Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 27, 2024, 08:39:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 695257 times)
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #1575 on: June 24, 2011, 06:38:53 PM »

Sorry to be a partial source of a potential thread jack.

Back on topic.

I'm on my third tank, probably over 7 months now (I really can't remember) and I think it's starting to swell just a tad up at the latch.

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

booger

all your cookie are belong to me

« Reply #1576 on: June 24, 2011, 06:41:35 PM »

Guy told me a few months back that he didn't do plastic tanked FI Monsters. Steel tank FI yes, and his website attests.

So, I'd like to know what the hell went wrong before I donate the tank and pay to have it shipped to him.

every time kopfjager posts a photo of his bike it's a threadjack  drool

Everybody got a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

2001 M900Sie - sold
2006 S2R1000 - sold
2008 HM1100S - sold
2004 998 FE - $old
2007 S4RT
2007 Vespa LX50 aka "Slowey"
2008 BMW R1200 GSA
jerryz

« Reply #1577 on: June 25, 2011, 04:52:17 AM »

Ducati in UK  refuse to admit there is a problem at all and are saying that owners must pay $2600 for a new tank .......when owners and consumer right people point out the USA Ducati UK say its irrelevant ....lying FXXK*rs
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1578 on: June 25, 2011, 04:57:34 AM »

Guy told me a few months back that he didn't do plastic tanked FI Monsters. Steel tank FI yes, and his website attests.

So, I'd like to know what the hell went wrong before I donate the tank and pay to have it shipped to him.

every time kopfjager posts a photo of his bike it's a threadjack  drool
I'm sure kopf will fill you in if you pm him

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #1579 on: June 25, 2011, 09:16:56 AM »

Ducati in UK  refuse to admit there is a problem at all and are saying that owners must pay $2600 for a new tank .......when owners and consumer right people point out the USA Ducati UK say its irrelevant ....lying FXXK*rs

I would like to think that the reason that DNA has been much more responsive to the issue is because of efforts from people, especially Tiz. If this truly becomes an issue in the UK, you will need to find advocates that donate their precious time. I like that will be much harder than getting Ducati UK to eventually admit that there is a problem.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
J.P.

« Reply #1580 on: June 27, 2011, 03:31:15 PM »

Not the EPA mandated emissions regs that (barely) protects us yanks?
You got more faith in big business than I my brother.

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
rockaduc

« Reply #1581 on: June 28, 2011, 01:58:13 PM »

Just got the call from my dealer.  My second tank is in, i just have to make the appointment.  Took only 1 month from the time they took and submitted photos.

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
Desert Dust
Ten Most Popular Uses for a

"There's no glamour in Nirvana, no glamour at all"

« Reply #1582 on: June 28, 2011, 03:23:37 PM »

I got my first replacement tank in November of 2010. The service manager told me not to coat it because they hadn't had any problems with the replacement tanks. Now my replacement tank has more waves than the Pacific on the sides. This time, the same service manager told me that I might consider a coating for my next replacement tank.

Ever heard of talking out of both sides of your mouth?   Undecided   Roll Eyes

07 S2R 1K:  "You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1583 on: June 28, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »

I got my first replacement tank in November of 2010. The service manager told me not to coat it because they hadn't had any problems with the replacement tanks. Now my replacement tank has more waves than the Pacific on the sides. This time, the same service manager told me that I might consider a coating for my next replacement tank.

Ever heard of talking out of both sides of your mouth?   Undecided   Roll Eyes
Perhaps he's more experienced now....

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Desert Dust

« Reply #1584 on: June 28, 2011, 03:48:08 PM »

I don't think so, because I mentioned Caswells the first time and he said it would cause more problems because of the possibility of chunks floating around. Now Caswells is good? Also, in November, this dealer had already admitted to replacing over 100 tanks. This problem has been going on for years and he should have known what to do by last November.

07 S2R 1K:  "You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1585 on: June 28, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »

I don't think so, because I mentioned Caswells the first time and he said it would cause more problems because of the possibility of chunks floating around. Now Caswells is good? Also, in November, this dealer had already admitted to replacing over 100 tanks. This problem has been going on for years and he should have known what to do by last November.
Why did you listen to him?

There was good info here last November that hasn't changed significantly.

There has since been a report of the Caswell coating not adhering, but this is the internet and no one really knows all the details, and it's the only report I'm aware of.

It just seemed like you were inferring the SM had real knowledge...

I think you give him way too much credit.

perspective

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #1586 on: June 28, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »

My experience with various service managers over my lifetime is that they claim to know far more than they really do.

bingo

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Desert Dust

« Reply #1587 on: June 28, 2011, 08:21:04 PM »

Why did you listen to him?

There was good info here last November that hasn't changed significantly.

There has since been a report of the Caswell coating not adhering, but this is the internet and no one really knows all the details, and it's the only report I'm aware of.

I listened to the service manager beause he is the person who helped me get my tank replaced in the first place. Now that my second tank is swolen I can say I followed his advice. I also expect my dealer to be the expert on this situation. Saying that I took a particular course of action because someone on the DMF told me to doesn't carry much credibility with the dealer.

Betlog

« Reply #1588 on: June 28, 2011, 10:15:58 PM »

With the pending July 22nd decision regarding the Ducati case, is it still a good idea to get the tank looked at by a dealer now?  Mine is not noticeable but it is a pain to latch/unlatch the tank.  Also, the top triple tree hits the tank when I move it to the "lock" position.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1589 on: June 29, 2011, 02:41:21 AM »

I listened to the service manager beause he is the person who helped me get my tank replaced in the first place. Now that my second tank is swolen I can say I followed his advice. I also expect my dealer to be the expert on this situation. Saying that I took a particular course of action because someone on the DMF told me to doesn't carry much credibility with the dealer.
Fair enough, but I don't think there are any 'experts' in this situation...

just a bunch of people, DNA included, looking for a solution to a really bad situation.

perspective

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: