Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 10:27:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida inmates make, sell their own hot sauce  (Read 2472 times)
redxblack

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 05:14:39 AM »

The best thing about the scarlet letter license plates - the convicted person has to purchase them if they want to drive. They're not automatically issued and they're not cheap, either. I'm all for anything that makes people have to take a few minutes to consider safety on the roadways.

Profiling is selectively targeting people for potential enforcement based on demographics. This is flagging people for past transgressions to make it more difficult for them to repeat. A drunk driver would be less likely to park their yellow and red plate at the bar and go tie one on.
erkishhorde

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 08:10:36 AM »

and they can do that by being the prison's janitors

not running a clothing line, working on roads, wildland fires, and building houses like they do here

it takes jobs away from those who need it

Having prisoners work may be taking jobs that are needed but they aren't necessarily jobs that are wanted. I bet a lot of people would rather sit on their butt collecting unemployment than working on highways.

ErkZ NOT in SLO w/ his '95 m900!
The end is in sight! Gotta buckle down and get to work!
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 08:20:45 AM »

The best thing about the scarlet letter license plates - the convicted person has to purchase them if they want to drive. They're not automatically issued and they're not cheap, either.

I don't know where you live, but I have to purchase plates (stickers) every year. There not cheap either.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 08:32:48 AM »

and they can do that by being the prison's janitors

not running a clothing line, working on roads, wildland fires, and building houses like they do here

it takes jobs away from those who need it

http://www.correctionsone.com/corrections/articles/1850849-What-Makes-a-Good-Warden/

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Pakhan

This is for Pris!

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 08:36:20 AM »

Couldn't hot sauce burn through metal bars?  Over a long period of time of course, but they have a lot of that.

"I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines."   m620 749s r6

www.suspectsunlimited.com
NAKID

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 08:43:08 AM »

Mythbusters tried that...

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 08:48:26 AM »

Couldn't hot sauce burn through metal bars?  Over a long period of time of course, but they have a lot of that.

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 09:07:27 AM by kopfjager » Logged

cyrus buelton

aka JuddDDDdd

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 08:49:44 AM »

That's a good read, thanks  waytogo

No Longer the most hated DMF Member.

By joining others Hate Clubs, it boosts my self-esteem.

1999 M750 (joint ownership)
2004 S4r (mineeee)
2008 KLR650 (wifey's bike, but I steal it)
Pakhan

This is for Pris!

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 08:54:45 AM »

Mythbusters tried that...

Did it work?  I thought they did something like that with battery acid.

"I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines."   m620 749s r6

www.suspectsunlimited.com
NAKID

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 09:08:06 AM »

No appreciable damage to the bars...

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: