Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 02:12:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Flip the coin, pull the Trigger"  (Read 2999 times)
auntymal

« on: August 05, 2009, 11:34:18 PM »

[evil]Recently got "word" the boys in blue were going easy on fines etc, as per the union and the state govt wages wrangle. Scenario #1. Sponsor mate with son on back, nips away from a tail gater in open traffic, regains centre lane. Momentary speeding Booked 102 in 70 zone, no mercy: Scenario #2. Riding buddy enjoying the day swerving through the bends. Lights and siren, long, long talk.....126 in a 60 zone. Stern Caution. This within hours of this post. Seems you buy your ticket, and take your chance, just like always? Ride Safe, Aunty Mal bang head

...when injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty...
White Lion

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 02:35:17 PM »

Both 'should' have been a ticket as the cops are only letting 'low range' speeding off the hook, amongst other things.  Guess it came down to how dangerous the particular cop regarded each situation.  coffee
Spider
Ozmonsters: degenerating nicely since 2008

I may be long, but I fold up nicely

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 04:53:15 PM »

not down here boys! this just seen:

outside the Prahran police station (on Malvern Road) it's a 40 zone down to Chapel street....the boys decided they'd had enough of idiots thinking they're above it all right in their faces...so they set up a camera right outside the cop shop and book on the spot....within minutes they have got so many they need more officers! by the time 10 minutes is up (and a few guys are getting done for other things on top of the fine)....we have 7 cars/vans and 10 officers....EVERYONE is getting done for anything...meanwhile I'm sitting there watching. Even when I left there where officers of bikes coming to help out! It was chaos....but big $ for the boys.

now....if only they could police the non-use of indicators....they'd make a fortune down here!
White Lion

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 04:58:31 PM »

Yeah, separate forces means separate unions. The NSWP protest is estimated to cost the government $2million a week
dragonworld.
I can make like a tripod with my.....

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 04:59:55 PM »

Must be running short of coffee and donuts at the Malvern Office of Constabulary. Grin

Need to boost the coffers. Police

Have the local offices now become "self funded"??  Huh?  cheeky

Secret to a long relationship is........Keep the fights clean and the sex DIRTY"!
Spider

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 11:24:03 PM »

Yeah, separate forces means separate unions. The NSWP protest is estimated to cost the government $2million a week

so in effect, and you know I respect the work of the service, but by doing this particular action and using this pressure the Police force is admitting that it is a revenue raising service for the government?
Dannog

S4RS

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 11:34:28 PM »

so in effect, and you know I respect the work of the service, but by doing this particular action and using this pressure the Police force is admitting that it is a revenue raising service for the government?
Arrrrr.......drrrrrrrrrr!
Anyone who says its NOT is an absolute Liar and need to be struck down by a bolt of lighting on the spot
White Lion

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 11:55:51 PM »

In terms of tickets, for sure. That's tickets, not charges.  In saying that though, tickets also allow the public to be fined for a lot of things instead of being charged. Charges are not what people want
Spider

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 02:31:45 AM »

In terms of tickets, for sure. That's tickets, not charges.  In saying that though, tickets also allow the public to be fined for a lot of things instead of being charged. Charges are not what people want

very true, and we should all understand that road traffic enforcement is a tiny portion of what the force actually contributes to our society, so even if you disagree with how it's done and what it focuses on (and I do, I think focusing on speed is a great simplification of the complexities of driving)....that's 5% of the output....you don't suddenly say that 100% is useless...cause the next thing you know 3 blokes will be inside your house taking your plasma TV and your missus.

I think we need to go back to grassroots...how about a TV campaign that shows people what a lane is....what the lane markings mean....and what an indicator stalk is used for, that would help safety.
Dannog

S4RS

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 02:06:36 PM »

I think we need to go back to grassroots...how about a TV campaign that shows people what a lane is....what the lane markings mean....and what an indicator stalk is used for, that would help safety.
Ah Spider, your wasting you time on that one. Everyone knows Melbourneans don't car about lanes! Why say in one lane when you can drive in both!. I lived in Melbourne for 3 years and I recon the trams are what causes it!.

Just move up here to Sydney. Most of our roads only have 1 lane! ..... and a cute guy like you will fit right in cheeky cheeky
dragonworld.

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 03:12:27 PM »

.Ah Spider, your wasting you time on that one. Everyone knows Melbourneans don't car about lanes! Why say in one lane when you can drive in both!. I lived in Melbourne for 3 years and I recon the trams are what causes it!.

Just move up here to Sydney. Most of our roads only have 1 lane! ..... and a cute guy like you will fit right in cheeky cheeky

And therein lies the major cause of shitty, slack, inattentive driving! With the progressive and more intensive concentration on "speeding" as the primary cause of death and injury, and the same increase on policing of said speeding, the concentration on pinging what is percieved as "minor" driving offences has deteriorated to the point of non-existance. Roll Eyes

Working at Vic Roads (89 to 92) I saw the driving infringment history of many people, and the old "failing to signal", failing to give way, etc, etc was becoming rare, and speeding was the go.  Police

I believe, along with some of the older cops that I know that if a driver is not encouraged to concentrate on the baslcs of road use, including making sure their car is roadworthy(brake lights, headlights etc.) that eventually the use of correct driving techniques atrophies and falls by the wayside. And then the driver thinks "so long as I'm not speeding, I'm driving perfectly well!!" . With the resulting problems. Angry
a
But  of course the speeding is easier to enforce with less, a lot less people in uniforms. Cameras, a form of automated Road Safety enforcement??

No wages and training costs for Police bodies equates to a lot more $$$$ to the States coffers. The change from 0 to 15 over the limit to 0 to 10 kph over the limit netted more than 40million Pesos extra a year apparently.
Makes it very hard Government and Force Command to state credibly that it aint revenue raising??

If a road user is concentrating on signalling correctly, turning correctly, maintaining lane position properly and being banged if they dont,the safety on our roads would be improved, but you need bums in police cars and on bikes for that dont you, and heaven forbid that would cost money!! Angry

Secret to a long relationship is........Keep the fights clean and the sex DIRTY"!
Spider

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 05:19:19 PM »

isn't it amazing when you see a cop care....suddenly people actually drive properly (so they do have the ability are just too damn lazy / uncaring to use it)....proper spacing, indication, patience and focus...

Gazza.....I heard him...he said he wanted more  Police

I nearly feel off my seat!

you wanted more mate....should have been at Prahran, there were at least 10 by the side of the road!
dragonworld.

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 05:54:28 PM »

Shit, that probably meant that St Kilda and Knox TMU, as well as a number of local Stations was closed for that period!!  Police  Roll Eyes

auntymal

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 02:16:52 AM »

[evil]Some time ago I penned a crazed item called, "Rotten to the Core, with Blood on their Hands" it was all about the latest European evidence that time on rode/fatigue is the KILLER, not speed. The stats are as clear as a bell, raise the Hume limit to say, 130, chop off 2 hrs and "gain" an exponential improvement in fatality rates. Having artificially low limits on expressways in particular only serve to INCREASE fatalities so if they are fair dinkum they'd address the issue accordingly no? NO its all about the money and we, the motorists Pay twice, some with their lives...BASTARDS! (dont get me started!!) I sent the item to all my contacts and spoke on it at C.H.U.M.P.S (journos piss-up/ride).....it was panned, being deemed "Too hot" etc...coz the boys didn't wana rock the "no front number plate" boat! Oh well..."Apathy is Death" Police Police Police Great weekend up at Nundle just passed, biggest ever Recon for the Thunder...(calmer now) A.M. bang head

...when injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: