Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 08:18:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here's one for you boys and girls partaking in the church of Ducati....  (Read 4120 times)
dragonworld.
I can make like a tripod with my.....

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 11:26:13 PM »

Put me down with the leaners.

When i hit the corners with the gas on my cheeks pucker up that tight i can't break the vacume between my bum and the seat.
And thats were my bum firmly stays, might vasso the seat laughingdp

Aaaaah, from the 50cent, 10 cent, 50 cent, 10cent school of riding motorcycles and dating women.  Grin waytogo [moto]

Secret to a long relationship is........Keep the fights clean and the sex DIRTY"!
916_tommy_s4

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 12:02:47 AM »

Cheers everybody, good reads, good opinions, and some good laughs!

Yeah I just prefer to move around a lot, I'm a bigtime weight transference-type guy. And despite what I may have typed(most likely an exaggeration in the heat of the moment) I don't tend to hang right off the side of the bike (most of the time anyway!) and I have no interest in putting my knee down.

Its just something I thought I'd ask cause they guys I go riding with the most are both leaners, and they like to go fast on the straight stuff, whereas I just love those twisties, and am throwing myself around on the back of the bike then waiting for them to catch up on the straight. Its only about personal choice is all, and I dont think one is better, I was just curious. So thanks every single one of you for your reasons and why you're a leaner or a hanger, as it were. Keep em coming. Or should I say leaning.... or hanging..... whatever.
loony888

"I WAS GOING HOW FAST, OFFICER?"

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 12:13:36 AM »

hanger offerer er er. like bazz i only move my bum half off the seat, and it's for a couple of reasons, i'm only short so there's no way i'm getting my knee down on public roads but dropping the shoulder and getting my knee forward (rather than sticking out like a wayward boom) weights the front of the bike, also keeps it a little more upright so you can go faster. hanging off also helps with change of direction too, cause moving your bum from side to side encourages extra leverage on the bars making direction changes quicker. this is only when i'm in the mood to go fast, if the wife is on the back or i'm just plodding along i keep my bum planted on the seat.

paul.
p.s fast is a relative thing, my fast may be embarassingly slow, probably is actually............. Roll Eyes

HERE AND NOW                      12 DIAVEL AMG
                                              93 888 RS
                                              09 1098R BAYLISS
                                              07 Husqvarna TE 450

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN        03 S4R       95 900SL
                                              01 S4         93 900M
                                              96 748SP
Jukie
I need a

Paradise

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »

not as slow as im going at the moment Paul.

Before Honda CB125N
          Suzuki GS125
Now.   Ducati 620ie
          Lambretta Li150
          Ducati S4RT
bazz20
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 01:30:42 AM »

like i said dear jukie take your time your mo jo will come back and if it doesent who cares as long as you enjoy riding thats all that matters , bazz
monstermick58

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 01:47:12 AM »

I think Pigmy would be a leaner, if he tried to hang off he would probably fall off, by the way anyone heard from him lately?

Mmick

This won't hurt much.... Trust me......
heatherp

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 01:55:04 AM »

Depends on how slack I want to be or whether road is wet.  So leaner when lazy, hanger offerer when wet or need to ride properly - like when I'm on a social ride with the Victorian  manager of Stay upright.  cos they teach you to hang off.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: