Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 26, 2024, 11:29:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F***ING FEDEX!!!  (Read 20893 times)
NAKID

« on: August 03, 2009, 11:53:53 AM »

I don't know what's with the delivery drivers in this area, but for the third time in several months, a FEDEX driver claims he attempted to deliver a package and just left a door tag.

My wife was in the living room (<30ft from the door) when he "claims" he attempted delivery. The doorbell works and she can hear a normal knock from outside.
I had some new uniforms shipped (paid extra to get them by today). When my wife went to throw something away, she found the tag on the door. I called the dispatcher and let them know, they said they would have the driver call me within 15 mins to let me know if he could re-deliver it today. An hour later I call them back to find out what the problem is. They leave a message while I'm talking to another rep letting me know the driver is too busy to re-deliver.
Needless to say, I call them back and let them have it. They take the complaint report and tell me that's all they can do, sorry. I ask to speak to a manager and they connect me with the manager at the dispatch station responsible for my delivery (30 miles away). This person tells me they will credit me the shipping charge and find a way to get me the package today.

I HATE FEDEX! If there was another shipping option from anyone I buy from, I would select it.

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

still wearing the tin foil hat

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 11:56:45 AM »

FedEx - 30% less boot marks than UPS

you could just have a shitty driver too.
if you complain about him more than once something will happen. you just have to actually make the call.

Life, alas is very drear. Up with the glass and down with the beer!
Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

now with clavicle of steel (stainless) wrist o' steel (11/2011)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 12:11:28 PM »

Lips Sealed

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Vindingo

02' 620 Dirty

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 12:17:40 PM »

Same EXACT thing happend to me!  I also left a large note on the door reading "FEDEX PLEASE LEAVE ON DOORSTEP"  then I signed the note...  They left a door tag.  I also had the person sending the package to specifically check the "no signature needed" box

I called later that night so see where I could pick up the package-

me: What are the hours at the South San Francisco location?
operator:  Oh, it's closed
me: That's great, but I asked you what the hours are...
op: I don't know.
me: could you please ask someone?
op: they are all busy
me: I am willing to hold on... Is there anyone else I can speak with?
op: No
me: Can I speak with your manager?
CLICK!  
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 12:26:47 PM »

FedEx - 28% less boot marks than UPS

you could just have a shitty driver too.
if you complain about him more than once something will happen. you just have to actually make the call.

Fixed it for you. Grin

You're most likely right about the driver.

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
cyrus buelton

aka JuddDDDdd

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 12:56:59 PM »

I hate FEDEX.

I only use UPS.

No Longer the most hated DMF Member.

By joining others Hate Clubs, it boosts my self-esteem.

1999 M750 (joint ownership)
2004 S4r (mineeee)
2008 KLR650 (wifey's bike, but I steal it)
redxblack

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 01:10:10 PM »

I use US Mail whenever possible. Both of those freebooters kinda suck and cost a lot more.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 02:02:48 PM »

I use US Mail whenever possible. Both of those freebooters kinda suck and cost a lot more.

+11ty billion.

USPS is the best. Then comes fedex, UPS can suck my balls. they've stolen more shit than a crack head.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
NAKID

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 02:07:32 PM »

Same here. It just sux that sometimes I don't have the option to choose who the shipper uses.

This is actually the third time I have complained of this exact same thing. Apparently the guy who claims he attempted to deliver it today is the regular driver for the area. I wonder how many undelivered packages this guy takes back to the dispatch location.

When I got to the location today, the manager had set my package right behind the desk and told the clerk that I would be coming in to pick it up. When I told the clerk why I was there to pick it up, she said "Oh, she said she'd be reprimanding the driver".

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
sno_duc

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 03:00:55 PM »

Anchorage is a major air freight hub, given the number of Fedex / UPS 747's every nite, one would think rates to Alaska would be reasonable, but no bang head bang head.
We use USPS every chance we get. waytogo

A conclusion is the place you got tired of thinking
mstevens
Monsterless

No Monster of my own, but my wife has an '09 696

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 03:08:46 PM »

My UPS and FedEx drivers are both patients of mine. They'll leave packages in my barn for me if needed. The postmistress in our town will phone up to see if someone's home before attempting delivery.

There are disadvantages to living in a small town, but there are benefits as well!

2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring (Rosso Anniversary Ducati)
2009 Ducati Monster 696 (Giallo Ducati) - Sold
2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Rosso Anniversary Ducati) - Sold
2005 Vespa LX-150 (Rosso Dragone) - First Bike Ever

Casa Suzana, vacation rental house in Cozumel, Mexico
superjohn

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 03:21:05 PM »

I've had the same thing happen with FedEx. I think it was my QD ex-box actually. And my RAZR. And my iPhone. Basically, Fed Ex sucks.

UPS has generally been good to me, but I try not to look at their tracking page since it inevitably shows my package sitting in a warehouse for 3 days, 40 miles from my house so they don't have to deliver any faster than necessary.

USPS has been the most consistent. Only had one issue in the last couple years. They also managed to get an international package to its destination in 2 days when the other 2 services either couldn't do the delivery, or couldn't do it within a week.
rockaduc

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 03:26:07 PM »

+11ty billion.

USPS is the best. Then comes fedex, UPS can suck my balls. they've stolen more shit than a crack head.

AMEN to that brotha!!!

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
erkishhorde

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 03:33:10 PM »

One of FedEx's shipment methods is actually USPS. It's really lame. I ordered something and stayed home expecting Fedex to drop off the package. Then when I went to check my mail at the end of the day, USPS had dropped off the package in my mailbox but it said FedEx on it.  Roll Eyes

ErkZ NOT in SLO w/ his '95 m900!
The end is in sight! Gotta buckle down and get to work!
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 03:35:32 PM »

One of FedEx's shipment methods is actually USPS. It's really lame. I ordered something and stayed home expecting Fedex to drop off the package. Then when I went to check my mail at the end of the day, USPS had dropped off the package in my mailbox but it said FedEx on it.  Roll Eyes
It's actually the other way around.

Fed-Ex carries USPS stuff between major cities...

and delivers to the delivering PO.

Your carrier brings it to your house.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: