Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 01, 2024, 03:14:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another Monster project(updated 7/26)  (Read 50518 times)
Raux
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2010, 07:34:57 AM »

http://www.pjengineering.co.uk/products.asp?cat=8

if you want to build your own
Ducatl

« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2010, 03:02:48 PM »

Had some time to weld everything so it's all put together, I sprayed some red powder on it to get a feel for how it would look.  The bike will be red but I haven't found the red I'm looking for yet, it'll be something close to the color that powder is when it's dry. I decided to MIG the tubes and match the factory styling so they looked like OE ...aaannndd it was also less time consuming. That said, I've started construction on my own large PC oven, 6'x3'x3', so it'll be large enough for anything moto-related. 

I'm really tempted to remove some of the plate gusseting for the shock mount area and add a tube to the open side of the plate. That's the only part of the frame that still really bothers me but after all of the damn sanding and filing for the frame caps I'm not sure I want to tackle the job,  Hopefully I'll do it by the time it's ready to PC.
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2010, 04:35:42 PM »

As far as the wiring goes:

I actually put tabs on the inside of my frame tubes on my CR in it's first re-build many years ago.  I hated it!  It looked too...planned.  On a Monster, there's enough engine tabs and wiring loom to put everything out of sight w/o adding to the frame so that you can attach wires to it.

W/regard to running the wiring INSIDE the frame:  I'm sure it can be done...but why?!?  A carbed Monster is easy enough to hide wires on out of plain sight inside the frame w/o weakening the frame to run the wires out into visible sight just so you can route them inside the tubing.

The above is my opinion based on my direct experiences.  Thank you and go buy me some tacos & beer.   please?  Cool

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Ducatl

« Reply #153 on: July 26, 2010, 12:05:11 PM »

Came across another AL swinger at a crazy price and had to scoop it up, They'll both clean up nicely.

frame is ready for PC at this point so the only thing holding me back now is the completion of the oven.  Hopefully soon Grin
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:07:17 PM by Ducatl » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: