Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 27, 2024, 01:25:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F***ING FEDEX!!!  (Read 20943 times)
elyk

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 03:55:02 PM »

iv learned to use nothing but USPS and Canada post living in Canada. If i miss the delivery (which i always do), they will leave my package at a post office 5 minutes from my house. and without a $150 brokerage fee on an item like UPS does bang head
erkishhorde

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 03:55:15 PM »

It's actually the other way around.

Fed-Ex carries USPS stuff between major cities...

and delivers to the delivering PO.

Your carrier brings it to your house.

Really? Odd... The day that I had that happen I checked online before I checked my mail and it said that my package had been delivered so I called FedEx and they told it to me the way I had it and told me to check my mail. When you say "Your carrier" who do you mean? FedEx, USPS, or whoever you thought you were sending your package with?

ErkZ NOT in SLO w/ his '95 m900!
The end is in sight! Gotta buckle down and get to work!
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 04:04:34 PM »

Really? Odd... The day that I had that happen I checked online before I checked my mail and it said that my package had been delivered so I called FedEx and they told it to me the way I had it and told me to check my mail. When you say "Your carrier" who do you mean? FedEx, USPS, or whoever you thought you were sending your package with?
Your USPS mail carrier.

I've sent stuff overseas via USPS and have had to fill out Fed-Ex forms.

Maybe it's really all one big company.... Evil

Hats here...

get your tinfoil hats. laughingdp

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 04:48:51 PM »

Here is how it works. USPS does not have any airplanes. They basically pack all the shipments in any flight they have available, specifically UPS and FedEx planes. They also put stuff on regular carrier airplanes.

UPS can also suck my sweaty nut sack! They suck the most by far. It's been rare that I've had issues with USPS and they are usually cheapest, so it's a no brainer. Other than that I will choose FedEx over UPS any day. If you complain, they will move the driver onto a different route. You can also lie and say that he was inappropriate with your wife. That will work every time.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
redxblack

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 05:46:52 PM »

UPS can be pretty vicious towards their drivers. I befriended a UPS driver when I worked on the docks. He told me horror stories of UPS suits (and their wives) driving around to bust them for uniform violations. My buddy got written up because he didn't have UPS uniform socks - he was wearing plain brown ones instead. Write-ups impact promotion and pay raises.

It's good to see so much love for the old USPS. Canada Post, on the other hand, can bite me. They're probably GREAT within Canada, but getting parcels across the border is like smuggling microfilm past the Berlin Wall.
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

still wearing the tin foil hat

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 06:21:57 PM »

Your USPS mail carrier.

I've sent stuff overseas via USPS and have had to fill out Fed-Ex forms.

Maybe it's really all one big company.... Evil

Hats here...

get your tinfoil hats. laughingdp

fedex ground (formerly RPS) has shipped a few things USPS. UPS ground does the same thing.
it's cheaper and less time consuming than sending out a driver to someone's house for small packages that don't require a signature.

my fedex uniforms always came UPS. at my station we would get stuff from the post office every now and then. i think DHL was the shipper for our scanners too. it was hilarious to see customers pull up and see the UPS or DHL van.

Life, alas is very drear. Up with the glass and down with the beer!
Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

now with clavicle of steel (stainless) wrist o' steel (11/2011)
Dannyboy

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 03:01:55 AM »

UPS can be pretty vicious towards their drivers. I befriended a UPS driver when I worked on the docks. He told me horror stories of UPS suits (and their wives) driving around to bust them for uniform violations. My buddy got written up because he didn't have UPS uniform socks - he was wearing plain brown ones instead. Write-ups impact promotion and pay raises.
Why is it wrong to make sure your employees are doing what they're supposed to in the uniform they are supposed to wear?

As for write-ups, they don't affect anything unless you have big ass folder full of them.  UPS is union, it's almost impossible to fire drivers and they get raises every year just for being there.

I worked at UPS for 7 years, most of it in management.  There is nothing worse than having some scumbag work for you and not being able to do anything about it because of the union.  Like most things, get rid of the union and the company would be much better off.
redxblack

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 04:19:18 AM »

There's a lot of political content in your post that I'd take exception to, but I'll just say I strongly disagree rather than threadjack.

It's wrong to chase drivers looking for reasons to punish them. Dave was in uniform, but he didn't have the $19 UPS socks. It wasn't his boss that "found him out", but his boss's wife who made a habit of being a uniform police person. He had the exact same color socks, but without the UPS logo on them. He was on a package truck, but wanted to drive the big rigs. He felt he was punished not for being out of uniform, but for not buying overpriced socks from the company. That was a scumbag move.
Dannyboy

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 04:59:52 AM »

There's a lot of political content in your post that I'd take exception to, but I'll just say I strongly disagree rather than threadjack.

It's wrong to chase drivers looking for reasons to punish them. Dave was in uniform, but he didn't have the $19 UPS socks. It wasn't his boss that "found him out", but his boss's wife who made a habit of being a uniform police person. He had the exact same color socks, but without the UPS logo on them. He was on a package truck, but wanted to drive the big rigs. He felt he was punished not for being out of uniform, but for not buying overpriced socks from the company. That was a scumbag move.

They don't chase them looking for reasons to punish them.  They do go out to check that drivers are following the proper procedures (i.e. not driving with bulkhead doors open).  Even if it's someone not from UPS calling the center to say that a driver did this or that.  I worked in South Jersey near the beach.  Lots of UPS management have homes on the islands.  I told my guys that there were people out there that look for stuff like that and that they needed to make sure they were doing the right thing.  I can't imagine there weren't other supervisors out there that did the same.  If they happen to catch someone doing something wrong, well, then maybe that guy should have been doing the job that he gets paid really well to do a little bit better.  In the military, if you're out of uniform you get shit for it.  Why should a company like UPS, whose brown uniform is a huge part of the company, be any different?  If people don't like it, they're always free to find alternate employment. 

PS  I'm not really sure how not liking unions is political.  It's purely business, as far as I'm concerned.

Edit:  To get this back on topic, other than complaining to the local center, I'm not sure what else you can do.  Unlike UPS, FedEx is mostly non-union and their drivers are largely independent contractors that own their own trucks and to some extent, the route as well.  This also plays a part in whether or not a driver will leave a package.  He's directly responsible for that package and if the neighborhood isn't so great, he ain't leaving it. 

I'm not sure what options are open to the company as far as disciplining a driver.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 05:17:46 AM by Dannyboy » Logged
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

still wearing the tin foil hat

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 06:09:13 AM »

Edit:  To get this back on topic, other than complaining to the local center, I'm not sure what else you can do.  Unlike UPS, FedEx is mostly non-union and their drivers are largely independent contractors that own their own trucks and to some extent, the route as well.  This also plays a part in whether or not a driver will leave a package.  He's directly responsible for that package and if the neighborhood isn't so great, he ain't leaving it. 

I'm not sure what options are open to the company as far as disciplining a driver.

only fed ex ground(green) drivers own their trucks. express(purple) owns it's fleet and employs drivers.

Life, alas is very drear. Up with the glass and down with the beer!
Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

now with clavicle of steel (stainless) wrist o' steel (11/2011)
redxblack

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 06:14:08 AM »

Because it was socks. That's why it was ridiculous. It wasn't safety, it wasn't some kind of individualistic flair, it was a bored wife of a manager taking it upon herself to look for infractions. Of ALL the people I dealt w/ from UPS when I managed the docks, he was by far the most professional, competent and timely driver we had from ANY line. Yet his supervisor was proactively looking for reasons to punish rather than evaluating his record of performance. That's shitty.

And slamming unions IS a political statement.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 06:41:18 AM »

Give it up guys. No one wants to be banned because of this stupid thread.

Anyway, I see what Dannyboy is saying. I think it's better to take it back than to leave it in a not so good neighborhood, but Nakid's point is that his wife was at home and the driver did not even try to ring the the bell or knock. I'll be the first one to admit that I get lost in my work and never hear them at the door, but at least the guy knocks. I usually don't have a problem with the delivery guy except when one of them was hitting on my wife. I definitely took exception to that.

cyrus buelton

aka JuddDDDdd

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 06:45:05 AM »

I have shipped >4,000 packages in the past 2 years (just checked my log) via UPS. Locations include all over the US.

Never had a lost or damaged package.

No Longer the most hated DMF Member.

By joining others Hate Clubs, it boosts my self-esteem.

1999 M750 (joint ownership)
2004 S4r (mineeee)
2008 KLR650 (wifey's bike, but I steal it)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 06:50:19 AM »

Lucky you. I've had at least 3 lost packages in a lot less shipping.

Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 07:11:56 AM »

Anchorage is a major air freight hub, given the number of Fedex / UPS 747's every nite, one would think rates to Alaska would be reasonable, but no bang head bang head.
We use USPS every chance we get. waytogo
Those long over the ocean flights often have to account for monthes spent on islands talking to volleyballs..... really jacks the price up.  laughingdp

And slamming unions IS a political statement.
Actually it's not. He's correct it's a business statement, the fact that the unions love involving themselves in politics and coercing their members into voting one way or another does not make them political organizations. They're first and foremost "cause" is to negociate unreasonable better contracts for labor from management. No politics there is there?

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: