Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 01:46:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy a new bike?  (Read 1545 times)
Super A.D.D.

« on: June 11, 2009, 11:39:26 AM »

So I have a friend in the Military and he gets back to town this august. He has decided to come over to the dark side and wants one of the new monsters. I say Streetfighter but he has his mind made up...

Anyways he asked about erico and I wasn't too sure how his experience would be since most people have issues with them. Personally I never have but I've never had them do anything but mount a tire.

Where's the place to go these days? Maybe Northern CO?

Mike

P.S. I might be getting a new sched so I will try to bring the immaturity and colorful humor thurs nights. chug
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 12:07:09 PM »

Northern, er, ColoEuro has always been good to me.

I, personally, will not set foot in either Erico or Fay.

Though I have no 1st hand experience, I have heard really good things about both Southern and Very, Very Southern (The one on ABQ)

If he wants to go farther out of state, Transportation Revolution (Ducati New Orleans) is a great shop.

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Desmodromico

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 07:02:42 PM »

I had always disliked Fay's, they lost a sale on my Aprilia years back by being total a$$holes, but I bought my 1098 from them this winter and it wasn't a bad process.  No games and I got a good price, even did my insurance through them and got a much lower rate than Progressive or Geico had quoted. 

I would definitely not recommend Erico, I went in to look at the 1098 and the Triumph Daytona, sales guy was ok but I told him to give me a price on both bikes and he danced around and wanted to play games. Now this was a couple months before the 1198's were hitting so they should have been willing to deal on the 1098's, instead they quoted a $500 discount and said that was the best I would get in town.  I bought my bike and about a month later the sales guy calls back and says he has a 1098 demo they would be willing to knock $1500 off of MSRP, what a deal huh? I got mine at Fay's for the same money brand new including tax....

I promise to ride it more than I stare at it....
Super A.D.D.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 02:07:58 AM »

Well he's currently in GA on a base and would like to get it a couple months after he gets back and settled. Kinda sounds like we'll be going North. Plus that means a longer ride til he gets it home for me.. Grin
Bladecutter

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 08:41:28 AM »

Best thing to do is to go to Erico, and have your friend test ride the bikes that he's interested in, and get a price quote from Erico. Then go to Fay Myers, tell them you just came from Erico, and this is the price to beat (they will, they have been engaged in a price war this year with each other). Once you get their price, call up either Northern or Southern, and see if they are willing to match or beat the Fay price (usually will to get the sale from the Denver stores).

Since Ducati is doing the free first two services with new bikes, you're best bet is to get them to throw in some gear if they will only match the price.

BC.
Manny

'06 MTS 1000ds S - sexier than ever

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 06:27:08 PM »

I've never been impressed with the prices at Northern, but their service, attitude, and selection of bikes are great.

+1 on test-racing Erico's bikes and getting a price and then calling the other shops and saying, "Give me a good reason to drive out there and spend my money with you."

Or, get a good price from the Duc shop in Salt Lake. Not a bad break-in ride...  Grin
Munch

Monster S4R - Munchstrada 1100S - 749R

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 03:43:54 PM »

Buy used.... too many smoking deals on bikes out there to pay even close to retail at a shop...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: