Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 03:09:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monster Emissions Cannister Removal  (Read 53909 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 06:31:52 PM »

So, is  anyone of you look at your spark plug's after you did the modification???

.   Because on a carburated one ...if you take out the PCV system ( the canister) there's less vacuum in the crankcase and the toxic fumes from the "blow-by "of the cylinder cannot be vacuum out of it.

If  you take out the "canister" ,  you take out 4 in Hg of vacuum that the "canister" was doing in the crankcase.  Toxic fumes from the "blow-by" built up in the crankcase and build up pressure in it so all those fumes go back up past the blow-by and return to the combustion chamber ...and there you have it.... bang head spark plugs carbonised by an excess of toxic fumes in combustion chamber.....( so now your must be thinking the carburetor is set on a to rich mixture.... Grin)

I f you do the mod you absolutely need to restore that vacuum by placing a K&N filter at the crankcase vent or the tube that is left there after removing the canister.....

the same principal apply to the airbox don't block the vent!!! no vacuum will be produce...

You know they just don't put those just to make it ugly ...those things have a purpose... chug Wink

You don't understand what this thread is about.  The emissions canister referred to is the "evaporative emissions" charcoal canister which is ONLY present on US-bikes and ONLY added by Ducati to be California legal.  The canister is not used on any Ducati (or any other) motorcycles outside the USA.

This is not in any way related to the PCV.

The thread you want is here : http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=2469.0

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducatigirl100
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2011, 06:35:41 PM »

oups!!!  I fought it was about the "canesterectomy" Undecided waytogo sorry  Wink
 at lest there a lillte bit of information there..lol
d3vi@nt

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2011, 08:01:18 AM »

I can't really tell from the photos, but assuming the 'bulge' is removed with the cannister gone, are there any flat (e.g. non-bulging) side-fairings available for Monsters? It would be nice to have a smooth, flat one like on the left side.

'13 MTS GT
'99 ST2
'07 M695 - Sold
Raux
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2011, 12:34:02 PM »

yes you can buy it from motorwheels
or any european dealer.

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2011, 03:06:06 PM »

yes you can buy it from motorwheels
or any european dealer.

To elucidate, the non-US versions do not have the charcoal canister.  You can order the European part from the catalogue, just specify the European version in the order.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2011, 03:25:10 PM »

To elucidate, the non-US versions do not have the charcoal canister.  You can order the European part from the catalogue, just specify the European version in the order.

thread specifying the euro part here:

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=8630.0

i just ordered one

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
Cortez11

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 11:16:04 AM »

Does anyone have any pictures of the removal process of the emissions cannister?
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 05:07:52 PM »

Does anyone have any pictures of the removal process of the emissions cannister?

it's two or three small bolts to take the canister off and then plug up the nozzles on the manifolds or remove the nozzles and put in screws.

gjscott

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2015, 04:30:46 PM »

I've just performed this on a CA model 2001 Monster 750, and have a question:

What are these grey plastic triangular cans for on both sides of the bike, and is it OK to remove them as part of the emissions junk removal ?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 04:44:06 PM by gjscott » Logged
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2015, 04:38:29 PM »

I've just performed this on a CA model 2001 Monster 750, and have a couple of questions:

1 - What are these grey plastic triangular cans for on both sides of the bike:

2 - What is this aluminum valve type device:

3 - Should all these things also be removed ?

you want to remove the carburetors and fuel pump?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
gjscott

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2015, 04:46:49 PM »

you want to remove the carburetors and fuel pump?

I removed a device that looked a lot like that from my WR450 which was part of the emissions junk, that's why I asked.

Can you can tell me about the two triangular cans ?
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2015, 04:48:28 PM »

I removed a device that looked a lot like that from my WR450 which was part of the emissions junk, that's why I asked.

Can you can tell me about the two triangular cans ?
those are just covers . . .

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
gjscott

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2015, 06:51:47 PM »

those are just covers . . .

They are not covers, they have two what look like breather tubes going into them. You can just see them in the pic, going into the 'tank' on the left side.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 07:00:35 PM by gjscott » Logged
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2015, 07:49:06 PM »

You can remove the plastic pods if you like, run the hoses that go to them where the air is still, like behind the battery box or you might have running problems.  Those lines are from the float bows and above the diaphragms.  The pentagon shaped thingy is your fuel pump.  You need that.
gjscott

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2015, 09:13:03 AM »

You can remove the plastic pods if you like, run the hoses that go to them where the air is still, like behind the battery box or you might have running problems.  Those lines are from the float bows and above the diaphragms. 

Thanks.

The pentagon shaped thingy is your fuel pump.  You need that.

Yes, I investigated the plumbing and discovered that myself.
It must be a vacuum pump?
I'm used to fuel pumps having a 12v electrical supply, that's why I initially assumed it was part of the emissions crap .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: