Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:28:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of scotch..  (Read 16886 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2008, 05:35:35 AM »

12.  It wasnt -bad- just sweeter than i would have liked.  Didnt go too well with the cigar, thats why i bought the laphroaig.

You should pick something better than a Phillies Blunt

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
CLIVE

« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2008, 05:59:32 AM »

You should pick something better than a Phillies Blunt

I cant help it, im from philly.  And i love ground up tobacco leaves.

actually they sell pretty decent cigars there, as far as i know.  Im certainly not an aficionado.  One of them was called montecruz - negro cubano (i know its not actually cuban).
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2008, 06:04:26 AM »

I cant help it, im from philly.  And i love ground up tobacco leaves.

actually they sell pretty decent cigars there, as far as i know.  Im certainly not an aficionado.  One of them was called montecruz - negro cubano (i know its not actually cuban).

Cuban seed.  when Cuba nationalized all the tobacco companies in '63, the owners fled with as much as they could, including seed and plant samples.   Most relocated to Honduras, Dominicana or Nicaragua.

My favorite is the Flor de Farach.  Farach was a very very Cuban brand and he fled.  I actually bought a pre-embargo box of Farach Lonsdales, 40 year old cigars tasted like butter.  mmmm

If you can find the Flor de Farach, they are a good smoke. 

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
CLIVE

« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2008, 06:11:49 AM »

The other one was an ashton monarch.

im buying more cigars for sure.  but today... my breath will not quit.
BlackHills

« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2008, 11:08:04 PM »

Balvenie DoubleWood is a nice dram.

If you have a liquor store nearby that has a decent selection of mini-bottles that's a good way to try some different scotches without spending a ton. 

Here's a good site for some more ideas http://drwhisky.blogspot.com/

Any motorcyclist caught holding up automobiles on a winding road will be forced to sell all fringed accessories, buy plaid pants and take up golf.-- Peter Egan
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2008, 07:48:28 AM »

The other one was an ashton monarch.

im buying more cigars for sure.  but today... my breath will not quit.

that's why they always sell Altoids at cigar bars...

XiaoNio

« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2008, 11:07:37 AM »

Balvenie DoubleWood is a nice dram.

I'll agree.  Doublewood is quite tasty and definitely a good catch for the price.  I prefer it to the 15 and 17.

Unlike most guys here, I actually like Talisker.  I think the distiller's edition is great.  It has quite a bit of phenol and peat without going overboard.  The 10 year on the other hand is definitely pretty harsh.  My other pick is the Lagavulin 16.  Very full flavored and smokey without being harsh.

I do have a confession though.  I drink Walker Black... with soda...   When going out, it's always consistent, every bar has it and it's unlikely to leave me with a dehydration headache.
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2008, 11:15:06 AM »

I do have a confession though.  I drink Walker Black... with soda...   When going out, it's always consistent, every bar has it and it's unlikely to leave me with a dehydration headache.

Indeed. I'm all for expanding my horizons when it comes to sipping fine scotch (and bourbon...), but when it comes to having a good time, i stick with what i know. black label is is black label no matter where you go. I have found though, that if you leave that shit sit for too long, it tends to get a bit... musty, you could say.

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
CLIVE

« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2008, 09:44:48 AM »

I bought a couple cigars to try out.. gurkha and a nub.  Ive only smoked the nub so far, mild and tasteful but very short and slow burning.  Only 4.50 too, so i would suggest it.  Havent gotten to the gurkha yet.

I was recommended balvenie by a friend too, i think ill try that next.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: