Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 12:29:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: July 09 monthly ride  (Read 2321 times)
M-R-Yellow

900ss_yellow

« on: July 21, 2009, 05:16:38 AM »

Since we haven't ridden as a group in awhile I thought it would be good to get back out on the roads. 

Sunday July 26th  - Destination Salida

Meet at Montague's at 9am

Route and location for lunch is up for discussion.
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 01:07:10 PM »

I'm going to make this one even if I have to go straight from work to do it.   [moto]

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
lytehouse

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 06:52:12 PM »

well....this weekend just happens to be our daughters birthday, so J_Slyter & I won't be able to make it on Sunday Cry

but ya'll have a safe & fun ride   
duchristy

'02 M750 Senna with "character"

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 08:37:39 AM »

Should be a fun group going on the ride based on the replies I've received (not necessary to reply though, just show up with a full tank of gas.)  I'll meet you all for coffee and some friends are going to take my bike so that it doesn't feel so lonely in the garage all by itself.  Maybe we'll convince them to get a Duc one of these days instead of the Honda they have.   Grin
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 02:31:38 PM »

That was a beautiful route we took today.  I plan to do that one many more times.  It's the perfect length for a ride before work. The section between Flourissant and the Hwy 50 junction was very cool.  Too bad that camper, trailer and truck held us back for half of the good stuff.  I made it to work in time.  Hope the rest of the ride out to Salida and back was fun-filled for everyone.   waytogo

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
M-R-Yellow

900ss_yellow

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 07:07:41 AM »

After a slow start....I was a bit tardy due to outfitting our friends with Christy's bike...It turned out to be a nice ride. A bit wet on the return trip, but a good ride nonetheless.
The group was small but manageable when we came up on some traffic.  Pete Pino on his 907, Bruce (new member) on his '95 900 CR, Bonfy on her monster (minus lance), Phil on his 900ss, Karla and Bill on the borrowed monster 750, and of course my yellow 900ss.  Christy decided she couldn't miss out, and followed in the subaru.

We took hwy 24 though Divide and headed toward cripple creek at Florisant before turning off towards Guffey. While we could have taken high park road, we ended up going through Guffey since I haven't been that way before.  Down hwy 9 and then off towards Salida. Great weather on the first leg, although the state patrol and slow cages did slow us up a bit. Here's a shout to the two BMW's which tipped us off to the speed trap at Texas Creek.

In Salida we took in nourishment at the 1st street cafe and I think everyone enjoyed the meal.  While pleasant to have a window seat it was slightly discourageing to witness the building clouds which would dampen the spirits on the return trip.  So, off to the east it didn't look very pleasant and handy web phones indicated some weather already dousing hwy 115.  The west didn't look great but, better than the east.

We headed out west and took 285 to 24 for the return.  We managed to skirt the eastern edge of the storms building on the divide, but the trip across south park was a consistent drizzle with pockets of some descent rain. No major down pours. We did manage to roll into town after the main rain storm had already passed through the springs so kudos to Bruce for reccomending the back route.

The first 135 miles were great, in the last 125 the Duc's got to play in the rain.

Thanks to everyone that came out. I hope everyone had a good time and can dry out before the next ride.
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 08:08:53 AM »

Shannon and I planned to attend, but it was raining in Canon City at 7:00 am, and having drown already on Saturday coming back from Springs, I really wasn't into it. Have had some severe thunderstorms here lately, lots of gravel and debris on the roads. Anyone travelling thru should be very careful. Well I'm headed to Alamoosa for the week, Oh Joy.......

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
duchristy

'02 M750 Senna with "character"

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 10:11:54 AM »

For some reason I can't get the pictures to stay working on this, but here's a link to them.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=95132&id=637842648&l=2170323085
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:40:34 AM by duchristy » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: