Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 22, 2024, 10:51:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THCM needs assistance in Plano!!!!!!!  (Read 4290 times)
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 07:33:40 PM »

I'll give the guy a call and see if he's available Thursday afternoon.  I just want someone to have him fire it up, assuming he hadn't warmed it up for an hour just so it fires up first try.  Maybe give it a good once over and if there's any major issues not shown in the pics snap a couple of those.  I can handle any visual imperfections on my own, it's the engine stuff I haven't learned much about yet.

I'm hoping she runs as good as she looks in which case I'll be picking it up this weekend.  Oh but for the record I'd remove that fugly mailbox for a tail section and checkerboard ASAP.

Okay, but this will cost you two lessons on the powerhammer!   cheeky

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

Duc L'Smart

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 07:39:34 PM »

(Anyone up for lunch Thursday?  MoFoToPia?  Scott?)

Wish I could... Leaving for Austin Thursday A.M.  drink drink drink

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 07:48:23 PM »

Wish I could... Leaving for Austin Thursday A.M.  drink drink drink

Oh yeah.  I FORGOT about that.   bang head

Seriously though.  Hope all you peeps have a great time.  And a safe one too (with no tickets or hangovers).

I must sit down a write a biker's blessing some day.

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

powerhammer

Hi, how are you?

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 07:51:16 PM »

Okay, but this will cost you two lessons on the powerhammer!   cheeky

show me a powerhammer we can use and i'll show you how to forge pretty much anything you could ever want.   waytogo

the hard part for me is not having access to one at the moment.

AndreRA3
The DFWM envoy to Belgium!

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 08:53:01 AM »

I used to own a 74 CB750 with a 78 motor in it...  Those were the SOHC models, and they also suffered from the charging gremlins.  Maybe his mods solved the issue, maybe they didn't.  Either way, assume that he has the battery on a smart charger right now (and up to an hour or so before anyone shows up) and assume that he will fire up that bike before hand as well.

For what it's worth, installing an electronic ignition system was the greatest thing I ever did to my CB750.  It never took more than two kicks to start the bike after installing that thing (using the electric starter on my CB was a sure way to kill the battery).

good luck on your purchase,

Andre

powerhammer

Hi, how are you?

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 02:29:46 PM »

Thanks Andre.

I just spoke with the guy and he will be available at 7:30/8:00PM on Thursday evening.   Nordog I sent you a PM.  waytogo

powerhammer

Hi, how are you?

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 05:46:10 PM »

Still looking for a contestant to check this thing out if anyone's available.  Thanks for giving it a shot Nordog, sorry I couldn't find a better time to coordinate it.

powerhammer

Hi, how are you?

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2008, 07:20:14 AM »

No further assistance is needed.  I bought the pig and love it.  Already took off the checkerboard and all the manufacturer decals that were on it and it looks 50% better already.  Now to change up that funky mailbox tail.

It does need a little repair on the gas tank as do most of these I've seen, but it rides smooth as silk once warmed up.  I noticed a very slight oil seep on the left gasket (clutch housing?) and the tank needs to be secured better but the engine is suuuuper clean.  He installed new clutch plates, did the valves, and cleaned the hell outta that engine/chassis.  For 1500 bucks (500 less than asking price)  it's my favorite new toy.

1982 CB750 24k miles.

Will post pics once the mods begin.

Duc L'Smart

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »

Congrats waytogo

Let's see some "before" photos!!!

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
hiero

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 05:05:58 AM »

sweet, pics please

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: