Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 03:54:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: downshift-clutch out-downshift-clutch out - stall......  (Read 1480 times)
tangueroHondo

« on: May 20, 2008, 10:09:23 PM »

Equipment:
05 S2r / 3.5k mi on clock / Motul 20W50 in the crankcase / new Iridium plugs / Acid yellow tank and cowl / a few scratches here and there / full tank of fuel / starts, idles and runs perfectly.

Scneario:
Engine oil at about 200F.  Coming up to a stop - downshift to 3rd - clutch out - rpms fall off - downshift to 2nd - clutch out - rpms fall off - downshift to 1st - stalls.  Not every time, not most times, just some times.

Why?
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 01:51:49 AM »

If the stalling only happens when downshifting to first you may have a problem with clutch drag, in other words, incomplete clutch release.  Does the bike also want to move forward in first with the clutch disengaged?
tangueroHondo

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 08:57:46 AM »

When cold, yes.  I've read numerous other posts where this is the case, so i figured this was the nature of the S2r beast.  maybe  let out the clutch lever pin, where it contacts the master?  I bled it about three months ago.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 09:45:02 AM by tangueroHondo » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: