2009 Tour de Fat

<< < (2/3) > >>

KnightofNi:
i like the idea of this.

seems like it's bordering on hippyfest, but i still like it.

they should also point out that you could possibly lose your dreivers lic if you are pulled over while drunk on a bicycle.

bluemoco:
Quote from: JEFF_H on September 17, 2009, 11:23:50 AM

we've been 3 times...
one of my fave events of the year.

hostility of peddlers?
 ???

must be a local thing...here bike events of all kinds co-exist fine with traffic and non-bikers

The Tour de Fat sounds like a blast!  I bet it is a great time.

The other posters were probably referring to the "Critical Mass" riders, who comprise a group of cyclists that celebrate their passive-aggressive nature by snarling up traffic on the last Friday of the month.

KnightofNi:
Quote from: bluemoco on September 18, 2009, 12:16:05 PM

The Tour de Fat sounds like a blast!  I bet it is a great time.

The other posters were probably referring to the "Critical Mass" riders, who comprise a group of cyclists that celebrate their passive-aggressive nature by snarling up traffic on the last Friday of the month.

it was also to raise awareness that there are a ton of cyclists so people need to start treating them better instead of treating them like they weren't there or it didn't matter when they didn't check traffic before they pulled out or opened a door.

somegirl:
There's a big difference between bike behaviors during Critical Mass and Tour de Fat.

KnightofNi:
Quote from: somegirl on September 19, 2009, 04:35:05 PM

There's a big difference between bike behaviors during Critical Mass and Tour de Fat.

one is militant bicyclists and the other is drunks on bikes?

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page