Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:21:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Craigslist and Ebay Deals  (Read 230409 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1530 on: January 01, 2016, 07:51:00 PM »

I was about to ask you if, at a certain price, whether or not you would buy it back.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1531 on: January 02, 2016, 10:48:52 AM »

I was about to ask you if, at a certain price, whether or not you would buy it back.

I'd consider buying it back, but taking into account future maintenance needs and the want of a better suspension I probably wouldn't...now if it was an SFS with the Ohlins, I'd be more tempted...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #1532 on: January 04, 2017, 04:12:47 PM »

Sadly I have decided to put this on the market...  I just cannot see it just sitting in the sun and getting older and depreciate further.   Cry

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/5945809235.html
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1533 on: January 04, 2017, 06:50:06 PM »

Sadly I have decided to put this on the market...  I just cannot see it just sitting in the sun and getting older and depreciate further.   Cry

Huh?...and then there were two...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1534 on: January 04, 2017, 09:40:21 PM »

Good luck with that!!!

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #1535 on: January 05, 2017, 02:32:08 PM »

Huh?...and then there were two...

Two?  Your SF?
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1536 on: January 05, 2017, 02:38:45 PM »

Two?  Your SF?

No, two riders left out of the original group... Wink

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1537 on: January 05, 2017, 08:11:27 PM »

Original?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1538 on: January 06, 2017, 07:05:27 AM »

Original?

Okay, okay, I know that I wasn't a member of the original group, nor do I know it's origins, but you get my gist... Wink

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1539 on: January 07, 2017, 04:24:32 AM »

Original?

chug

Not that I was 'original' either

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1540 on: January 29, 2017, 09:32:55 PM »

Walter had his 900 Monster stolen 4 years ago out of one of his shipping container hangers up At Dillingham Field.  Since then he has run stolen bike ads on Craigslist every now and then. This morning I found the bike on Craigslist & we went out to Waikele to check it out.  For sure it was his bike. He is negotiating the release.

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/5979653680.html

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1541 on: January 30, 2017, 07:00:24 AM »

Walter had his 900 Monster stolen 4 years ago out of one of his shipping container hangers up At Dillingham Field.  Since then he has run stolen bike ads on Craigslist every now and then. This morning I found the bike on Craigslist & we went out to Waikele to check it out.  For sure it was his bike. He is negotiating the release.

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/5979653680.html

Comes with clear title... Roll Eyes

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1542 on: January 30, 2017, 10:09:26 PM »

Comes with clear title... Roll Eyes

That is actually true.  It seems that the bike was picked up by a towing company at one time and had a slew of parking tickets on it. Somehow it had a mechanics lien placed on it and for some reason Wally never got any notification. Title was awarded to the towing company and the bike was auctioned. Now in the hands of a young serviceman who is rotating back to the mainland in less than a month. The engine doesn't start. When Walter last had it it was popping out of second gear. That was why it was in storage in the first place. The front forks still leak oil. In short it is still a mess but nothing that a bit of work can't turn around somewhat at least.   popcorn  popcorn  popcorn

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #1543 on: February 03, 2017, 08:33:56 AM »

That is actually true.  It seems that the bike was picked up by a towing company at one time and had a slew of parking tickets on it. Somehow it had a mechanics lien placed on it and for some reason Wally never got any notification. Title was awarded to the towing company and the bike was auctioned. Now in the hands of a young serviceman who is rotating back to the mainland in less than a month. The engine doesn't start. When Walter last had it it was popping out of second gear. That was why it was in storage in the first place. The front forks still leak oil. In short it is still a mess but nothing that a bit of work can't turn around somewhat at least.   popcorn  popcorn  popcorn

i would look to the towing company. 

a.  towing company person sees bike he wants.
b.  puts bike out in place sure to get tickets.
c.  racks up a bunch of tickets until the bike has a tow order.
d.  tows bike.  no one collects. 
e.  towing company takes title.

a similar thing happened around here with cars. 

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1544 on: February 03, 2017, 11:55:02 PM »

I'm not sure but I think Walter bought it back cheap.

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: