Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 20, 2024, 04:27:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston outlaws exhausts without EPA certification  (Read 14056 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 06:00:42 PM »

Evil

Ducati 916 senna dynojet

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 06:23:24 PM »

Good- I seriously hate stinkin open pipe hogs and squid bikes. The only purpose is a statement of total disregard for fellow citizens. Asshats.
In the cowboy days they would be strung up to teach em a lesson.
Scumbag biker douch bags.

Does that also include Police Harleys where the EPA certification is covered by the luggage?  The many dual sport bikes that have a heat shield over the stamp or the other other legal bikes where the stamp can not be easily viewed?  How about the bike where an EPA approved system system is no longer available?  I guess off to the crusher with that one waytogo  Then again, the bike with the cored stock system is OK, I guess, since it will have the EPA stamp.
J.P.

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2009, 08:52:52 AM »

I just hate open pipes w/o any baffles, that wake my up when the bars close and the slow-ass loosers gotta gas it to out run my POS pick-up. Bastards.
Yea- it's a free country- so I should be able to bust a cap in their case at a stop light- right?
The EPA emissions includes noise ratings too.
Cops don't enforce any db rating regs cause I doubt if they are issued a meter, but most likely the offenders are doctors, attorneys and lawmakers- bunch of wanna-be biker posers. They can go to hell with their cheesy no-back pressure fake pipes. I am mad.
Now a Duc is a different story- I love my Quat-D headers. But I still run mufflers- cause I'm not a dickhead starved for attention.
Chumps.
Where the hell is my blood pressure medicine!?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 08:56:15 AM by J.P. » Logged

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
GregP

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2009, 08:54:31 AM »

I'd gladly run EPA approved pipes if it would kill some of the noise made by the cruiser set.  I think it needs to be enforced on 4 wheeled vehicles as well.

I have a yosh can on my SV and have the decible killer insert.  It's really a commone sense thing IMHO.  Sprtbikes make just as much racket as hogs.

We just dosged a smog requirement in California because everyone chucks there stock exhaust (and catalytic converter in the process) first chance we get.

My SV came with the yosh can so I left it alone.  My last Ducati had the stock cans until she sold.

Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2009, 10:45:02 AM »

I just hate open pipes w/o any baffles, that wake my up when the bars close and the slow-ass loosers gotta gas it to out run my POS pick-up. Bastards.
Yea- it's a free country- so I should be able to bust a cap in their case at a stop light- right?
The EPA emissions includes noise ratings too.

Now a Duc is a different story- I love my Quat-D headers. But I still run mufflers- cause I'm not a dickhead starved for attention.
Chumps.

Are you only allowed to have a cap gun?

How is it different with a loud ass Duc?  Roll Eyes

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
NAKID

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2009, 01:28:05 PM »

But I still run mufflers- cause I'm not a dickhead starved for attention.
Chumps.
Where the hell is my blood pressure medicine!?

So anyone who runs open pipes is a dickhead starved for attention?  Roll Eyes

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2009, 01:48:44 PM »

Whoa, your perception of freedom is COMPLETELY out of line. If freedom means its okay for you to bust a cap in anyones ass, then go live in Afghanistan.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2009, 02:30:01 PM »

Open pipe  vomit

I know my ear is damaged after riding next to a bike with open-pipe.  I just detest the guy now every time I see him and ofcourse he thinks it is a funny. My ear drums shook and I swear I had a headache from it.  I start wearing ear-plugs after that.  It just made my already horrible hearing worse. 

I see hearing-aid in my future  Cry

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
DrDesmo

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2009, 02:31:58 PM »

Open pipe  vomit

I know my ear is damaged after riding next to a bike with open-pipe.  I just detest the guy now every time I see him and ofcourse he thinks it is a funny. My ear drums shook and I swear I had a headache from it.  I start wearing ear-plugs after that.  It just made my already horrible hearing worse. 

I see hearing-aid in my future  Cry

Just an FYI, this isn't about open pipes - it's about any non stock muffler can.  Even if its got dB killers and is quiet, NOPE, try again.

Adam

'95 916
'12 800XC
Porsche Monkey
JuddDdd likes my

The DMFer formerly known as Ducaholic

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2009, 03:24:28 PM »

I'm an asshole with loud pipes not a dickhead

if I had a vagina...I'd never leave the house

lwszabo

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2009, 03:29:24 PM »

i always thought i liked loud pipes, but I really dont like loud just nice sounding. ie termi without db killers, they are just the right sound and loudness. Now drag pies with out baffels on a HD is just insane. Also its a known fact that loud CLUTCHES save lives!!!!!!!
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2009, 03:30:47 PM »

I couldn't find any stats on how many people have been cited in Denver.

Apparently Albuquerque implemented a similar law several years ago, but repealed it.

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
J.P.

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2009, 12:13:18 PM »

Not on the track, but you'd be laughed off it.
Just if they ride by my house, then I'd have to add potato baffels.

J.P.

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2009, 12:26:37 PM »

Whoa, your perception of freedom is COMPLETELY out of line. If freedom means its okay for you to bust a cap in anyones ass, then go live in Afghanistan.

Dear deaf wanna be tom cruise:
I said bust one in their engine case, I'm not a man of violence. Unless one tries to inflict violence on me or my family or my country.
The threshold of pain(causing permanent hearing damage) is 120 db. I don't appreciate it.
If you're into that, maybe you should pick up a Kalashnikov and a harley and go to Afgan.
Damn Weenies.
What?? Whaat?? I can't hear you...
Dig me, I'm a loud-ass biker guy who wears leather.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2009, 12:41:12 PM »

Wow. Somebody piss in your Wheaties, tuff guy?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: