 09, 2011, 08:59:06 PM »

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: