Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 12:22:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 250 GP replacement  (Read 3439 times)
pennyrobber

« on: May 22, 2008, 07:51:38 AM »

This seems to have passed under the radar.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/mcn/2008/may/12-18/may1708frenchmotogpexclusive250classtobereplaced/?&R=EPI-100500

The have been talking about this for awhile but now it seems to be officially in motion. Bad idea in my opinion, but what do I know. RIP two stroke racing. 

Men face reality and women don't. That's why men need to drink. -George Christopher
sqweak
WebGeeK

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 08:17:43 AM »

two strokes aren't dead, 125 will remain unchanged....

2007 S4R-T (street)
Black CRG Hindsight LS, Black CRG Roll-A-Click Levers, Black Rizoma Conical Handlebars, DP Open Airbox, Clear Alternatives Integrated LED Brakelight w/ Smoke Lens, Removed: Chopped (w/ Cookie's kit), Sidepods & Wiring relocated, Passenger pegs, Stickers

2001 Suzuki SV650 (track)
gm2

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 08:19:29 AM »

hey derb.. remember last year when i said i had read this was coming but couldn't find the reference?

here it is.  =)

Like this is the racing, no?
sqweak
WebGeeK

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 08:22:38 AM »

i don't know how you read it last year since the proposal was just submitted this w/e cheeky

(yes, i know, there were rumors previously Wink)

MCN is crap.  Why are they talking about the 636 like it's going to be in the series, motogp is _prototype_.  And "Inline 4 only"?  That seems to be a silly requirement...

2007 S4R-T (street)
Black CRG Hindsight LS, Black CRG Roll-A-Click Levers, Black Rizoma Conical Handlebars, DP Open Airbox, Clear Alternatives Integrated LED Brakelight w/ Smoke Lens, Removed: Chopped (w/ Cookie's kit), Sidepods & Wiring relocated, Passenger pegs, Stickers

2001 Suzuki SV650 (track)
gm2

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 08:31:17 AM »

yeah, i dunno.. it was certainly presented as 'confident rumor' at the time.. but i definitely read it.. or more probably heard it on a race broadcast, since i could never find it again.. last year

derby

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 08:45:28 AM »

i don't know how you read it last year since the proposal was just submitted this w/e cheeky

(yes, i know, there were rumors previously Wink)

MCN is crap.  Why are they talking about the 636 like it's going to be in the series, motogp is _prototype_.  And "Inline 4 only"?  That seems to be a silly requirement...

it's poorly worded. i'm pretty sure they don't want production motors.

inline only sounds like a cost containment limitation.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
gm2

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 08:49:13 AM »

the rumor/report i heard last year actually said that the 600s would be closer to stock machines.  like, almost no change from stock showroom I4 engines.

distinct departure from a prototype series but serves their purposes in cost control and promoting a certain type of riding.

fasterblkduc

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 06:35:45 AM »

hey derb.. remember last year when i said i had read this was coming but couldn't find the reference?

here it is.  =)

It was not a rumor. There was at least one well publicized meeting about it. It was up in the air as to what the class would be. So you were right.
This class will still be a prototype class but they may have restrictions that will keep the motors close to production motor displacement. Prototype chassis and everything else. If they don't put restrictions on the motors, then it will be too much like the premier class.

Atomic Racing
Zalusky Advanced Riding School Lead instructor
2010 partners:
Komodo Gear, Motorex, Studio299, Moto Primo, Caztek, Chickenhawk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: