Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 27, 2024, 08:38:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 695256 times)
rac3r

« Reply #1560 on: June 22, 2011, 07:00:44 AM »

I got this from Ducati UK:

Your Ducati Monster S2R is the first of its kind in which we have seen any deformation in the fuel tank. We do not consider this a manufacturing defect so will not replace under warranty however, we would like to offer a new replacement tank at a heavily subsidised price of £581.91 including VAT.  For your reference a new tank retails at £1163.82 including VAT.  Alternatively we can make a request to all dealerships within the network to enquire about a second hand fuel tank on your behalf.  A second hand fuel tank would also be at your cost and please note so would any labour for any fitment of any replacement tank as well.

H-2 CHARLIE

« Reply #1561 on: June 22, 2011, 08:19:14 AM »

I  would say if china or any one would make a high end tank /even plastic / with carbon overlay they would sell alot of these tanks at a great price .   
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #1562 on: June 22, 2011, 08:34:37 AM »

I got this from Ducati UK:

Well, Ducati UK may have never seen it but it's nonsense.  They know about it.

You need to get in contact with other owners and figure out what you can do.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
rac3r

« Reply #1563 on: June 22, 2011, 10:37:28 AM »

That's the thing, no one else has had the problem here yet except me!  Cry and yeah they definitely know about the problem but didn't really care
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #1564 on: June 22, 2011, 10:47:20 AM »

That's the thing, no one else has had the problem here yet except me!  Cry and yeah they definitely know about the problem but didn't really care

have you looked for others?  i have a thread on the ducatisti uk forum asking if people have seen it but not many replies except interest.

have you been using Ethanol-enriched fuel? 

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
rac3r

« Reply #1565 on: June 22, 2011, 01:39:53 PM »

I have a thread on the UKmonster forum and no one has the problem yet. I bought the bike and only after the mechanic tried to lift the tank (the latch wouldn't open properly) and I read into it I found this thread. Before I bought the bike it had been sat unused for a year so this may be the reason but it hasn't got any worse so far
booger

all your cookie are belong to me

« Reply #1566 on: June 24, 2011, 02:31:31 PM »

FYI to all - I am sending my old '06 S2R800 Dark fuel tank to the ETI fuel cel guy to use as a template to make tanks with. The only deformation it has suffered seems to be the fuel pump flange. That means it's a good specimen for this purpose. It leaks slightly so I cannot in good conscience eBay it Evil. At the very least it could ultimately provide a better alternative to leaky carbon and expanding nylon tanks. The ETI guy doesn't currently make tanks for FI Monsters, because nobody has yet contacted him or sent a tank in for him to copy.
So there it is. Those ETI tanks seem superior in every way to OEM. No warping, much lighter in weight. Probably the only permanent solution to this problem.

And no PITA Caswelling adventurism.

Everybody got a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

2001 M900Sie - sold
2006 S2R1000 - sold
2008 HM1100S - sold
2004 998 FE - $old
2007 S4RT
2007 Vespa LX50 aka "Slowey"
2008 BMW R1200 GSA
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #1567 on: June 24, 2011, 02:40:40 PM »

PM me his info I have another tank if he needs one.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1568 on: June 24, 2011, 04:44:24 PM »

The ETI guy doesn't currently make tanks for FI Monsters, because nobody has yet contacted him or sent a tank in for him to copy.
So there it is. Those ETI tanks seem superior in every way to OEM. No warping, much lighter in weight. Probably the only permanent solution to this problem.

Not only does he make one. I have/had 1 (had to be redone). Make sure you ask him if he ever figured out what went
wrong with the one he did for me (twice). They both had killer paint jobs done by DP that had to be
destroyed.  bang head

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 04:58:14 PM by kopfjäger » Logged

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1569 on: June 24, 2011, 05:18:31 PM »

What was wring with the tanks you got D?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1570 on: June 24, 2011, 05:30:51 PM »

pm

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1571 on: June 24, 2011, 05:34:50 PM »

Waiting...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #1572 on: June 24, 2011, 05:43:48 PM »

What was wring with the tanks you got D?

Yeah, what were the symptoms?

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1573 on: June 24, 2011, 06:03:52 PM »

Already jacked the thread. Pm

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1574 on: June 24, 2011, 06:09:32 PM »

I'll say that it's not too much of a jack, as it's a potential working solution to the expanding tank issue. But hey, that's just me and my beer talking.

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: