Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 07:01:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Southern BMW Duc  (Read 3600 times)
ducducgooseme
Local Moderator

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« on: September 08, 2009, 11:09:05 AM »

So now that I am back in CO, I wanted to see how things are doing in the duc shop now that it has merged with Harley.  Are any of the  original mechanics still around?  I liked those guys and trust them better than the guys in Denver.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 01:15:39 PM »

DDGM, I know Larry and Jim are still in parts, but I did hear one mechanic moved to Hymark motorsports, not sure who. The place does have a different feel to it, then I've only bought parts since the move...Bonfy was accosted by one of the staff of PPMS sat. morn. She might know more...

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
J_Slyter

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 05:33:01 PM »

I was there on Aug 15th since the BMW Demo truck was there and I wanted to test ride a couple of bikes. I spoke with both David and Kevin that day, but that was almost a month ago now and things could definitely be different.

I picked up some spare oil filters for the Duc about a 1 1/2 weeks ago since they had the 25% off parts thing going on. I spoke with Larry and Sean that day. I don't recall seeing Jim, but it could have just been his day off.
ducducgooseme
Local Moderator

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 12:40:00 PM »

Whatever happened to beemer bill after his last accident?  Does he still wrench?

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
DucatiDaveSoCo

Riding in the rockies

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 05:07:08 PM »

Hey guys, this is David from Pikes Peak Motorsports, formerly BMW/Ducati Of SoCo. Kevin and I are both still in the service department, and Larry and Jim are now service advisors. Shawn the parts guy is no longer with with the company. We will start having Motorcycle Clinics starting very soon, so give us a call an check in from time to time.
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 08:43:04 AM »

Those asshats who run Pike Peak Harley just fired Jim Bassett, the parts/service guy who knew his stuff.  Kevin and Larry are the only guys left who actually know a gosh darn thing about BMWs/Ducati's.

Once they're gone, and believe me it won't be long, take your Ducati to that service department at your own peril!  Not even anything against the Harley techs that work there, they're Harley guys and they just don't know the machines...it's the complete fools in management who think that can work.
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 02:21:57 PM »

UPDATE:  I talked to Jim, and when he went to collect his personals after being fired over the phone, they decided to offer him his job back!  Why, because they're idiots!

And what's better, he turned them down!  Rightly so, these people are completely ludicrous.
KRJ

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 04:02:30 AM »

Damn, gotta love the " fired over the phone " policy of management, in the 15+ years I've been a manager I have never done that, I've drove to a guy's house once, but have always done the face to face. The phone call is the most cowardly approach in my opinion, even worse than the note in the last check. Really shows what the place is all about, Jim, good luck, and You made the right choice, They can all pack sand...

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
flynbulldog

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 06:02:48 PM »

I feel for larry, Kevin and Dave. They are good techs and didn't deserve to be railroaded into the dark side.
But I just can't go there. Went once to see what it was all about and it's no place to go for a Ducati or BMW.
The staff are not motorcyclists, they are bikers - different world IMO. I want nothing to do with it.
DucatiDaveSoCo

Riding in the rockies

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 01:50:30 PM »

Hey guys, if you get this, I'm (David) wrenching over at Wheel Works now, behind woodmen nissan on the left. Come by and say hi and check out the place. Hope to see you soon.
KRJ

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 02:21:27 PM »

Right on Man, glad You are gainfully employed, will try to come visit, keep in touch and lets go riding!!

bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 04:46:09 PM »

Thanks, David, for the heads up.  Good to know we have a Duc mechanic among us.  Will check you out soon. 

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: