Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 03:00:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suddenly FIM loves Nicky Hayden  (Read 3530 times)
gm2

« on: May 21, 2008, 05:11:57 PM »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67592

'Hayden, who last won a race in the 2006 US Grand Prix, reckons he is struggling because of his lack of experience in lesser categories.'

"Pedrosa comes from the 125cc and 250cc classes, so he's used to look for linearity in the trajectory and he knows how to keep a higher speed through corners," he added. "So his riding style is very much suited to the 800cc." '

Like this is the racing, no?
sqweak
WebGeeK

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 06:09:03 PM »

Huh?

I don't get how the article shows FIM loves Nicky?

2007 S4R-T (street)
Black CRG Hindsight LS, Black CRG Roll-A-Click Levers, Black Rizoma Conical Handlebars, DP Open Airbox, Clear Alternatives Integrated LED Brakelight w/ Smoke Lens, Removed: Chopped (w/ Cookie's kit), Sidepods & Wiring relocated, Passenger pegs, Stickers

2001 Suzuki SV650 (track)
gm2

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 06:30:31 PM »

it doesn't show they actually love him, but he is indirectly supporting their cause

FIM wants the most successful GP riders to come from the support GP classes.  it strengthens the series they own.  by extension (they'd never say this, of course) they want the path from sbk -> GP to be less 'recommended'... common thinking should be 'successful GP riders come from 125 and 250'.. that sort of thing. 

nicky is saying what they want him to.. not that they asked him to do so.  but he's saying what they want to hear.

...this is my personal opinion why they moved to 800cc machines, btw.  i don't think they ever believed that nonsense about safety and slowing things down.  they just wanted to promote the corner speed riding style over the point-and-shoot style, so that The Path to GP success came from their own series.

Like this is the racing, no?
sqweak
WebGeeK

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 08:08:04 PM »

ahh, now i get your meaning waytogo

I wonder what kind of impact the switch to 4 strokes will have.  Wink

2007 S4R-T (street)
Black CRG Hindsight LS, Black CRG Roll-A-Click Levers, Black Rizoma Conical Handlebars, DP Open Airbox, Clear Alternatives Integrated LED Brakelight w/ Smoke Lens, Removed: Chopped (w/ Cookie's kit), Sidepods & Wiring relocated, Passenger pegs, Stickers

2001 Suzuki SV650 (track)
derby

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 08:34:09 PM »

the bikes will be heavier, but there will still be more of a focus on cornerspeed.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 03:53:36 AM »

<snip>

nicky is saying what they want him to.. not that they asked him to do so.  but he's saying what they want to hear.

<snip>
Nicky has always been a 'company man'.

If he says what they want to hear he's ensuring his future in the Euro racing scene should he decide to stay there.

He may be a bumpkin, but he's far from stupid. Wink

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

mikeb
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 05:20:35 AM »

Nicky has always been a 'company man'.

If he says what they want to hear he's ensuring his future in the Euro racing scene should he decide to stay there.

I didn't take his comments in the article to mean he was a "company man".  Or was saying what Dorna wanted to hear.  He was merely stating the facts.  He comes from dirt-track racing where you steer with the rear.  To me he was merely stating why he's struggling.  And putting the blame on his own shoulders.  I think it's very big of him to say he's the one that needs to step up.

I don't see how Nicky, stating the obvious, makes him a "company man".  Or how it will help insure his place in GP racing.  He rides for Honda not Dorna.  And he's saying I can't ride this Honda very well.  What's that going to get him?

Stating that riders from the smaller GP classes are better suited for the 800's is only stating the obvious......it's not ass-kissing company talk.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 05:25:38 AM by mikeb » Logged
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 04:39:17 PM »

I didn't take his comments in the article to mean he was a "company man".  Or was saying what Dorna wanted to hear.  He was merely stating the facts.  He comes from dirt-track racing where you steer with the rear.  To me he was merely stating why he's struggling.  And putting the blame on his own shoulders.  I think it's very big of him to say he's the one that needs to step up.

I don't see how Nicky, stating the obvious, makes him a "company man".  Or how it will help insure his place in GP racing.  He rides for Honda not Dorna.  And he's saying I can't ride this Honda very well.  What's that going to get him?

Stating that riders from the smaller GP classes are better suited for the 800's is only stating the obvious......it's not ass-kissing company talk.

I don't think being a loyal employee to Honda, biting his tongue when he's pissed, or being a company man is a bad thing...or kissing ass...

It's good business.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

mikeb
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 04:24:46 AM »

I don't think being a loyal employee to Honda, biting his tongue when he's pissed, or being a company man is a bad thing...or kissing ass...

It's good business.

I didn't say it wasn't good business.

I just don't think he was doing any of that in the interview.  To me he was just being honest and stating obvious facts.  He sucks on the new breed of bikes because they favor cornerspeed.  It's not a revelation.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 04:42:14 AM by mikeb » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: