Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 30, 2024, 03:18:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Quit  (Read 3193 times)
NEIKOS
« on: May 24, 2008, 09:13:43 AM »

I'm done with the frustration of trying to get a stupid Ninja 250 at a reasonable . . . hell . . . rational price to race.

I started looking at other bikes for track days/racing and well . . . I'm done there too.  Either I'm a real cheap ass bastard or people have completely lost touch with reality when it comes to selling used vehicles.

I'm considering selling Lily as well.  Maybe I could get $7500 for her.  After all she's only an 02 620 with ~24K miles on her.  I should be able to get ~$600 more than MSRP for her.

Angry
driza

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 09:26:59 AM »

Demand for cars and bike that get good gas mileage are in high demand now.  If you try to trade in a SUV at the dealership they will laugh at you. laughingdp
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 09:43:45 AM »

Wrong season for it man. If you plan on racing it next season... wait till winter... you can snap up all kinds of cool shite on CL for butt ass cheap... trust me... spring/summer and high gas prices... bad combo for buying a bike... unless you really want a new bike... even there prices are going up. Wait till winter and enjoy your 620 while the sun is out.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
SaltLick
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 10:26:46 AM »

ha ha try buying a ducati monster around now.......

Last year when i got my bike, there was 2 ducati monsters on craigslist. a 99 750 and my 2002 750. that was it, and both of them sold within a few days of being up on craigslist and sold for thier asking price (which was high, i paid $4800 for mine 2002 750 with 6K miles on it. If you dont want to pay it people dont care, there are 10 other people waiting to buy it.......

unfortunately i bought my bike at the end of july/august.  I couldnt wait of course. Once wintertime hit (JAN, FEB) then i started seeing the 2005 620's in awesome condition with nice pipes and all the tasty mods going for $4000, probably could have gotten them for $3500. Hell i saw a 2006 M620 with 100 miles on it with cycle cat clip ons, ect. it was a beaut going for $3800, the guy couldnt afford the payments and had to get rid of it.  bang head

Now is an awful time to buy a bike, nothing to choose from and waaaay to high prices.
scott_araujo

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 12:49:10 PM »

Give up for now and start looking around the end of September to the end of November.  That is when all the guys who bought Ninja 250s for their girlfriends who never rode them liquidate.  You'll want to get one that's at least two years old.  One year old bikes are always selling above MSRP because the person paid top dollar, prep fees, and bought the 5 year extended warranty and feels they are entitled to all that money back since they only put 14 miles on the bike.  Wait until it's been collecting dust in the garage for two years and they're a little more desperate.

In related news, I was in at Columbia Scooter the other day.  Their prices are going to bump in a few months.  They had a one year contract for delivery prices that was fixed and hasn't changed.  Now that gas is more expensive they expect prices to go up a good bit just on delivery charges.

Have you considered Honda 160?
http://www.soundrider.com/archive/organizations/honda_160_racing.htm
Just as much fun, friendly people, and probably closer to the budget you're looking at. 

Scott
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 12:51:04 PM by scott_araujo » Logged
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 02:05:47 PM »

The 160's used to be cheap. Now, on the West coast... they are a pregnant dog to find... a guy at the track last month paid $5000 for his race setup bike... it is the in thing at the moment. Unless you can get one from the east coast... you are gonna get raped... and not in the good way.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 02:32:18 PM »

How about getting a Suzuki S40 and doing the Ryca conversion for it. Grin

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
scott_araujo

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 07:41:50 AM »

You're just looking for another bike so you can form a race class.

And it seems no matter how old they are people always want more green than is reasonable for Ninja 250s and Honda Rebels.  I don't care if you never rode it.  It's five years old, the tires are crumbling, and the carbs need to have the cleaned out!  And I don't want your two white HJC helmets and almost new jackets!

Scott
Mother

Free Organic Individual

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 01:02:00 AM »

but

you don't understand

It's modified so its worth an extra 2k for that off brand slip-on and K&N filter

found my old skin suit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: