Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 07:57:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducati Insurance  (Read 5830 times)
HoodA

« on: September 23, 2009, 11:26:13 AM »

Hey guys I have posted in the other forums a bit but I am looking to buy a Ducati Monster 1100 and am having trouble finding insurance companies who insure the bike.

Both Primmum and State Farm both said they don't insure it, which is strange since they insure the 1098 .... weird.

Any suggestions? I am turning 25 with 3 years of riding experience.

Dustine1017

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 06:30:22 PM »

You are looking to buy a Ducati Monster 1100??? Have you already get a it??? If you are having trouble finding insurance companies who insure the bike, then you must do an action for that. Go to the company who create that one. If that so, you can assure that your bike is in assurance in case of damage.

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 06:50:14 AM »

No I don`t own it yet, I was hoping to buy it this srping but I can`t seem to find decent insurance for it.

I was just quoted 6400 full coverage from Dalton Timmis Insurance, I have no accidents and am turning 25. I do have a ticket or two but nothing crazy.

It seems like other companies don`t insure it, I have having a hell of a time. I currently pay 1065 for my suzuki Katana for basic coverage, crazy difference.

If anyone can lend me a hand it would be appreciated because I was really hoping on it but maybe a 696 would be fun as well...
jeph72

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 07:11:23 AM »

Have you tried asking around on the DOCC? I'm not sure if there are a lot of monster owners there, but there are plenty of superbike owners who could likely point you in a different direction.

When I was shopping for my bike a few years back, I had a hell of a time trying to find a half decent price for insurance for an S2R1000. I ended up buying an S2R800 and got it insured through Riders Plus.

The only other places I could suggest trying would be Jevco or Kingsway.

HoodA

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 06:10:35 AM »

Well I have to say I am making some headway on the insurance.

Full insurance from Progressive is gona cost me 2700, 1700 for basic. Obiously still
to much but it's closer.

I talked to a fellow from Rider plus he said that they are in the middle of re-classifying it because at the moment it's considered a super sport..... he said by next spring I should be able to get reasnable insurance for it.

Jevco offered to insure me for 6234 dollars because it's "a death machine" wow, all 90 HP of it. I love ignorant people who just see Ducati and make assumptions, I mean it's no 1098 in the performance department but it is a lot sexier.
Ontario_Monster

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 06:39:35 AM »

Well I'm with Riders Plus for my S2R 800 which was the largest monster they use to ensure, the actually have me with Echelon insurance so if you can find a broker who deals with them you should get a pretty good deal.  I'm currently paying $950 for the year full coverage (and replacement) and $1000 deductable.  It isn't great but it is better than some of the places, hell I work for RBC and with all my discounts they still wanted $2700.

Good luck.

Ducati ..... Ducati ..... Ducati ..... It just makes me smile!

Harley drivers in short/t-shirts/and salad bowls .... make me laugh.
HoodA

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 06:24:58 AM »

Yeah I spoke to Riders Plus they told me that currently the bike is considered a super bike but that it is being reviewed as we speak. He said by next spring it should be decent insurance.... .. here's to hoping.

acto

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 05:48:01 PM »

Hey,

I've got an 1100s and I'm currently insured with State Farm. The only reasonable company I could find. I'm paying $1,300 a year.

A
Ontario_Monster

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 05:40:18 AM »

Check the spelling but if you are a University grad TD Maloche offered to insure my S2R 800 for $700, currenlty I'm paying $1091 with Riders.  Will be switching next year I think.

Cheers

Ducati ..... Ducati ..... Ducati ..... It just makes me smile!

Harley drivers in short/t-shirts/and salad bowls .... make me laugh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: