Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 27, 2024, 01:25:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F***ING FEDEX!!!  (Read 20942 times)
GAAN
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2009, 09:28:19 PM »

Lets get back to the seriousness of this issue about socks

Prior to the ambulance company i work for now

I worked for another ambulance company...we will call them by their reputation name of Comedy ambulance

part of the required uniform was

at least 8" black leather boot

khaki pants without a rolled cuff that extended to the ankle bone when sitting

and

brown socks

and yes management would make you pull up your pants and remove your boot to see if your socks were brown

Roll Eyes
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2009, 10:12:06 PM »

My only point involving the uniform is this...
During the hiring process you are informed of any dress code/uniform code. You agree to that or not. Free will baby, if you're all together sick of being forced to wear sleeves get a job at OCC, if it's cleanliness that bothers you, go lay sod. RXB's friend knew and understood the dress code. He decided he'd rather risk an infraction than pay extra for the socks. Just as we risk a ticket when we speed. Often times we aren't caught, it doesn't mean we weren't breaking the rules. Yes even if it was just by a couple of mph.

His friend is not the victim here, his friend made an informed decision. He lost a gamble, it doesn't surprise me that RXB would feel his friend was victimized though, most labor sympathizers tend to feel they are victims in a world they cannot control without the power of numbers. They fail to see that they are willfully employed and capable of changing there lot when and as they wish. No vote needed.

There now you really got me on my soap box.  Kiss

Dammit Statler, sorry I did it again, I was trying to ignore the pokes but it's no bueno. Delete it if you must, I don't care. I said and feel better.  Tongue
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 10:14:05 PM by Scottish » Logged

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
GAAN
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2009, 02:19:46 AM »

My only point involving the uniform is this...
During the hiring process you are informed of any dress code/uniform code. You agree to that or not. Free will baby, if you're all together sick of being forced to wear sleeves get a job at OCC, if it's cleanliness that bothers you, go lay sod. RXB's friend knew and understood the dress code. He decided he'd rather risk an infraction than pay extra for the socks. Just as we risk a ticket when we speed. Often times we aren't caught, it doesn't mean we weren't breaking the rules. Yes even if it was just by a couple of mph.

His friend is not the victim here, his friend made an informed decision. He lost a gamble, it doesn't surprise me that RXB would feel his friend was victimized though, most labor sympathizers tend to feel they are victims in a world they cannot control without the power of numbers. They fail to see that they are willfully employed and capable of changing there lot when and as they wish. No vote needed.

There now you really got me on my soap box.  Kiss

Dammit Statler, sorry I did it again, I was trying to ignore the pokes but it's no bueno. Delete it if you must, I don't care. I said and feel better.  Tongue

interesting point of view

it sounds to me like you have had some extensive experience in the realm of taking responsibility for something you royally fouled up

I find it inspiring...seriously I do

but

I doubt I could ever take on such a black and white outlook 

what it comes down to is neither side

Labor or management need to do what they do on a regular basis to make the beast with two backs each other over

it is a huge waste of everyone's time

an officail write up for a uniform infraction is as ridiculous as it can get

a proper leader would get his crew the proper gear and have a talk later

see if it was an act of defiance or if there was an underlying financial issue and maybe loan the guy a couple hunskies

unfortunately most managers and most employees look at the work place as an us vs. them environment

it is unfortunate for everyone involved
NAKID

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2009, 03:26:12 AM »

I have better pics of her.  Smiley

Type in UPS Girl into google images with the safe search off. You will not be disappointed...

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
Scottish
Balls!

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2009, 04:50:02 AM »

interesting point of view

it sounds to me like you have had some extensive experience in the realm of taking responsibility for something you royally fouled up

I find it inspiring...seriously I do

but

I doubt I could ever take on such a black and white outlook 

what it comes down to is neither side

Labor or management need to do what they do on a regular basis to make the beast with two backs each other over

it is a huge waste of everyone's time

an officail write up for a uniform infraction is as ridiculous as it can get

a proper leader would get his crew the proper gear and have a talk later

see if it was an act of defiance or if there was an underlying financial issue and maybe loan the guy a couple hunskies

unfortunately most managers and most employees look at the work place as an us vs. them environment

it is unfortunate for everyone involved
Ah, now I do agree with that. Just as an LEO who gives out a ticket for 3mph over is definitely being a "dick". In the grand scheme of things there are more important things that one could concern ones self with. But by the letter there is a break of the rules.

And you're are spot on about a good manager/supervisor finding better ways of motivating his people to work within the system. But again free will and all, if your work experience is that without benefits... change it. Unfortunately there are a lot of people in this world whom with just the merest trifling of power become complete asses. The thing those under them have to weigh is "is the compensation worth my time and my effort". Having the courage to stand on the decision you make is the hard part.

BTW you'd have to be more sspecific when referring to a time I've had to except responsiblity for royally make the beast with two backsing up. It's happened more than a  couple times.  Wink If you've ever been self-employed, you'll find the truely "the buck stops here" because no else cares about excuses.
Type in UPS Girl into google images with the safe search off. You will not be disappointed...
Ew, on closer inspection that girl got hit with the ugly stick.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 04:59:30 AM by Scottish » Logged

cyrus buelton

aka JuddDDDdd

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2009, 05:27:41 AM »

the guy was out of uniform and got written up.

what's the problem?

don't want to buy the UPS logo socks?

find another place of employment.

No Longer the most hated DMF Member.

By joining others Hate Clubs, it boosts my self-esteem.

1999 M750 (joint ownership)
2004 S4r (mineeee)
2008 KLR650 (wifey's bike, but I steal it)
redxblack

« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2009, 06:35:56 AM »

If you guys want to keep talking about socks (for whatever reason), maybe look into the reason why lots of UPS guys have issues. The uniforms are provided (through negotiation), but the socks are not and they're only available from UPS. They're $26 for 6 pairs and they last less than 2 months. Brown socks from Wal-Mart last these guys 6-8 months and cost about a dollar a pair. By the contract, UPS is supposed to provide all required uniforms. The socks are required, but they are not provided. The only socks are absolutely inferior. Some guys have sewn the tops of UPS socks onto other socks. Still a uniform violation, but this makes them last longer.

The speeding ticket isn't an apt comparison because purchasing socks has no external effect on others whereas speeding does. No one has EVER died or accidentally killed someone else due to wearing the wrong socks. This isn't really even about socks. This is about a crap company treating their most key asset (the people who have direct contact with the customer) like crap. It's AN example, not the only example.

Scottish
Balls!

« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2009, 06:45:24 AM »

If you guys want to keep talking about socks (for whatever reason), maybe look into the reason why lots of UPS guys have issues. The uniforms are provided (through negotiation), but the socks are not and they're only available from UPS. They're $26 for 6 pairs and they last less than 2 months. Brown socks from Wal-Mart last these guys 6-8 months and cost about a dollar a pair. By the contract, UPS is supposed to provide all required uniforms. The socks are required, but they are not provided. The only socks are absolutely inferior. Some guys have sewn the tops of UPS socks onto other socks. Still a uniform violation, but this makes them last longer.

The speeding ticket isn't an apt comparison because purchasing socks has no external effect on others whereas speeding does. No one has EVER died or accidentally killed someone else due to wearing the wrong socks. This isn't really even about socks. This is about a crap company treating their most key asset (the people who have direct contact with the customer) like crap. It's AN example, not the only example.

It's their company they can run it and treat their empployees anyway they choose. They choose to treat them badly and thus get shitty employees. Resulting in the reviews they've had within this thread. It's called a free market. Everything has a cause and effect.
FTR $26 for 6 paris NOT a bad price. And BS on Walmart socks lasting 6 monthes. I'm in a job where I move all day long no sitting, Walmart socks (the cheap ones) are shit, they don't last 3 monthes. Socks I've found are one of those items that you get what you pay for.
BTW if the UPS guys were smart they'd realize that part of their uniform that they have to pay for out of pocket is a tax deduction.

The ticket is a fine analogy if you leave it at the level of fines and punishment.

krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2009, 06:54:37 AM »

This thread is getting funnier by the minute.  Grin

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
erkishhorde

« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2009, 06:55:09 AM »

Bah, you guys are no fun.

ErkZ NOT in SLO w/ his '95 m900!
The end is in sight! Gotta buckle down and get to work!
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2009, 07:02:00 AM »

This thread is getting funnier by the minute.  Grin

How so? ARe you making fun of the need to use socks? What kind of person are you? I'm going to write you up.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
cyrus buelton

aka JuddDDDdd

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2009, 07:12:02 AM »

They're $26 for 6 pairs and they last less than 2 months. Brown socks from Wal-Mart last these guys 6-8 months and cost about a dollar a pair.

That's only about 4.30$ a pair, that is about right.

Last gold toe socks I bought were about that price.

walmart socks make the beast with two backsing suck, dude. No way they are lasting 6 months.

No Longer the most hated DMF Member.

By joining others Hate Clubs, it boosts my self-esteem.

1999 M750 (joint ownership)
2004 S4r (mineeee)
2008 KLR650 (wifey's bike, but I steal it)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2009, 07:38:38 AM »

walmart socks make the beast with two backsing suck, dude. No way they are lasting 6 months.

Oh no you didn't...

Triple J
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2009, 07:51:46 AM »

Another example why unions are out of step with reality. UPS provides their workers uniforms, but they still pregnant dog about having to spend $26 every 2 month on socks. Gimme a break. My work doesn't provide me any clothes, but does dictate the general fashion in which I must dress. It is a lot more than $26 every 2 months...even if I can buy stuff from wherever I want.

My dad was a firefighter for the Air Force (federal employee). Not only did they dictate his uniform...but he had to buy it...all of it.

I don't know if UPS is good to work for or not. I did have a few friends in college that loaded trucks though, and they liked their job...and from what I hear a UPS driver has to either die or retire for a driver spot to open up...suggesting it is a pretty well liked job. But, I have no FHE. Your sock argument is pretty lame though, and just sounds like the drivers have nothing else to pregnant dog about.

I like USPS and Fed-Ex better anyway...UPS cost too damn much.

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2009, 07:59:46 AM »

I have sock needs.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: