Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 16, 2024, 08:15:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some help/advice  (Read 5058 times)
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« on: May 21, 2008, 08:00:15 AM »

My 2005 Kia is peeling it's own paint.

It really pisses me off, because it looks like it bubbled, not like it was scratched off or sustained any damage to do so.

Does anyone know how to touch up paint on a car? It's just on the driver's side mirror so far.

Darkhorse den mother
NEIKOS
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 08:06:06 AM »

The more urgent question(s) are:

Was there a recall?
Is there history of this happening?
Will Kia do it for customer good will?

Try to get them to "fix" it first before you try anything on your own.
Betty Rage

hater

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 08:13:20 AM »

There is no recall, unfortunately. I'm reading that a bunch of people are having this issue but it hasn't been acknowledged yet.

Kia MAY do it, but when I worked for GM doing goodwill for customers, our criteria was:

1. How many GM vehicles has the customer owned in his/her life?
2. Has the customer taken the vehicle to a GM dealer for all his/her maintenance?
3. Is the customer the original owner of the vehicle?
4. How many miles does the vehicle have?

Pretty much all of these guidelines would count me out for goodwill, but it may be worth a call anyway just to see.

Darkhorse den mother
NEIKOS
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 08:33:15 AM »

It's always worth a try  Wink

In the instance of paint peeling I would hope that miles driven would have no impact on the decision . . . or does wind resistance weaken paint  Tongue
Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 08:35:07 AM »

Its

a

KIA.

nuff said.

Maurice Miller
2009 OMRRA Rider Representative

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -
Noel Communications, Inc. , 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction , KBC Helmets , EDR Performance , Cascade Tracktime , GP Suspension North , KFG Dunlop LLC , LP Privateer , Dainese , AMS Oil

| 2006 Ducati 749S (street) | 2004 Suzuki SV650S (race) | 2002 Aprilia Mille (race) |
Betty Rage

hater

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 08:37:42 AM »

Its

a

KIA.

nuff said.

Bah.

Darkhorse den mother
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 09:18:28 AM »

Trade it in for a cycle with a side car for the bun in the oven.  waytogo

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
NEIKOS
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 09:36:26 AM »

Yah!  A Urrrrallllll!  Grin
scott_araujo

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 09:49:39 AM »

Its

a

KIA.

nuff said.

I'm with Mo, these Asian cars are all junk.  Just this week the transmission in my Honda Civic started making all this racket.  I'm going to take it in but I'm sure they're going to give me the whole runaround with things like, "It's 12 years old, it's got 183,000 miles, it's the original clutch".  People just don't stand behind their products any more.

On the serious side, KIA and Hyundai have been making great strides in quality and customer satisfaction.  Contact them and see what they say.  You might mention that you really love the car and you're so sorry to see this happening to it.

Scott
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 09:52:50 AM by scott_araujo » Logged
phlipmode

I like turtles

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 11:06:52 AM »

I work at a body shop...Touch up is easy, but what needs to be done would depend on the type of damage to the mirror.  I can look at it for you if you'd like. Lemme know.
 Wink
desmosome

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 11:57:33 AM »

Prolly caused from those extreme temperatures we had...   Angry

duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 01:15:21 PM »

The clearcoat on my 1986 Volkswagen GTi started bubbling and peeling...    after it was over 18 years old.

Sorry Neenja... I'd ask the dealer or mfr **nicely** if they can do anything about it.  Be kind and perhaps even flattering.  Being nice goes a long way to getting above-and-beyond customer service.  Wink

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
Doctor Woodrow
They took away my avatar so here are some chicks with guns, at least the mods can't take away my

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 01:29:27 PM »

The clearcoat on my 1986 Volkswagen GTi started bubbling and peeling...    after it was over 18 years old.

Sorry Neenja... I'd ask the dealer or mfr **nicely** if they can do anything about it.  Be kind and perhaps even flattering.  Being nice goes a long way to getting above-and-beyond customer service.  Wink

Plus if you go in to the dealership they will see that you are cute and pregnant.

The Doc

2005 620 Dark "Zerafina", High mount Termi's, Cyclecat rearsets and clipons. Axio "Repsol" Hardpack backpack. Some of us put the 'Damn' in Crash Damnage.
JohnnyDucati

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 05:10:33 PM »

Plus if you go in to the dealership they will see that you are cute and pregnant.

The Doc

Yes.  And, if you start to cry, they are likely to give you a new car!  Well, maybe not a new car, but I'll bet they will paint it for you, at least.

Do not underestimate the power of a woman in your condition wields.  I mean yields.  weelds.  wealds.  wieulds. weiulds. yeulds. yodels. woelds. Ah, whatever.  You know what I mean.  (shoot - wish Dmf had spell check!). 
Bendy

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 07:18:40 PM »

Body damage and shitty paint add character! Shoot, if it's just on the mirror cowling, maybe they can just throw another one of those on. Better yet, park on the road a little further from the curb with the bad mirror sticking out and maybe insurance will buy a new one when someone drives by and smashes it?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: