Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 08:57:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacksonville area?  (Read 1486 times)
cruzr180

« on: September 20, 2009, 01:33:59 PM »

I am going to be relocating from Chicago to Jacksonville for work. Possibly next month.  How's the bike scene? any good areas to go riding?

also what about dirt biking or atv's?

any other local area websites?

TwoWheelDuke
Wayward Son on a Jap Bike

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 07:44:49 AM »

I am going to be relocating from Chicago to Jacksonville for work. Possibly next month.  How's the bike scene? any good areas to go riding?

also what about dirt biking or atv's?

any other local area websites?

Welcome to Florida.  Jacksonville does have a pretty big bike scene, but it's mostly squid.  With a naval air station and a sea base, you have huge numbers of enlisted personnel that basically think they're invincible.  Add that to the native "stretch, slam, and bling" element and you've got quite the recipe for idiocy.  When I'm heading back into Florida, I can always tell when I'm near Jacksonville because of the nearly naked asshats speeding by on sportbikes. 

However, there's got to be some enthusiasts up there somewhere.  And you're decently close to Jennings as well as most of the Southeast tracks.  Compared to what you're used to, you'll have year round riding potential, although the Jacksonville winter can get a bit chilly for my liking.

S. Florida is about 5 hours away from Jacksonville.  There's a section on here for "Coastal Ducati Club" and you may have better luck there.  Seems they have their own forum as well, and they organize trackdays at Jennings. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: